• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Worthington
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Juzang has to be the guy.

There are not many top 50 type guys that transfer to begin with, so there's not going to be a lot of these that keep hitting the portal.

Juzang is from LA and in the press release John Calipari says "When we spoke last night, his family talked about Johnny going back to the West Coast."

All the twitter buzz is that it's likely either Gonzaga or USC.

I confirmed that Gonzaga went to see Juzang while he was in high school at least once. Caldwell said we recruited him, but it may not have been that well known to the public so we probably talked to him more but it also fits the storyline that our conversations with him weren't discussed much.

As far as being underwhelmed, everyone is entitled to their opinion but please keep in mind that this is a guy that reclassified so 2020-21 would have been his freshman season had he not reclassified. A guy that finished 33 in 247's rankings, 30 in ESPN and 34 in Rivals. Great size at 6'6" and a SF known for his 3 point shooting. We are always trying to find a SF so this would be an incredible fit. Doesn't clash with the combo guards and versatile bigs that we are recruiting for 2021. In fact it fits perfectly. Yes guys like Paolo and Chet can also face up, but they would still play at the 4 or even 4/5 in Chet's case.

Lastly, remember when Caldwell said his hint was to think "big"? What does the B stand for in BBN...
    No disrespect, but if this is the guy who is a NWG/Brandon Clarke level transfer then that is a major letdown. He averaged 3 points on 38% from the field. He's a pretty good spot up three point shooter, but I'm not seeing much else. Julian Strawther is already a better player and prospect at this stage in my opinion.

Comment

• Zagdawg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Jeff Goodman
      @GoodmanHoops
      ·
      7m
      Hawaii grad transfer Drew Buggs (9.4 ppg, 5.4 apg, 4.5 rpg) told me he has heard from:

Gonzaga, San Diego State, Arkansas, Xavier, Fresno St, Utah St, UTEP, Montana, Colorado St., Temple and Northwestern thus far.

Comment

• YankMyZAG
        Bulldog Fan
        • Sep 2019

Originally posted by Worthington View Post
        No disrespect, but if this is the guy who is a NWG/Brandon Clarke level transfer then that is a major letdown. He averaged 3 points on 38% from the field. He's a pretty good spot up three point shooter, but I'm not seeing much else. Julian Strawther is already a better player and prospect at this stage in my opinion.

Room for both, no?

Comment

• ZagsObserver
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2010

He would be a fantastic get. Remember he’d sit a year, practicing with the rookies. Great for next year as well as the year(s) following. He’ll get better. Much better.

Comment

• StatZag19
            Professional Zag Fan
            • May 2019

Hearing it’s likely either USC or Gonzaga for Johnny Juzang
            I take nothing nor anyone on this forum seriously in any form or way. It is no more or less than a satirical board until legitimacy is restored.

Comment

• Worthington
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by YankMyZAG View Post
              Room for both, no?
              My main reservation here is that I project Juzang as only a bench/supporting quality player at Gonzaga. Considering he's formerly a borderline 5 star recruit presumably looking to transfer into a starring role, I don't love the fit. That's just my evaluation though. I'm open to having my mind changed, I just don't find the highlight tape that impressive.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                Zag for Life
                • Jun 2017

Each year, high-profile, immediate-impact freshmen have become the norm under UK head coach John Calipari. And more often than not, those players have ended the year in position to take the next steps in their basketball careers and enter the NBA Draft. Other times, the adjustment to the college game proves to be a bit […]

Kentucky was impressed with him in the second half of the season and expected a big jump next year. This is a guy that could have been playing in high school this year if he didnt reclassify. Big difference being that young at Kentucky. If he ends up at GU I will be excited.

Comment

• phxfireflames
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Mar 2009

I rather leave that SG/SF spot to Peyton Watson. Kid is a stud on both ends of the court

Comment

• scrooner
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Is he more talented than Arlauskas? From what little I know, he seems to be.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by YankMyZAG View Post
                      Room for both, no?
                      That’s a good question. Can you ever have too much athleticism on the wing? I suppose you can interchange them in the lineup and not change what you are doing much. You could play small ball with both him and Strawther in there. You could also slide one of them up to the SG spot, put the other at SF, and have a really long back court. Why not?

Comment

• StatZag19
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • May 2019

Originally posted by phxfireflames View Post
                        I rather leave that SG/SF spot to Peyton Watson. Kid is a stud on both ends of the court
                        I, too, really like Peyton and hope he comes to GU. That being said, he still doesn't have a standing offer from us. If we have an opportunity to get Juzang, let's do it. If we hold a spot away from Juzang, we better be 100% on securing a commit from Peyton.
                        I take nothing nor anyone on this forum seriously in any form or way. It is no more or less than a satirical board until legitimacy is restored.

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                          Is he more talented than Arlauskas? From what little I know, he seems to be.
                          Much more so. Martynas could project to be a nice role player - a glue guy sort. The other dude - well, he could be a team’s 2nd or 3rd option after a solid rs year at GU.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2018

Juzang is actually not the guy I was talking about, but we have strong interest in him. I would not be shocked if it is GU, this is actually kind of a new development from when I posted the mystery guy. I will do some more digging on Juzang.

Comment

• zagssuperfan
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                              Juzang is actually not the guy I was talking about, but we have strong interest in him. I would not be shocked if it is GU, this is actually kind of a new development from when I posted the mystery guy. I will do some more digging on Juzang.
                              Thanks. Is they guy still waiting to announce?

Comment

• caldwellzag
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by zagssuperfan View Post
                                Thanks. Is they guy still waiting to announce?
                                Still weighing his options

Comment

Working...
                                X