X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CB4
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2009

Sad to see you go LIZF. I haven't been posting as much but if I've ever been one to fan the flames here or be part of the problem rather than the solution then I apologize to you and others on this board.

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for everything you've done for the forum. I will especially miss the prediction thread. You did such a fantastic on that, and went way overboard to make it so awesome. I'm sure it was the most popular thread. If you do move on I'd like to wish you all the best. You deserve it. Thanks for helping make this a quality forum.

Go Zags!!!
      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• GoZags
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
        Covid has ruined this board and sports. People mentally aren't as happy. People have way more stress and anxiety. People are shorter then normal with each other.

Covid has struck hard.
        Disagree.

Elements were bringing this board down loooooooong before Covid19 hit. There was a brief respite when the OCC went away, but that didn't last long at all. At least that's my opinion.
        sigpic
        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
        ——-
        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• zagbeliever
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
          I would love to say it was a hard decision, but after the last year or so, and especially the last few months, it wasn't. As soon as it can be made effective I will no longer be a moderator, or much of anything else on this board. I will still post in the Foo... and honestly that will be about it. The veiled politics and negativity of this board has made it unreadable and unmanageable. Some folks on this board that will be more than happy to see me go... believe me... the vitriol one poster has sent me in PMs makes it quite clear. I will also note that Reno, Caldwell, and Hoopaholic have all done the same for variations of the same reasons in the last weeks and days. I cannot attest to whether they have intentions of posting going forward. To those that feel you had the right to run roughshod over the board... I guess you won in some sorts. Sadly, 90% of the posters that were here for over a decade and had great and interesting posts have all left. Best of luck... you may need it.

But I do part with a loving and heartfelt Go Zags! It may be the only thing that we all agree on.
          I for one will miss you. I rarely check in any more because I don't need negativity in my life right now (husband had a stroke but all is good, thank God) I'm focusing on positive...what little positive there is these days...but I did enjoy your input. Best to you. Go ZAGS!

Comment

• zagbeliever
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by daskim View Post
            Although I recently joined these boards, I have monitored it for the last 12 years.

While it has been contentious in the past, the last six months or so, have been remarkedly more acrimonious than I've ever seen it.

FWIW, I've moderated at a professional site for nearly fifteen years with over 123,000 members. It is a professional video site with 350,000 threads and three million posts over many years.

I would gauge that the mods there would not allow 90% of the acrimonious, personal, and unacceptable posts that appear here. Suspensions would be routine, and permanent bans implemented with strike three.

We do require actual names to enable posting, which acts as a pretty good disincentive for bad manners.

That being said, 1% of the members cause 99% of the issues.

I joined because of the participation of CaldwellZag, and sorry to see him, and others, exit now.
            This...

Comment

• Radbooks
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2007

Thanks, LIZF, for all that you have done to make the board a great place to visit. I totally understand your decision to move on. I'll probably follow... it's not much fun here anymore and hasn't been for quite awhile.
              “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                Disagree.

Elements were bringing this board down loooooooong before Covid19 hit. There was a brief respite when the OCC went away, but that didn't last long at all. At least that's my opinion.
                COVID surely didn't help but the holdover ill will from OOC board continued and continued and so on. Bringing topics to basketball was an example of horrible judgement. Just more alienation. Then came the politics....and truthfully, OOC was partially reborn (again). Core to this whole Board was and should be basketball.

Comment

• zag buddy
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2007

I don't know why people have such a tough time communicating. Just follow the following before posting. 1 is it true 2 is it kind 3 is it necessary.

Comment

• Reborn
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

At least a couple of things help me in times of adversity here on the forum. I have a tendency to accept that others have the right to their opinions, even when they might hurt my feelings. 2nd...I have always liked that line in the Bible where Jesus says, "unless you are like children you shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven." One thing about kids is that they forgive (or is it forget) quickly. They can have a fight with a good friend one day and not even remember it the next. I try to be like that. Honestly, I seem to forget pretty easily.

