X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

I believe we will see a lot of Small Ball this year. I believe one of the years that Villanova won the National Championship they played Small Ball. Also in the interview with Mark Few he felt that they might play a lot of Small Ball this year. Dom Harris hasn't been mentioned so far. I really like Dom's talent and feel we could see him play this year. One thing in that interview with Few that really caught my attention was Mark's statements about Ayayi improving in the off-season. That is really great news because Joel had improved so much last year, especially at the end of the year. My starting five is Suggs, Joel, Kispert, Watson and Timme. Few does like to play his experienced players. That is one of his trademarks, imo. Based on the interview with Few, I also agree that we're going to see a lot of Cook. Few really seemed to rave about him, which is unusual imo.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Just saying, who are the five best players?

Comment

• tummydoc
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2013

Tough one Jazz. Watson, Kispert, Timme, Ayayi are pretty easy. But five is tough. Hope the hype on Suggs is real and he's #5, but I can't put an untested freshman there. I want it to be Ballo, but Few hasn't really talked him up. Nembhard might be #5 even though he's redshirting.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

In terms of upside the top 3 have to be Suggs, Watty and Tims all projected first rounders.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
            Administrator
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
            I believe we will see a lot of Small Ball this year. I believe one of the years that Villanova won the National Championship they played Small Ball. Also in the interview with Mark Few he felt that they might play a lot of Small Ball this year. Dom Harris hasn't been mentioned so far. I really like Dom's talent and feel we could see him play this year. One thing in that interview with Few that really caught my attention was Mark's statements about Ayayi improving in the off-season. That is really great news because Joel had improved so much last year, especially at the end of the year. My starting five is Suggs, Joel, Kispert, Watson and Timme. Few does like to play his experienced players. That is one of his trademarks, imo. Based on the interview with Few, I also agree that we're going to see a lot of Cook. Few really seemed to rave about him, which is unusual imo.

Go Zags!!!
            This four-guard lineup wouldn’t really fit the old GU definition of a “small ball lineup.” When I think of smaller lineups, I think of the Pangos-Bell-Stockton lineup of past seasons. Three of these guards are 6’4” or taller. It is an amazing luxury to have this many players with so much size and athleticism.

I agree with you about Harris. He is an excellent recruit. There have been seasons when a freshman with his ability and hustle would have stepped right into the starting rotation. It amazes me that we have enough talent that he may not crack the regular rotation.
            “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• IowaSERE
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              In terms of upside the top 3 have to be Suggs, Watty and Tims all projected first rounders.
              Where have you seen anyone besides Suggs as a 1st rounder for next year?

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                Where have you seen anyone besides Suggs as a 1st rounder for next year?
                Not next year. Eventually.

Comment

• IowaSERE
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  Not next year. Eventually.
                  Where have you seen anyone besides Suggs as a 1st rounder eventually?

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                    Where have you seen anyone besides Suggs as a 1st rounder eventually?
                    The obvious is right here. Jazz mentioned it.
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Zerogame
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Oct 2007

The new video on Twitter with Kispert and Ayayi is remarkable because Joey is not that skinny kid from a couple seasons ago. He looks solid.
                      "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

This video reminded me of this thread which leads me to conclude: no matter how good Aaron Cook is, Suggs will start. Maybe Few will go small ball for major stretches:

My goodness! Is it possible ZagNation is sleeping on just how friggin awesome Suggs is gonna be. I don’t care if this is just a highlight reel, dude became most athletic PG in Zags history the moment he stepped on campus. All due respect to Pargo.
                        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• MDABE80
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Deadpanning here: I think Suggs can create his own shot.......

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                            This video reminded me of this thread which leads me to conclude: no matter how good Aaron Cook is, Suggs will start. Maybe Few will go small ball for major stretches:

My goodness! Is it possible ZagNation is sleeping on just how friggin awesome Suggs is gonna be. I don’t care if this is just a highlight reel, dude became most athletic PG in Zags history the moment he stepped on campus. All due respect to Pargo.
                            That's saying quite a bit...I was at the Gonzaga-Oklahoma game in OKC. Pargo and Blake Griffin really put on a show that night. That was a tough one to lose, though it was a great game.

Let's not put too much on the young man's shoulders. I know he can handle it, but let's be patient with him.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                              That's saying quite a bit...I was at the Gonzaga-Oklahoma game in OKC. Pargo and Blake Griffin really put on a show that night. That was a tough one to lose, though it was a great game.

Let's not put too much on the young man's shoulders. I know he can handle it, but let's be patient with him.
                              I hear ya TZF but in light of most recent scheduling news (Auburn then one of TxTech or Houston) Few ain’t being patient with this team or anyone on it. It is go time in Zagville right out of the gate.

I’m being a bit hyperbolic, still, and agree we need to remember Suggs is just a frosh...but Few sure likes his team judging from how aggressively Zags are scheduling.
                              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                                I hear ya TZF but in light of most recent scheduling news (Auburn then one of TxTech or Houston) Few ain’t being patient with this team or anyone on it. It is go time in Zagville right out of the gate.

I’m being a bit hyperbolic, still, and agree we need to remember Suggs is just a frosh...but Few sure likes his team judging from how aggressively Zags are scheduling.
                                The short expiration date on Suggs is a motivation to schedule super hard this year. It will we a wonderful ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X