• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NotoriousZ
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    he looks good

plays a position the Zags currently don't have on the roster besides him...stretch 4. AW is not a stretch 4, neither is Timme, neither is Kispert, etc.

Gregg is
    Kispert does a pretty good stretch 4 impersonation, and he’s been doing a lot of it.

Ben looks good, but I don’t know how many meaningful minutes he’ll see in the tournament.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• bballbeachbum
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
      Kispert does a pretty good stretch 4 impersonation, and he’s been doing a lot of it.

Ben looks good, but I don’t know how many meaningful minutes he’ll see in the tournament.
      Not saying Gregg will get meaningful minutes, only that if there is foul trouble he could play a position not on the roster now. CK a stretch 4?

Comment

• bballbeachbum
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by basketballzag View Post
        The same minority of people who are crapping on Ballo’s game are the same guys who did the same thing to Kispert, Ayayi, Perkins, Karnikian, Wiltjer, Oylynk, D Stockton, and Rem. Ballo is going to be a beast and I’ve seen significant improvement with his game this year. I’ve also seen how endeared his is with his teammates and that endearment is a critical cog to this program going forward for the last 20 yrs.
        yep

Comment

• NotoriousZ
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

Not saying Gregg will get meaningful minutes, only that if there is foul trouble he could play a position not on the roster now. CK a stretch 4?
          When we throw three guards out there with Cory and either Timme or Watson, CK is the “4.” That is our best lineup IMO.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
            When we throw three guards out there with Cory and either Timme or Watson, CK is the “4.” That is our best lineup IMO.
            Right on. I like that lineup too, depending on the matchups. Maybe it's semantics we're discussing, but that is a 4 guard lineup to me. Interesting that with the bigger opponents the last 2 games, more and more AW and Drew together out there, slugging it out in the twin tower approach. Corey matched up with wings usually too, not every time but mostly, as other teams have tried hard to take away his jumper. AW has been positioned on the perimeter too, but I wouldn't call him a stretch 4 tho he plays that role at times

Anyway, Gregg's skillset is classic stretch 4, Corey's is classic wing, imho, wherever they line up. Hope that made sense

Comment

• NotoriousZ
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

Yes Cory is an amazing wing, but he’s big and strong enough to hold his own with most college forwards so I suppose I’ve always kind of thought of him as a stretch 4. He’s definitely a 3 at the next level, and that will be fun to watch also!

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • May 2019

I know this is supposed to be about Gregg but I always thought of Cory more of a 2 at the next level. Kind of a Klay Thompson type of guy. 2 or 3 in today's game i guess are pretty similar, more and more trend to position less basketball.

Comment

• zagfan08
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Corey is a shooter at the next level. Just has to be able to stay on the court defensively. Positions have never mattered less.

Comment

• zagdontzig
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by basketballzag View Post
                    The same minority of people who are crapping on Ballo’s game are the same guys who did the same thing to Kispert, Ayayi, Perkins, Karnikian, Wiltjer, Oylynk, D Stockton, and Rem. Ballo is going to be a beast and I’ve seen significant improvement with his game this year. I’ve also seen how endeared his is with his teammates and that endearment is a critical cog to this program going forward for the last 20 yrs.
                    Ok I agree with this sentiment, but what does Rem have to do with anything?
                    Originally posted by Reborn
                    Go Zags!!!
                    Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• webspinnre
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Depth is important, as fouls or minor injuries can cause major headaches. I'm glad he's been getting some minutes here and there and building confidence.
                      I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• tummydoc
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
                        Ok I agree with this sentiment, but what does Rem have to do with anything?
                        Rem not so much, but Karnikian, wow that was a player.

Comment

• zagnut2012
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
                          Rem not so much, but Karnikian, wow that was a player.

Love me some "Karnikian"...especially with a side of gravy...mmmmm

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
                            I know this is supposed to be about Gregg but I always thought of Cory more of a 2 at the next level. Kind of a Klay Thompson type of guy. 2 or 3 in today's game i guess are pretty similar, more and more trend to position less basketball.
                            He mentioned in a Dan Dickau podcast that this (Thompson) is exactly whom he aspires to be like.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                              Zag for Life
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                              Corey is a shooter at the next level. Just has to be able to stay on the court defensively. Positions have never mattered less.
                              no doubt, and the evolution of the 'stretch 4' helped that happen interestingly! my nutshell defintion: rim protector who can also streeeetch it out on O and D to operate from the perimeter, hit open weakside 3s when Ds collapse for whatever reason (post up, double teams, dribble penetration, etc.) Euros influence big in it with 3 point line intro

fun thread. I'm psyched for tournament games to begin

Comment

• Zagdawg
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

matt gregg
                                @_mgregg50
                                Little Ben @vanillagorilla_12 getting some run in with Gonzaga legend Kyle Wiltjer
                                @kwiltj
                                Old dog teaching and ruining nets. @ CC Perry Gym- Warner Pacific College https://instagram.com/p/CP9DtJasF7Z/?utm_medium=twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X