• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radbooks
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Except this isn't about race. It's about country of origen. We can close the border to any country or it's citzens. Suremes ruled in Trump's favor after the Dems raised so much hell over the Arabs. I don't think many would argue about shutting down access from China or their students.........not anymore. As far as I can tell Trump closed the borders in late January to the Chinese specifically due to the COVID epidemic.

Our kids who come to play ball do not come from China. We'll be fine.
    Wow... just wow. It wasn't an ARAB ban, it was a ban on people from Muslim countries... at least some of them since for some reason people from Saudi Arabia could still come in.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• kitzbuel
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Radbooks View Post
      Wow... just wow. It wasn't an ARAB ban, it was a ban on people from Muslim countries... at least some of them since for some reason people from Saudi Arabia could still come in.
      Correct. A country is allowed to set their own rules and conditions for allowing foreign nationals into the country, but once they are allowed into the country under those conditions, that country need an legal justification (the foreign national must violate the conditions under which that person was allowed in) to expel them. Two entirely different scenarios.
      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I dunno about that Kitz. IF the fopreign becomes a citizen .yes. Other wise they can be sent to their country of origen....no fuss no muss.

Comment

• DukeSilver
          Kennel Club Material
          • Nov 2013

This is more about China and Chinese students. Hostile countries who train here and then go home with our technology and who knows whatever else they take with them, will be locked out. It's not about our guys.......our kids should be fine, Thane needs to get some information before he tweets. And no, it's not unethical to close the border selectively. I do think the Supremes ruled on that this past year. China, being the source of this pandemic already knows the borders in the US are closed to them since February. Our students from foreign lands should be fine.
          Using the misdeeds of the Chinese government to paint all Chinese students as spies of some sort, rather than simply people who are pursuing higher education and opportunity, is ugly and flat-out ignorant. Full stop. Shouldn’t be tolerated on this board, or anywhere else.

Comment

• MDABE80
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
            Correct. A country is allowed to set their own rules and conditions for allowing foreign nationals into the country, but once they are allowed into the country under those conditions, that country need an legal justification (the foreign national must violate the conditions under which that person was allowed in) to expel them. Two entirely different scenarios.
            https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/26/u..............and he also did with China who sent us the gift of COVID. I quoted a flamin liberal site so the libs on the board would be happy.

And this...https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39044403

I took me all of 5 minutes to prove my point. Do your own work...It helps you to confirm the point made.

Again, read the first para of the second link. It's very clear the supremes allow the President ( not just this one) to ban travel from other countries .ie the country itself.

Duke...it's not the BOARD who makes these decisions. Members of the board only quote the opinions. And it's been true that China has stolen important secrets on top of the CLOVID gift.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DukeSilver View Post
              Using the misdeeds of the Chinese government to paint all Chinese students as spies of some sort, rather than simply people who are pursuing higher education and opportunity, is ugly and flat-out ignorant. Full stop. Shouldn’t be tolerated on this board, or anywhere else.
              Thank you DukeSilver and ZN for your efforts to introduce some decency to these posts suggesting Trump’s plan to force schools to open is all just a.o.k. One wonders what such posters would say if Gonzaga currently had a superstar international player from China on the roster: “tough luck kid, you’re out of here cause you come from the wrong country.”

Trump and his supporters recklessly pushed states to reopen prematurely and we are now seeing the results of that poor decision which is ultimately undermining our country’s ability to get out in front of this virus and stop the spread. Repeating the same mistake with forcing schools to reopen prematurely is insanity not leadership. Look at how Europe and pretty much every other country in the world save Brazil are doing a better job protecting their citizenry than we are. Good grief
              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• caduceus
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Except this isn't about race. It's about country of origen. We can close the border to any country or it's citzens. Suremes ruled in Trump's favor after the Dems raised so much hell over the Arabs.
                Of course they did. I hope you realize that a huge portion of ARABS are Christian, just like you. Half of Lebanon (the Paris of the Middle East). Big percentage of Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, North Africa, and even Israel. Not to mention the expats all over the world that aren't counted because they left due to persecution.

Do you even know what defines an Arab? I'll give you a hint...it's merely language. Speak Arabic? You're an Arab (NOT politics, religion, culture, or any other thing). I've visited many of these countries. You seem to not be aware of this fact. Arab is not a race. It's a collection of societies that only speak the same language. Hello, Eritrea. Learn something about the world outside of your Spokane bubble. You should know then that Iranians are NOT in any way Arabs, because they speak Farsi, not Arabic. The more you know.

Eat some hummus. Mediterranean diets are good for you.

Comment

• TexasZag
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Nov 2009

the Times is a resource for far left libs and often wrong. deliberately wrong. . It's been said several times China is no longer welcome here. More so since they apparently dropped the gift of COVID on the US.. Why would you think Trump cares
                  So even this board has plunged to the seedy depths of partisan BS? Far left libs? (FYI, “far left” should be hyphenated.) China (i.e., Chinese) are no longer welcome here? WTF? And I don’t care that you have over 12,00 posts and are a “Zag for Life”. That’s just plain ugliness. Oh, and while some international students do stick around, do find their way back home after earning an education abroad. That’s not an exclusively Chinese phenomenon.

Comment

• caduceus
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

Comment

• sittingon50
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
                      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• MDABE80
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZag View Post
                        So even this board has plunged to the seedy depths of partisan BS? Far left libs? (FYI, “far left” should be hyphenated.) China (i.e., Chinese) are no longer welcome here? WTF? And I don’t care that you have over 12,00 posts and are a “Zag for Life”. That’s just plain ugliness. Oh, and while some international students do stick around, do find their way back home after earning an education abroad. That’s not an exclusively Chinese phenomenon.
                        I think you misunderstood. When I referenced "here", it was the country due to COVID.. Everyone is welcome on the Board. Sorry Iwasn't clearer.

Comment

• MDABE80
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DukeSilver View Post
                          Duke reread. It's the policy of the administration. It's not my policy. I just commented on it.

Comment

• MDABE80
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Of course they did. I hope you realize that a huge portion of ARABS are Christian, just like you. Half of Lebanon (the Paris of the Middle East). Big percentage of Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, North Africa, and even Israel. Not to mention the expats all over the world that aren't counted because they left due to persecution.

Do you even know what defines an Arab? I'll give you a hint...it's merely language. Speak Arabic? You're an Arab (NOT politics, religion, culture, or any other thing). I've visited many of these countries. You seem to not be aware of this fact. Arab is not a race. It's a collection of societies that only speak the same language. Hello, Eritrea. Learn something about the world outside of your Spokane bubble. You should know then that Iranians are NOT in any way Arabs, because they speak Farsi, not Arabic. The more you know.

Eat some hummus. Mediterranean diets are good for you.
                            Cad you don't think I know what Arab means? I am one. and Christian (catholic). I got it down. I think I understand,

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Seems to me that the geniuses at the Ivy League schools should adopt Gonzaga’s plan. Notice that the ICE restrictions apply to schools that are going entirely online. Why anyone would pay $50K for totally online instruction is baffling to me.

Just as Isoroku Yamamoto took the knowledge he acquired from Harvard back to his home country, so will many of these Chinese students, to do harm to the United States. There has been a concerted effort by the Chinese to acquire our technology for decades. These students come from the elite of China, and have grown up in a completely Communist world. Please consider that when you excoriate others on this board who are not as “woke” or enlightened as you.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Cad you don't think I know what Arab means? I am one. and Christian (catholic). I got it down. I think I understand,
                                Forget it, Abe, they’re on a roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X