• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPtheBeasta
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
    Dave Winfield was one heck of a baseball player...and he hated Seagulls
    Rats of the air. Or is that pigeons? Maybe it can be both. I had only seen Winfield later in his career and didn't know that he was such an athlete. I respect any baseball player because hitting a MLB pitching has to be one of the hardest things to do, in my opinion. Although, getting a shot off against an NBA'er is equally impossible for me.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
      Rats of the air. Or is that pigeons? Maybe it can be both. I had only seen Winfield later in his career and didn't know that he was such an athlete. I respect any baseball player because hitting a MLB pitching has to be one of the hardest things to do, in my opinion. Although, getting a shot off against an NBA'er is equally impossible for me.
      Beast, you'd have a hard time getting a shot off against the pigeon

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
        Beast, you'd have a hard time getting a shot off against the pigeon
        Doomed by short arms, slow release, and very little elevation on my jump shot. I might have more luck flapping my arms to fly.

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          Nothing about Suggs AT ALL.
          That’s my point. Your post comes right after Caldwell saying every time he checks this thread it’s either negative or off topic.

If Suggs does what I think he will, the topic of conversation will turn to “is he the greatest Zag of all time?”

Let’s bridge the gap from now until then with hype and hope. He’s worthy of it more than any recruit we’ve ever had.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
            That’s my point. Your post comes right after Caldwell saying every time he checks this thread it’s either negative or off topic.

If Suggs does what I think he will, the topic of conversation will turn to “is he the greatest Zag of all time?”

Let’s bridge the gap from now until then with hype and hope. He’s worthy of it more than any recruit we’ve ever had.
            Again, no connection intended. I am a Yanks fan and live in SD, and always liked Winny. Cept when he was mugging with Musselman. I share your excitement on Suggsy and, not to be too negative, no way now he plays in Australia or China any time soon. Let's hope he -- and all others -- play here soon. And that he will join the Minny pantheon of great sports stars.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I thought this was a Suggs tread. I have no use for Winfield or any of his Min. teammates that attacked Witte and ruined what was looking like a very promising career. I want to hear about Suggs, not a bunch of thugs from Minnesota,from 40 years ago.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
                I thought this was a Suggs tread. I have no use for Winfield or any of his Min. teammates that attacked Witte and ruined what was looking like a very promising career. I want to hear about Suggs, not a bunch of thugs from Minnesota,from 40 years ago.
                Can’t argue with that. And OSU’s Allan Hornyak, too. Despicable act for which Muss never truly atoned.

Comment

• 23dpg
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Back to Suggs.

Again, my prediction that I will back up with a wager.

1. There will be a season next year.
                  2. Suggs will be on the roster.
                  3. Suggs will be a starter.

Oh, and one more thing about all that other noise on this thread......Suggs.
                  Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                    Back to Suggs.

Again, my prediction that I will back up with a wager.

1. There will be a season next year.
                    2. Suggs will be on the roster.
                    3. Suggs will be a starter.

Oh, and one more thing about all that other noise on this thread......Suggs.
                    I agree with you on all counts Dog

Comment

• LTownZag
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                      None IMO. This issue will be resolved by summer
                      A potential not yet mentioned:

No 20-21 NCAA season (or some kind of limited season w/o fans) but a strictly monitored and tested China has pro league w/games.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by LTownZag View Post
                        A potential not yet mentioned:

No 20-21 NCAA season (or some kind of limited season w/o fans) but a strictly monitored and tested China has pro league w/games.
                        I cant believe the doomsday predictors......
                        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Zagdawg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

High School Basketball Star Jalen Suggs (Part 1) On Building A Legacy At Minnehaha Academy And Lessons He Learned From An Agonizing State Championship Defeat

"In our conversation with Minnehaha Academy guard Jalen Suggs, we discuss the impact his parents had on his sports journey, his pride in helping to elevate his school into the national spotlight, and the lessons he learned after an agonizing defeat in a state championship game.

Winning Is Not Everything is a podcast aimed at bringing sanity back to youth sports with conversations with blue-chip athletes and coaches."

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                            I cant believe the doomsday predictors......
                            Even I won’t go this far.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Jackson Frank
                              @jackfrank_jjf
                              ·
                              52m
                              Just spoke with Larry Suggs, Jalen Suggs' father.

Here's what he said about Jalen possibly playing overseas next year:

"As far as going overseas, I mean, that makes it hard, man. You know what I'm saying. Just keeping it real. We really took a hard look at it but it'd be hard to do any type of business meetings with the virus that has hit all over the world. That part has slowed down. For the most part, he's all ready to be a Zag."

Comment

• Kiddwell
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Someone crank up the GU Fight Song!

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                                Jackson Frank
                                @jackfrank_jjf
                                ·
                                52m
                                Just spoke with Larry Suggs, Jalen Suggs' father.

Here's what he said about Jalen possibly playing overseas next year:

"As far as going overseas, I mean, that makes it hard, man. You know what I'm saying. Just keeping it real. We really took a hard look at it but it'd be hard to do any type of business meetings with the virus that has hit all over the world. That part has slowed down. For the most part, he's all ready to be a Zag."

https://twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf/st...82776034476034
                                Music to Kiddwell's ears.

:]
                                Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

Working...
                                X