• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • former1dog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagLawGrad
    FYI----I do effect real change. I'm just not a weak whiner like you apparently are, or politically correct. Enter the OCC at your own risk. You missed that one. And if someone really listened to you, it was a real disservice. And childish by you to the extreme.

Name calling? Cmon dude. Take a couple deep breaths.

if you'd like to have an adult conversation, let me know. We can exchange contact info and I'll give you a call.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
      Name calling? Cmon dude. Take a couple deep breaths.

if you'd like to have an adult conversation, let me know. We can exchange contact info and I'll give you a call.
      Thanks for the offer. But we wouldn't have anything in common. I don't offend easily by opinions, perhaps not at all, but apparently you do. Saw little to no comments by you on any topic in the OCC. So reading opinions offends you. Sad. Don't fear shadows and hype all of your life. Conversation is good. Whether you agree with or not. Good luck.
      "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• former1dog
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagLawGrad View Post
        Thanks for the offer. But we wouldn't have anything in common. I don't offend easily, perhaps not at all, and you apparently do. Don't fear shadows and hype all of your in your life. Conversation is good. Whether you agree with or not. Good luck.
        Ok, just so we're clear you're not willing to have a real and likely polite conversation about our differences of opinion and stand behind that opinion like a grown adult. You would rather call names and cast insults anonymously?

Im guessing you have let your passions get the better of you, because it's hard for me to believe that's the character of a fellow Gonzaga grad.

The offers open my friend. I am offering the other cheek.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2008

Ok, just so we're clear you're not willing to have a real and likely polite conversation about our differences of opinion and stand behind that opinion like a grown adult. You would rather call names and cast insults anonymously?

Im guessing you have let your passions get the better of you, because it's hard for me to believe that's the character of a fellow Gonzaga grad.

The offers open my friend. I am offering the other cheek.
          And to think we could have had this conversation on the OCC. Irony. SMH

Comment

• Bing
            Kennel Club Material
            • Feb 2007

Saw little to no comments by you on any topic in the OCC. .
            Shows somebody was late to the party.

And this is the first time I've ever seen RW go after RW. Never happened in the OCC.
            gobroncsgozags: "Have a great day in the podunk, crap hole known as Roslyn."

Comment

• former1dog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

And to think we could have had this conversation on the OCC. Irony. SMH

The point is we are not having a conversation. We are having a cyber shouting match. Which is what the OCC was. Trust me, I know I helped to start the forum three boards before this one was ever founded. I'm a slow learner, but what I finally did learn in 15 years of the OCC was its not brave, gallant or noble to be an internet tough guy.

If you don't have the courage to sign your name to a post, then you probably shouldn't be posting it.

The offer is still open.

Your friend,

Rob Boulds
              Gonzaga Grad 1992

Comment

• sittingon50
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                I heard this was the place to come for free tacos?
                Me too JP. My ribs are starting to show already!!
                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2008

...If you don't have the courage to sign your name to a post, then you probably shouldn't be posting it....
                  Then let's nuke the GU Boards. That is your logic.

Weak. Mindedness. Over written words. In a forum you never had to enter or read.

So have the last word if you must.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                    I heard this was the place to come for free tacos?

Comment

• RenoZag
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                      So the Spokesman is the host and they pulled the plug?
                      This board is hosted under the auspices of the S-R:

They pay for it; they can pull the plug on it entirely if they choose to.

Bill Rieger, GU 1979
                      Sparks, NV
                      Last edited by RenoZag; 07-21-2016, 07:11 AM.
                      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• DADoZAG
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2009

The point is we are not having a conversation. We are having a cyber shouting match. Which is what the OCC was. Trust me, I know I helped to start the forum three boards before this one was ever founded. I'm a slow learner, but what I finally did learn in 15 years of the OCC was its not brave, gallant or noble to be an internet tough guy.

If you don't have the courage to sign your name to a post, then you probably shouldn't be posting it.

The offer is still open.

Your friend,

Rob Boulds
                        Gonzaga Grad 1992
                        I'm in Rob.

Thanx,
                        JJ Johnson
                        Spokane Valley
                        Go ZAGS!

Only watching the ball, misses at least 80% of the game.

Comment

• former1dog
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Then let's nuke the GU Boards. That is your logic.

Weak. Mindedness. Over written words. In a forum you never had to enter or read.

So have the last work if you must.

Thanks, I think I will have the last "word".

As a law grad, I would suspect you're aware of the logical fallacy reductio ad absurdum and his cousin the straw man, which you've engaged in your "rebuttal" to make the point that some how I'm weak minded if I don't agree with your premise.

My opinion, and it was just that, was that GU Boards would be a better place with out the OCC. My logic behind the opinion was that it was coarsening the debate and not enhancing the dialogue. It is my opinion that this coarsening of the debate where individuals don't have to take responsibility for their words has lead to a polarization, not just in the OCC, but in our culture in general.

Anecdotally, there were unfortunately some real world consequences to this coarse dialogue. Individuals were being harassed and threatened over disagreements in the OCC. At the end of the day, I suspect that this was the real reason the plug got pulled as this type of behavior could have legal consequences for the host of the site, although I must say I don't have any direct information about that. Perhaps this crossed your mind?

I would hope so considering your anonymous handle.

Offer is still open.

Comment

• willandi
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                            Me too JP. My ribs are starting to show already!!
                            You got ribs? I just got tacos!
                            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• sonuvazag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

I suggest everyone who is cool go to the Foo. You know who you are.
                              Agent provocateur

Comment

• webspinnre
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

I'm sorry to hear that it had to go, but it's hard for me to complain about something I pay nothing at all for disappearing. I did just come across one nice bit of political humor, my favorite thread in the OCC. Hopefully it's okay to share here:

CLEVELAND, OH—While much of the media’s attention has been focused on Melania Trump’s apparent plagiarism of Michelle Obama in her Republican National Convention speech, a savvy blogger pointed out Wednesday that Donald Trump clearly seems to have stolen much of a campaign speech he delivered in late June from Emperor Palpatine of Star Wars fame, without attributing the quotes to the late Dark Lord of the Sith.

The blogger posted a video comparing some of Donald Trump’s speeches side-by-side with several monologues given by Palpatine throughout the Star Wars franchise, and top political commentators are calling the evidence “fairly damning.”

“The hate is swelling in you now,” Trump’s declared in the speech in Manchester, NH. “Use it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourselves more my servants. It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. Use your aggressive feelings. Let the hate flow through you!”

“Be careful of the liberals. Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any other country!” he bellowed to thunderous applause.

Though Trump—or his speechwriter—copied Palpatine almost verbatim, conservative commentators are calling the incident a non-issue, citing many instances of borrowed phrases throughout political history. However, nearly all were in agreement that it was inappropriate for Trump to have quoted from the Star Wars prequels.
                                CLEVELAND, OH—While much of the media’s attention has been focused on Melania Trump’s apparent plagiarism of Michelle Obama in her Republican National Convention speech, a savvy blogger pointed out Wednesday that Donald Trump clearly seems to have stolen much of a campaign speech he delivered in late June from Emperor Palpatine of Star Wars fame, without attributing the quotes to the late Dark Lord of the Sith.

-Everett B
                                Class of 06
                                Napa, CA

edit: There are several people that I never would have known without GU Boards, and it has been a great blessing getting the opportunity to occasionally meet some of them in real life, regardless of our agreements or disagreements on the OCC.
                                I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

Working...
                                X