X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheOtherGreatOne
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I have a feeling, no fact just a feeling that Ballo is going to be much better than most people think. With all that size, athletic talent, and already having some offensive skills, and a nose for rebounding, all he needs is someone to get him the ball in the right spot. He is going to be a load. With 2 senior guards I am sure that they can get him the ball at the right time better than his Mali teammates. This will make him not look not as raw as some tend to think he looks. With him and Tillie on the boards, Timme with all those post moves, and whatever Watson brings, we should be set up front. We also have shooters on the wings in Kispert Gilder, and hopefully Rivert, and slashers in the guy from North Texas, and hopefully Ayaye. On paper we should be a load for anyone we play. We have all this and I forgot all about Petroshev, who has more offensive skills than all the other guys. Man I hope there are enough minutes to go around without hurting team chemistry. Just my opinion, what you other guys think ?

Comment

• scrooner
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I think GU should stock up on extra backboards.

Comment

• hooter73
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2008

Fouls and (hopefully not) playing in the system will be all that holds him back for a year or so.

Comment

• Goshzagit
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
          I have a feeling, no fact just a feeling that Ballo is going to be much better than most people think. With all that size, athletic talent, and already having some offensive skills, and a nose for rebounding, all he needs is someone to get him the ball in the right spot. He is going to be a load. With 2 senior guards I am sure that they can get him the ball at the right time better than his Mali teammates. This will make him not look not as raw as some tend to think he looks. With him and Tillie on the boards, Timme with all those post moves, and whatever Watson brings, we should be set up front. We also have shooters on the wings in Kispert Gilder, and hopefully Rivert, and slashers in the guy from North Texas, and hopefully Ayaye. On paper we should be a load for anyone we play. We have all this and I forgot all about Petroshev, who has more offensive skills than all the other guys. Man I hope there are enough minutes to go around without hurting team chemistry. Just my opinion, what you other guys think ?
          A lot of mouths to feed. And keep full.

With most having NBA aspirations early as possible.

Different times/era.

Will be tough to keep all happy as all have said the expect to play, and make an impact

Only interview I've seen with realistic expectations is Ravet, everyone else wants to be the next big thing.

Good problem to have yet will still be a problem to solve.

Comment

• Bogozags
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
            I've said this before...Ballo is going to be the best post player when it is all said and done...all the physical traits and just needs to work to maximize his God given gifts...just stay healthy!

Comment

• GonzaGAW
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2012

- I have heard/read both that ballo is and is not eligible for the nba draft after his sophomore year.
              - after his sophomore year and about a month before the nba draft he is going to be 18 yrs and 11 months old. can an 18 yr old be eligible for the draft?

- if someone is in the know on this point and can sight nba rules, I'd appreciate it.
              - I'm greedy and want to know how many years I can enjoy this young man in a zag uniform, 2 or 3 years?

Comment

• LTownZag
                Banned
                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by GonzaGAW View Post
                - I have heard/read both that ballo is and is not eligible for the nba draft after his sophomore year.
                - after his sophomore year and about a month before the nba draft he is going to be 18 yrs and 11 months old. can an 18 yr old be eligible for the draft?

- if someone is in the know on this point and can sight nba rules, I'd appreciate it.
                - I'm greedy and want to know how many years I can enjoy this young man in a zag uniform, 2 or 3 years?
                You must have completed 1 yr of college (or I guess overseas pro) and you must be 19 at some point during the calendar year of the draft. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elig..._the_NBA_draft

I believe Ballo just turned 17. Next summer (2020) he will turn 18. The summer after that (2021) he will turn 19 and be draft eligible, (18yrs old during summertime and on draft day, 19 during fall 2021as part of the calendar year).

So I think 2 yr minimum is it.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                  Zag for Life
                  • Aug 2012

- thx ltown
                  - what you explain makes sense, issue essentially turns on fact ballo will be 19 in that calendar year, while not 19 at the time of the draft.
                  - okay, we would all have liked 3 yrs, but can still get excited about 2 years.

Comment

• soccerdud
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jul 2009

if anyone wanted to see more ballo (and honestly, who doesn't?), i found this in a link from smc boards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSWjvyG70rI.

it's ballo's NBA academy team vs an american prep school. apparently smc has been linked with vescovi (mentioned on this forum previously). anyway, the video is extended full-game highlights (and therefore doesn't revolve around a single player/team), but ballo shows up a lot, particularly in the 2nd half.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by soccerdud View Post
                      if anyone wanted to see more ballo (and honestly, who doesn't?), i found this in a link from smc boards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSWjvyG70rI.

it's ballo's NBA academy team vs an american prep school. apparently smc has been linked with vescovi (mentioned on this forum previously). anyway, the video is extended full-game highlights (and therefore doesn't revolve around a single player/team), but ballo shows up a lot, particularly in the 2nd half.
                      Thanks. Ballo, Vescovi, and #10 all looked pretty good on the academy team, especially in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Mantua
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

I’m excited to see his rim protection and curious about how fast he can the length of the court in a GU gam

A couple of those blocks in the NBA Academy game looked like lightning strikes.
                        Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• raise the zag
                          Zag for Life
                          • May 2011

Originally posted by soccerdud View Post

Just as he showed at FIBA, Ballo is a very solid passer out of the post, vs double teams, & when the play isnt there; however, Ballo so big he should sometimes attempt this shots under the hoop to draw the foul, put pressure on their bigs.

Also, has a really nice, natural touch, and excellent finisher. He has numerous and-1's at FIBA given his ability to put the ball in the hoop at weird angles or through contact.

Needs to work on his speed and conditioning yet so do 99.9% of young bigs.

He upside is through the clouds.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Release the Beast We are ready for Ballo.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Steven Karr
                              @SKarrG0
                              ·
                              1h
                              Corey Kispert: "Oumar Ballo is a mountain of a man."

Comment

• LTownZag
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                                Steven Karr
                                @SKarrG0
                                ·
                                1h
                                Corey Kispert: "Oumar Ballo is a mountain of a man."
                                Who's barely old enough to see R movies in theaters!

Seriously, even if they lied about his age by a year (common in baseball) he'd still be at the very young end for college freshmen. Assuming his given DOB is accurate, he'd be a very young 12th grader in high school.

Comment

Working...
                                X