X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin Centre Mad Man
    Administrator
    • Apr 2009

I voted other. Coach Hopkins is a huge upgrade over Coach Romar, but he got out-coached in this one. Coach Few is my GUnit.
    “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• zag buddy
      Banned
      • Dec 2007

Walton spends more time talking about other subjects that pop into his head and really does an injustice to the players on the floor who make some great plays but get no commentary because of Bill. Not a fan.

Comment

• White lightning
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
        I voted other. Coach Hopkins is a huge upgrade over Coach Romar, but he got out-coached in this one. Coach Few is my GUnit.
        After watching other Washington games. Hopkins is trying to figure out how to get the kids to play together. To many me first players. They can go deep if he figures it out. Ultra athletic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Impressed with Hop’s sincere kudos to Few at end. Classy.

Comment

• zagbeliever
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Jan 2013

Woolridge...just because. Really great, great play from all the players.

Comment

• sittingon50
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Woolridge QB'ed this one.
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• tummydoc
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by tyra View Post
                For first time EVER, I could not choose. But I was there and I will say this: the Kennel so has it over Hec Ed. They just don’t bring it!
                Petrusev disagrees. Tweeted they were louder than the kennel.
                Last edited by tummydoc; 12-08-2019, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Had to go with Tillie, although Ryan pulled us through some tight moments,
                  Tillie 6 assists, my Lord, and 4 steals, way to go, shooting not hot but got his share

Comment

• CPkZagFan
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Mar 2019

Tillie would be my pick but so many Zags stepped up and made huge plays. Those two put backs by Timme and one or two by Kispert were huge.
                    This Washington team could be the most athletic team that the Zags play in the regular season. I think they are better than Michigan. North Carolina
                    does not have the fire power (need we mention their last two games) that Washington has and I don't think Arizona has as many weapons (they almost
                    lost to Pepperdine). I am very pumped for the games with North Carolina and Arizona after seeing how well they played tonight. If they had missed
                    a few of those last threes and did not have some timely put backs, Washington would have won. They have some incredible talent. Woolridge was tremendous, he just needs
                    to slow down sometime and not try to force the issue that results in a turnover after he just forced one. Can't believe they did not call a foul when his legs got knocked out from under him.

Comment

• hooter73
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2008

I forget which team it was a few years ago, maybe duke, maybe KU, but they were just steamrolling teams and a coach came out and said he actually wished they had more turnovers, that they were playing it too safe and that sometimes there is such a thing as good or ok turnovers. That’s how I felt about Woolridge today.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                        Zag for Life
                        • Aug 2012

- went with woolridge, I know he had 5 turnovers, but of the starting 5, I think he clearly raised the level of his game more than anyone else.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                          He really drew up some great stuff.

I said before the game that I didn’t expect much out of Woolridge and he played great (minus the aforementioned turnovers that I forgot about). I didn’t think his game would translate well against zone but he found some weak spots and attacked with the dribble. His defense was very good, too.

I had to go with Tillie, who had a great overall game and hit that gigantic shot with the game in the balance.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

voted tillie for the overall game and clutch shot...wish he would be even more assertive. kudos to woolridge for not getting too outta control...that zone could have easily sped him up and he managed the game well and didn't force much...an ongoing struggle with him.

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • May 2019

Could easily make a case for as many as 4 players. I think Woolridge was they key though, he played within himself. When he is able to finish it changes everything, he is the one player that can play at a completely different speed. I also see the other players getting more familiar how and when he is going to pass as he drives.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

If Wool had 1-2 turnovers instead of 5 and some near TOs, it’d be an all time great game for a Zag point guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X