• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartruff1
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
    Exactly

With elite training, PT, nutritionists, and doctors, he could get to whatever "perfect" weight he needed for what he wanted to do. And as much as I love the NFL and football, why anyone with a real future in basketball would trade it for a 5-8 year (at most) career in football for maybe 66% of the money, possible head injuries, versus a 6-10 year career in the NBA (relatively conservative) for more money and less chance of devastating injury, well that's not a decision I would make.
    You obviously have no idea who RC Owens was and what a long and successful NFL career he had after college basketball or that after retirement he invented a very popular soft drink...

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
      You obviously have no idea who RC Owens was and what a long and successful NFL career he had after college basketball or that after retirement he invented a very popular soft drink...
      But he was before they wore helmets.
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• GU69
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

You obviously have no idea who RC Owens was and what a long and successful NFL career he had after college basketball ...
        His college roommate was better.

Comment

• soccerdud
          Zag for Life
          • Jul 2009

he caught the original "alley-oop", too-- which is a fun connection with clarke.

Comment

• bartruff1
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by soccerdud View Post
            he caught the original "alley-oop", too-- which is a fun connection with clarke.
            That is what I was getting at.....I was not suggest he should play professional football.....the similarities were remarkable....who knows ?... Brodie played professional golf and Mike gave professional baseball it shot...Bo did it....

Comment

• CB4
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2009

It's pretty easy to gain weight in the pros. Sure, there are nutritionists and trainers. But the sheer amount of food prepared and laid out for players before and after games, practices, trips, etc. also helps.

Comment

• DZ
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

You are correct, I have no idea.

But it sounds like it was long enough ago that having two jobs was relatively important. Today, not as much. At least not if one of those jobs is as a valued NBA contributor.
                Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                Mark Twain.

Comment

• bartruff1
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                  You are correct, I have no idea.

But it sounds like it was long enough ago that having two jobs was relatively important. Today, not as much. At least not if one of those jobs is as a valued NBA contributor.
                  You know I was just teasing you.....in short....RC was Elgin Baylor's teammate and roommate at College of Idaho and with the Buchan Bakers …...can you even imagine being two giant black boys in Idaho in the late 50's ???

Anyway he was a great leaper and went on to have a NFL career that was based upon SF quarterback Y.A. Title throwing a very high pass into the end zone and RC out jumping everyone to catch it....the famous " Alley Oop "...….he didn't invent a cola and I am not a serious person.....but you knew that....bart

Comment

Working...
                  X