Has anyone seen the Vegas line on our trip to the Hec-Ed Pavilion, aka Alaska Airline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagsGoZags
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Has anyone seen the Vegas line on our trip to the Hec-Ed Pavilion, aka Alaska Airline

Arena to play the Huskies on Sunday?
    A lot of Seattle folks are revved up to see their first victory over the zags in quite some time, I would expect a little more activity in Las Vegas on this year's match up over the last few years
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Might be available here on Saturday:

Get the latest Gonzaga Odds, see their recent and upcoming schedule, matchups, injuries, stats, and team news.
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Mr Vulture
      Zag for Life
      • May 2008

The Huskies fans will be very disappointed at this time on Monday. The Huskies are very mediocre, talented, but mediocre.

Comment

• ProVeeZag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2011

Huskies have a neutral court win (in Anchorage) over Baylor by 3 pts back on Nov 8th and a neutral court loss (in Toronto) to Tennessee by 13 pts. Currently Baylor is ranked #18 while Tennessee is at #21. Other than these 2 games, there hasn't been much noteworthy competition and the margins of victory are modest (10 pts over EWU?). I have a hard time understanding the Huskies' #22 AP ranking at this juncture of the season. While I don't bet on college basketball, if the Vegas line is Gonzaga -8 pts or less, I'd be sorely tempted to take the Zags and give up the points. I mean how many points is playing in HecEd worth?
        "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
        —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• krozman
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2008

This game is weird to me, because I don't know if UW is good enough to be called a "quality win" come seeding time, but they shouldn't become a "bad loss." The PAC 12 isn't going to be a pushover like the past few seasons, and UW clearly needs this win more than GU does. I'd expect a real game.
          Krozman
          GU student 1996-2000
          Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• Zag_Dad
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by krozman View Post
            This game is weird to me, because I don't know if UW is good enough to be called a "quality win" come seeding time, but they shouldn't become a "bad loss." The PAC 12 isn't going to be a pushover like the past few seasons, and UW clearly needs this win more than GU does. I'd expect a real game.
            They are Nationally ranked at 22? How could this not be counted as a quality win? On their home court? No brainer... a loss would suck but I think it would not kill us for seeding in March for the same reasons stated. I'll be there Sunday so hoping to see a big WIN!

Comment

• SanDiegoZag
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ProVeeZag View Post
              Huskies have a neutral court win (in Anchorage) over Baylor by 3 pts back on Nov 8th and a neutral court loss (in Toronto) to Tennessee by 13 pts. Currently Baylor is ranked #18 while Tennessee is at #21. Other than these 2 games, there hasn't been much noteworthy competition and the margins of victory are modest (10 pts over EWU?). I have a hard time understanding the Huskies' #22 AP ranking at this juncture of the season. While I don't bet on college basketball, if the Vegas line is Gonzaga -8 pts or less, I'd be sorely tempted to take the Zags and give up the points. I mean how many points is playing in HecEd worth?
              There is no way the Zags will be an 8 point or more favorite over the Huskies. It will probably be like GU -1, or very close to pick em either way. So, bet the house on it?? I wouldn't be so confident. There is a good chance a win over UW in Seattle will be looked at as GU's best win of the season to the NCAA selection committee in March, if they can pull it off.

Comment

• krozman
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Zag_Dad View Post
                They are Nationally ranked at 22? How could this not be counted as a quality win? On their home court? No brainer... a loss would suck but I think it would not kill us for seeding in March for the same reasons stated. I'll be there Sunday so hoping to see a big WIN!
                Because after we beat them and they get trampled by Arizona and Oregon they wont be ranked at the end of the season. I guess my point is that this is a bigger game for UW than Gonzaga because UW may not be a quality win or a bad loss when all is said and done.
                Krozman
                GU student 1996-2000
                Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• Bogozags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

Winning Sunday would mean we are 2-0 on road games and 2-1 on neutral courts...

N E time you win on the road against a P-5 school it will have meaning...might be a Q1/Q2 win in March.

I worry about this game more than I do about UA...we just have not shot well from 3pt land or FT

Comment

• MDABE80
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

We win these next 3 and we’re number 1 by January. These are huge games for us. Zags need to shut down the 3 and control the tempo.

Comment

• bartruff1
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

If we had some bacon we could have some bacon and eggs.....if we had some eggs....

Comment

• GrizZAG
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                        We win these next 3 and we’re number 1 by January. These are huge games for us. Zags need to shut down the 3 and control the tempo.
                        Simply put, when we have difficulty getting open for three's it's because defenders are playing us tight, right in our grill and we can't get open. UNC for example or TT. It's an art and we have not had it particularly over the years. It's beyond me why our staff is not demanding that it be given more attention. We've had so many terrible sagging off instances this year it's frustrating. Good three shooting teams will give us fits if we don't shore these things up. AND learn to shoot FT's
                        One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• KStyles
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Unless it's a huge game (Duke-UNC), regular season games aren't usually posted until the day before.

KenPom has it at 73-71 GU. Bookmakers are usually pretty close to his model but also factor in their betting data. I'd expect it to open at GU -3.5 or 4, but we'll see tomorrow.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                            Doc, u gotta stay away from the morphine.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                              If we had some bacon we could have some bacon and eggs.....if we had some eggs....
                              “.....but we need the eggs.”

Comment

Working...
                              X