X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeninsulaDog
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

NBC reporting Killian will play in tonight's game: https://news.yahoo.com/killian-tilli...184547380.html

Comment

• kitzbuel
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by PeninsulaDog View Post
      NBC reporting Killian will play in tonight's game: https://news.yahoo.com/killian-tilli...184547380.html
      “If he feels good after shootaround [he’ll play]” Few said to Rothstein: “That is the plan.”
      No FSU repeats!
      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• gonstu
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I'll take even a less than 100% Tillie. I trust the coaching staff to make the right call on whether tonight or big dance is best time to bring him back. Glad for him to get the chance to test it out.

Comment

• PeninsulaDog
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

Makes me nervous as hell, but like you I trust the coaching and medical staffs know what they're doing. I am guessing he's been running in simulated game conditions and they're pretty confident that he's not going to exacerbate his injury.

Comment

• gueastcoast
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Makes me nervous as hell, but like you I trust the coaching and medical staffs know what they're doing. I am guessing he's been running in simulated game conditions and they're pretty confident that he's not going to exacerbate his injury.
            Agreed. We are a minimum ten days away from our first NCAA game, and if the staff thought that more rest would be beneficial to his healing process or that the risk tonight is too great, he won't play.
            Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• Zagceo
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2013

strange shoe support.

Comment

• CDC84
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Part of me couldn't understand why Few didn't play Tillie more. Especially because he was hitting threes so effectively. He and Clarke were really the only effective players on the floor offensively. Then again, Few is looking at the larger picture. He's not wanting to push it with Killian. The NCAA tournament is ultimately what matters.

Comment

• Goshzagit
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                  Part of me couldn't understand why Few didn't play Tillie more. Especially because he was hitting threes so effectively. He and Clarke were really the only effective players on the floor offensively. Then again, Few is looking at the larger picture. He's not wanting to push it with Killian. The NCAA tournament is ultimately what matters.
                  Agreed on both accounts, especially the latter.

Killian was being picked on in the post when he played. Overall, I thought he handled it brilliantly, yet he was being pushed & pounded -- again and again. I think Few was concerned with it after awhile. Didn't want to push it, and the picture above captures what he was dealing with...

Its really the only explanation for his 4 mins in 2nd half.

Tillie was on, and making plays on offense. I think Coach Few realized the physical desperation being employed by SMC and wanted Killian to stay physically safe.

That said, possibly one of Coach Few's worst in-game adjustment game of his career. Simply can't recall a time we sat back and literally did....nothing. Essentially, we just let them run offense, control the game, and win the Championship.

Comment

• CB4
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                    Terrible. I don't mean to be a jerk, but is he not paying attention when he's tying his shoes? The right shoe is dangerously loose. Look at the left shoe, too, you can see space between the tongue and his ankle. Perhaps this is his preference. I'm no expert, but he's not supporting his ankles at all. He would be better off playing with no shoes. The Saint Mary's player knows how to tie his shoes, but he needs shorter laces.

This is like a college kid coming home for Christmas break with a terrible cold because he's wearing a t-shirt instead of a winter jacket.

Comment

Working...
                    X