One more thing, there will always be a lot of diversity of opinions on this forum. We need to accept that, and accept that it's healthy. The main problem is like I said earlier, the sometimes cruelty or abusiveness by some is pretty hard to take.

Go Zags!!!
                    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• willandi
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by zag buddy View Post
                      I don't know why people have such a tough time communicating. Just follow the following before posting. 1 is it true 2 is it kind 3 is it necessary.
                      A good maxim for real life as well, but the definition of true varies between people as does the definition of necessary.

Two outa three ain't good.
                      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Finally got started on Pappy's book. Sensational read from a true American hero. Besides the chapter on Felicia, I was most interested as to how he made it to Battalion Sergeant Major so quickly.

Best wishes to you and your family, GZ.

LIZF, best wishes to you, and thanks for all of your hard work. Send me a text every now and then, keep me apprised on the progress of your brewery. I have quite a few nephews and a son that would benefit from a gift of really good beer for Christmas...those turkeys drink nothing but bleeping Bud Light. They forced me into being an old SOB, where I had to lay down the law: at family dinners, I'll buy the first round, but they're on their own after that. Damned if I'm going to shell out $6-7 for all if they're drinking bleeping Bud Light.

Comment

• bigblahla
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                          I would love to say it was a hard decision, but after the last year or so, and especially the last few months, it wasn't. As soon as it can be made effective I will no longer be a moderator, or much of anything else on this board. I will still post in the Foo... and honestly that will be about it. The veiled politics and negativity of this board has made it unreadable and unmanageable. Some folks on this board that will be more than happy to see me go... believe me... the vitriol one poster has sent me in PMs makes it quite clear. I will also note that Reno, Caldwell, and Hoopaholic have all done the same for variations of the same reasons in the last weeks and days. I cannot attest to whether they have intentions of posting going forward. To those that feel you had the right to run roughshod over the board... I guess you won in some sorts. Sadly, 90% of the posters that were here for over a decade and had great and interesting posts have all left. Best of luck... you may need it.

But I do part with a loving and heartfelt Go Zags! It may be the only thing that we all agree on.
                          LIZF,

I want to say Thank you, over a decade ago you and NJZ straightened out my azz and showed me what this board should be... It's tough to not unload on certain posters for the opinion they post here, many of which seem illogical and not well thought out, more like knee jerk emotional responses, but you taught me well... I truly appreciate what you have given to this board and will miss your input... be safe LIZF, there's a virus out there and it seems to have caught on here as well... God Bless you and yours... Blah

Go!! Zags!!!
                          "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• gu03alum
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

LIZF - I'm sorry you have had to put up with so much garbage. It will be sad to not see your basketball opinions anymore. Hopefully you will pop into the FOO though for some post game desserts.
                            Bring back the OCC

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                              Finally got started on Pappy's book. Sensational read from a true American hero. Besides the chapter on Felicia, I was most interested as to how he made it to Battalion Sergeant Major so quickly.

Best wishes to you and your family, GZ.

LIZF, best wishes to you, and thanks for all of your hard work. Send me a text every now and then, keep me apprised on the progress of your brewery. I have quite a few nephews and a son that would benefit from a gift of really good beer for Christmas...those turkeys drink nothing but bleeping Bud Light. They forced me into being an old SOB, where I had to lay down the law: at family dinners, I'll buy the first round, but they're on their own after that. Damned if I'm going to shell out $6-7 for all if they're drinking bleeping Bud Light.
                              I hope that you can get at least a Shiner Bock in them once and a while.

When I moved to AZ I felt like they had everything you could want, as long as it was Bud Light, Coors Light, or Miller Light. There are some options down here if you look for them. The wine isn’t too bad either, if you know where to look.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                                I hope that you can get at least a Shiner Bock in them once and a while.

When I moved to AZ I felt like they had everything you could want, as long as it was Bud Light, Coors Light, or Miller Light. There are some options down here if you look for them. The wine isn’t too bad either, if you know where to look.
                                When the brewery is open, we'll have to look into sending care packages out to the Southwest.
                                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                                X