Do you expect any form of NCAA tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LTownZag
    Banned
    • Mar 2017

Do you expect any form of NCAA tournament?

Will even a spectatorless or abbreviated version go on?
    Yes
    29.66%
    No
    70.34%
  • Kong-Kool-Aid
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2009

Not if any NCAA players or coaches get it.

And that's looking like a distinct possibility for Nebraska.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

O/T, but I just texted my supervisors at my part time job. I asked them to get guidance from management, due to the events that have transpired since I finished my shift at 3 today.

Comment

• Zags11
        Banned
        • Mar 2008

Its done imo.

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

Nope.

They are 3 days from canceling it altogether. IMO.

College kids living in dorms, very few tests out there, very soon several players will test positive, perhaps many, and that will be it. Tournament canceled. Absolute tragedy for our kids who have earned the right to play for NC

If Kansas were to lose in their tournament and GU move to No. 1, maybe a movement to crown them NC and it won't mean much at all, no more than what they've earned already.

I am sick for the kids, but it's the only choice to be made.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• Zags11
            Banned
            • Mar 2008

Can they move it to may or june?

Comment

• ZagZombie
              Kennel Club Material
              • Jun 2011

After seeing Fred Hoiberg tonight, I wouldn't be surprised cancellations come soon. Absolutely selfish and reckless for him to be coaching tonight

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                Nope.

They are 3 days from canceling it altogether. IMO.

College kids living in dorms, very few tests out there, very soon several players will test positive, perhaps many, and that will be it. Tournament canceled. Absolute tragedy for our kids who have earned the right to play for NC

If Kansas were to lose in their tournament and GU move to No. 1, maybe a movement to crown them NC and it won't mean much at all, no more than what they've earned already.

I am sick for the kids, but it's the only choice to be made.
                Dixie, there is likely to be overwhelming pressure on the conferences to cancel the remaining tournaments. Developments have moved rapidly in just the past 8 hours.

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                  Dixie, there is likely to be overwhelming pressure on the conferences to cancel the remaining tournaments. Developments have moved rapidly in just the past 8 hours.
                  I agree totally.

I was saying "if"

But yes. I agree.

And it doesn't matter anyway.

No team wants a bestowed NC w/o winning six games on the biggest stage.
                  Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                    • Feb 2007

Most major campuses in VA are not letting students return after spring break and moving to virtual classes. UVA, and VT among them.
                    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• krozman
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2008

I only say yes because most players are so young and healthy that symptoms would be less than terrible on the whole. Now when one of the coaches gets it...…. then all bets are off.
                      Krozman
                      GU student 1996-2000
                      Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• LTownZag
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2017

MDABE80? DoctorZag? You both have touted your medical credentials and claimed that Covid-19 is overblown and basically similar to the standard to seasonal flu or H1N1.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Reborn
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by LTownZag View Post
                          MDABE80? DoctorZag? You both have touted your medical credentials and claimed that Covid-19 is overblown and basically similar to the standard to seasonal flu or H1N1.

Any thoughts?
                          I voted no. This thing is escalating every day. It's one of the characteristics of this virus. It spreads really fast. I have followed this very closely, for a couple weeks now, every day. If you don't think this is serious you are closed minded. The experts in this area, which is whom we should be listening to, agree that it's going to get worse, and it's going to get worse real fast. Because there is not a vaccine for it, and won't be won for like six months, the best way to fight this virus is called containment. The idea of containment is to do everything in our power to stay out of it's range for as long as we can. My hope is that we Gonzaga alumni, use our intelligence the way we were taught....to have an open mind and not be arrogant and selfish. You all know how much I love the Zags, but I like all human life more. That's my responsibility. If we can save one life, it's worth it. If we can save 100 lives it's really worth it, If we can save 1000 lives why wouldn't we be willing to do whatever is necessary to save a life.

No one will be happy if it's called off. I will not be. But I will survive and do what I can to save lives and defeat this dang virus. I think that that is to be our goal now. Do what we can to win this battle with this virus. Let's not be closed minded. Let's cooperative and be as positive and understanding as we can be. Remember! We ARE Zags. We are in a crisis, brothers and sisters, a national and international one. So let's ban together and win this bigger battle against this virus. SAVE LIVES>

Go Zags!!!
                          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• tummydoc
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
                            Can they move it to may or june?
                            Nope, players will have graduated by then. Life moves on.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
                              Nope, players will have graduated by then. Life moves on.
                              Think of all the major league players that lost years of their careers during WWII. Ted Williams is the first to come to mind...he was a Marine fighter pilot for 5 years.

ETA: you can't just flip the switch back on, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X