X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtzaga
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

TW WD from next two tournaments. LA Open and Honda. Back spasms must be bad, especially when you can't hit it in the fairway.

Comment

• former1dog
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

One would think that Tiger would seriously be considering retirement at this point.

What ever happens on that front, I think we've seen the last of the Tiger we all remember from the glory days.

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Woods begins the third round at the Honda Classic 4 shots back. He thinks his game is close to what it should be. David Duval thinks he's 80 -85%. . .It has been a long time since Tiger was relevant on the weekend of a full field tournament. Woods hasn't broken 70 yet in 2018. If he's going to make a run, he needs to move up in the standings today.
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Woods shot his first score in the 60s this year, and he hit his highest number of fairways (nine) and greens (14) of any of his nine rounds and finished the third round of the Honda Classic in a tie for 11th.

"I really hit it good,'' Woods said. "I really had nice control of it today. If I could have just made a few more putts on the front nine, could have got the round started. I got the round started with a par putt on 12. Overall I feel very pleased to shoot something in the red and give myself a chance going into tomorrow, see what happens.''
          Tiger Woods is seven strokes off the lead and optimistic about his play entering the final round of the Honda Classic.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• former1dog
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
            One would think that Tiger would seriously be considering retirement at this point.

What ever happens on that front, I think we've seen the last of the Tiger we all remember from the glory days.
            Will I be eating my words. He's looked pretty solid in his most recent comeback. A top 15 finish today? Pretty damn good. Still a far cry from his glory days.

Comment

• CDC84
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

I am just worried that Tiger is the kind of guy who "can't" get away from the game. It's all he's known about since he was a little kid. That he doesn't know what to do with himself besides golf.

Like the constant jokes you hear on ESPN about Brett Favre coming back. Although I know he had a successful period with the Vikings, for me as a sports fan he tarnished his legacy by coming back into football and playing for a league rival. He just couldn't put the game aside.

It's kind of sad, but it's what happens when these kids are brought up so one-sided. Other pro athletes have a real plan for what they want to do post-retirement, even if it involves giving back to the sport.

Comment

• former1dog
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                I am just worried that Tiger is the kind of guy who "can't" get away from the game. It's all he's known about since he was a little kid. That he doesn't know what to do with himself besides golf.

Like the constant jokes you hear on ESPN about Brett Favre coming back. Although I know he had a successful period with the Vikings, for me as a sports fan he tarnished his legacy by coming back into football and playing for a league rival. He just couldn't put the game aside.

It's kind of sad, but it's what happens when these kids are brought up so one-sided. Other pro athletes have a real plan for what they want to do post-retirement, even if it involves giving back to the sport.

With the Champions league, professional golfers really don't have to retire. The can keep on playing.

Comment

• mtzaga
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Tiger is -4 thru 15 holes at the Valspar Championship. He’s -5 overall and leading the tournament. A win will be huge. It looks like Phil inspired him.

Comment

• jbslicer
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mtzaga View Post
                    Tiger is -4 thru 15 holes at the Valspar Championship. He’s -5 overall and leading the tournament. A win will be huge. It looks like Phil inspired him.
                    MTGA!

Comment

• 23dpg
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jbslicer View Post
                      MTGA!
                      I don’t expect him to win. I’d love to be wrong.
                      Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• RenoZag
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Tiger -8 ( -3 for today's round) after 10 holes, tied for the lead in the Valspar Tournament. . .coverage on NBC.

Have to wonder if seeing Lefty win last week stoked Eldrick's competitive fire. . .

Comment

• former1dog
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                          Tiger -8 ( -3 for today's round) after 10 holes, tied for the lead in the Valspar Tournament. . .coverage on NBC.

Have to wonder if seeing Lefty win last week stoked Eldrick's competitive fire. . .
                          How will the new swing hold up under Sunday pressure?

Comment

• RenoZag
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                            How will the new swing hold up under Sunday pressure?
                            We'll find out today. He's in the penultimate pairing this afternoon, playing with his buddy Grant Snedeker, who was along for the ride yesterday when Woods shot a solid 4 under par 67 that could have been even lower ( he burned the edge of the cup with at least three birdie putts while I watched the broadcast ). He's only one shot out of the lead.

There are some really good sticks within 4 shots ( Rose, Reed, Palmer ) who might write their own story. . .

After the SEC game ( Kentucky - Tennessee ) I 'll will be switching to NBC's golf coverage. Could be exciting viewing if Tiger is still in contention when the back 9 starts around 12:45 PST.

Comment

• mtzaga
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

TW shot a 70 and finished 1 stroke behind Paul Casey who shot a 65. TW hit it well but missed some makeable putts. He rolled in a 44 footer for a bird on 17 but he parred 18. Quite a performance after a spinal fusion. TW is back. The Masters is only 3 weeks away.

Comment

• RenoZag
                                Super Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

The green jackets are licking their chops. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X