Banned
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Gonzaga Guru Retweeted

PrepScouting (NCAA)

@highmajorscoop
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Filip Petrusev gives you a little flash of former Gonzaga Bulldogs hooper Zach Collins. Long/Fluid/Hybrid. Moves well. Serbian with feet!
    Wow, many of us, jazz specifically would be ecstatic if the two are comparable. I wonder how tall Petrusev will measure out at when he sets foot on campus.

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
      Wow, many of us, jazz specifically would be ecstatic if the two are comparable. I wonder how tall Petrusev will measure out at when he sets foot on campus.
      5'10" barefooted, 6'10" in shoes.
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• sittingon50
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
        5'10" barefooted, 6'10" in shoes.
        No way, will!!

They'll get him better shoes than that!
        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• bdmiller7
          Zag for Life
          • Jun 2017

I do find it funny that one of the best college basketball coaches in the country thought Foster was good enough to offer a scholarship and the professional talent evaluators at ESPN think he's the number 105 player in the 2018 class but so many people who have never seen him play in person know he's no good. It may not be attacking his character but saying future Zags players will never amount to anything before they set foot on campus is a little discouraging. I will give him and Few a couple of years before I pass judgement.

Comment

• Zagdawg
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Montverde Basketball Retweeted

Joe L. Hughes II

@JoeLHughesII
            4m4 minutes ago
            More
            HALF - @MVABasketball 32, @LuHiBasketball 21 ... Filip Petrusev's 11 points help stake Montverde to an 11-point halftime lead. Filip Kupsas of LuHi leads all scorers with 12. @BBCbasketball #beachballclassic

Comment

• Zagdawg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Montverde Basketball

@MVABasketball
              13s14 seconds ago
              More Montverde Basketball Retweeted Chris Parks
              In the @BBCbasketball FINAL, MVA defeats LI Lutheran (NY): 70-42.

RJ Barrett: 27 pts, 10 rebs, 7 asts
              Makhi Mitchell: 14 pts, 11 rebs, 4 blks
              Filip Petrusev: 13 pts, 2 blks
              Mike Devoe: 11 pts, 4 asts

Comment

• CDC84
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Anyone see any updates on Jordan Brown? Any Donny Daniels sightings at any of his games??

I'm would imagine there will be one when GU plays at USF next month.

I don't see how you can beat that Montverde team, and yet Maxpreps has them as 3rd ranked in the nation.

Comment

• Bogozags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

Is Luka Samanic still a player we are recruiting or is he the one going pro?

Comment

• Worthington
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Aug 2011

I watched a couple of Monteverde's games from their latest tournament and came away very impressed with Petrusev. He's better than I thought when he originally signed. The Zach Collins comparison really isn't that far off. Collins probably has an inch or two on Petrusev and is a bit better of an athlete, but they are similar players. One thing Petrusev does much better than Collins is pass the ball. Not the same kind of scorer that Collins is at this point though. It was clear from the games that I saw that he was thinking the game at a higher level than the bigs that he was squaring off against. Absolutely a Mark Few kind of player. Personally, I think there's a pretty good chance he won't be a four year player and I predict he will continue to climb the 2018 recruiting rankings throughout the season.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Ranked #1 here

This ranking also has them #1.

"With that it mind, Montverde Academy (Montverde, Fla.) rolled to tournament titles at the Iolani Classic in Hawaii and the Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach, S.C. to remain unbeaten and retain the No. 1 ranking its held in the FAB 50 National Team Rankings powered by Ballislife.com since the preseason. The Eagles have steamrolled some quality teams, as evidenced by their final two wins in South Carolina. Fast-rising DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.) shot over 50 percent from 3-point range and Kevin Boyle’s club still won 76-66 in the semifinals before taking apart a pretty good Long Island Lutheran (Glen Head, N.Y.) team (70-42) that came into the championship game ranked No. 25. There is a long way to go and plenty of landmines coming up, but should this club re-gain some of the depth it has lost to nagging injuries, this team could very well challenge the 2012-13 edition as Boyle’s finest Montverde Academy team."

We ring in the New Year with our third edition of the FAB 50 National Team Rankings powered by…

Also #1 here....

Montverde Academy (FL), Oak Hill Academy (VA), and University School (FL) each have an intriguing case to be the new No. 1 team.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Greg Foster Jr., one of two members of Gonzaga’s 2018 class, was off to a great start in his senior season until he caught the flu. Brock Ravet, one of GU’s two 2019 commitments, can relate. The junior guard, several of his teammates and Tim Ravet, Brock’s dad and coach at Kittitas High, caught the nasty bug that tends to linger for a couple of weeks, according to Tim Ravet.

Comment

• ZagNative
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Thanks, Zagdawg, and thanks Mr. Meehan! Good stuff!

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2007

Uh.......Gonzaga has one open scholarship for 2018.

Melson and JWIII are the only seniors and Foster and Petrusev have their schollies. What am I missing?

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                              • Mar 2008

Melson and JWIII are the only seniors and Foster and Petrusev have their schollies. What am I missing?
                              Watson and other guard 2019
                              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• ZagzKrak
                                Professional Zag Fan
                                • Apr 2016

The same one we have being unused this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X