X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

GU vs Saint Mary's Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Short window... Can SMC muster more offense than they did against BYU? Can they slow the Zags down... at all? Will they upset the Zags somehow?

What are you expecting to see against SMC? What are you hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Short window... Can SMC muster more offense than they did against BYU? Can they slow the Zags down... at all? Will they upset the Zags somehow?

What are you expecting to see against SMC? What are you hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    They've done it before, let's not overlook the Gaels.

Zags 92, Gaels 80

Comment

• bigblahla
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

This is the least athletic Gaels TEAM in a decade. Can't slow the tempo when you're down 15 points in the first half against the Zags.

Zags win 89 - 64

The only reason Gaels get 64 is a spurt at the end.

Go!! Zags!!!
      "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• strikenowhere
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
        They've done it before, let's not overlook the Gaels.

Zags 92, Gaels 80
        I dunno - there's no Landale, Samhan, Dellavadova, or Mills on this team. Its going to get ugly for the Gaels quickly. 93 - 60 Zags.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
          I dunno - there's no Landale, Samhan, Dellavadova, or Mills on this team. Its going to get ugly for the Gaels quickly. 93 - 60 Zags.
          No disagreement here, it's just that I have that painful memory of losing to them in Vegas, after we had previously beaten them by 60.

Comment

• willandi
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

95-70 Zags
            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• phxfireflames
              Kennel Club Material
              • Mar 2009

100-65 Zags

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

ZAGS by 20+. After watching the BYU-St. Mary's game last night, I hope the guys stay motivated against the Gaels. As has been said earlier in this thread, this isn't a typical Gaels team. They went scoreless for 10+ minutes in the second half last night, hard to slow it down when you can't score. It was 29-25 at half............Yikes.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• Kiddwell
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Timme Takes Tass to Task

Zags Rip up McKeon, a poem
                  <ahem>
                  Roses are red,
                  Gaels soon to slumber,
                  When Zags rip up floor,
                  Bring out the lumber.
                  --------
                  Zags - 98
                  Gaels - 63

:]
                  Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                    Zag for Life
                    • Aug 2012

- will we steamroll smc and get to 100 or will they play snail ball and keep us to a season low?
                    - i think it could go either way, so i'll go with a middle of the road score, 89-61 zags.

Comment

• krozman
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2008

I want mark few to lay into this team for a good 1st half performance, and then keep the starters going for half of the 2nd half regardless of the score. There will be a time in the tournament where if you give a 3 point shooting team hope, they can shoot their way to a win on any given night. we need to learn to demoralize early and not let that happen, ever.
                      Krozman
                      GU student 1996-2000
                      Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2007

If the Zags dont sleep walk, I expect it to be 20+ easily, even after the subs relinquish the lead.

Comment

• zagzilla
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

After what I saw last night vs BYU, I don't see SMC scoring 70 on us. They have a different style this year and it is sloooowww. They aren't as good as Virginia at that style and we handled them.

That stretch where the Gaels were stuck on 50 for 10 minutes (!) last night was as bad as I have seen the Gaels look.

I suppose there is a chance that after a bad game, Bennet coaches them up and the come out firing but I don't see it. The crowd at McKeon has helped them in the past but they won't be there to give them energy tomorrow. Nonetheless, we must jump them early and hope for a sustained effort from the second unit. Zags by 20. Main drama is whether we will extend the streak of 85+points in every game

ZZ

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
                            After what I saw last night vs BYU, I don't see SMC scoring 70 on us. They have a different style this year and it is sloooowww. They aren't as good as Virginia at that style and we handled them.

That stretch where the Gaels were stuck on 50 for 10 minutes (!) last night was as bad as I have seen the Gaels look.

I suppose there is a chance that after a bad game, Bennet coaches them up and the come out firing but I don't see it. The crowd at McKeon has helped them in the past but they won't be there to give them energy tomorrow. Nonetheless, we must jump them early and hope for a sustained effort from the second unit. Zags by 20. Main drama is whether we will extend the streak of 85+points in every game

ZZ
                            Agree with everything you said. the 85+ points is what I am most concerned about. Unless Jordan Ford, Mills, Delly, McConnell or Samham disguise themselves as the guys they have now, I dont see how this is close.

Comment

• katman50
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                              No disagreement here, it's just that I have that painful memory of losing to them in Vegas, after we had previously beaten them by 60.
                              I was at that game. My night and the next couple of days were ruined. It was difficult to accept that loss, considering the future NBA players we had on that team.

Comment

Working...
                              X