• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IMADEYOUREADTHIS
    Kennel Club Material
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    In a weird (but necessary) stroke of stupidity, I (formerly GA) requested LZIF to delete forever the GA account.

That was like, 10 years ago or so I think.

I do wish I still had that profile-created date + the post count.
    Originally posted by UberZagFan View Post
    There was a time when it was all about post count! Padding to the walls!
    The padding was insane…

Irish and Rub were pretty prolific

Comment

• Zaggin' it
      Bulldog Fan
      • Sep 2009

Ran across this from about a month ago. Sorry if I missed this news elsewhere on the site...I saw some people were asking.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zaggin' it View Post
        Ran across this from about a month ago. Sorry if I missed this news elsewhere on the site...I saw some people were asking.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=31202406
        God bless and godspeed ZaGranny... RIP
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• gu03alum
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Thank you for sharing that. She will be greatly missed.
          Bring back the OCC

Comment

• kitzbuel
            • Feb 2007

I definitely thank you for posting this. She was a fixture here and at Zag games. She always had to make sure any visiting forum member made a trip to her seat. I remember meeting up with her at half time of a game several years ago. She was easy to find with her bright red Zags sweatshirt and her pigtails!
            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• 23dpg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Condolences for her friends and family.
              I’ve occasionally wondered how often this happens to posters who stop posting.
              Concerned about a few others.
              Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Eroop22
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2009

This makes me really sad. Years ago I posted that I was going to be at a game. She sent me a pm to meet her at her seat. I didn't see it until after the game. I missed my chance to meet her in person. She was often a voice of reason on the board. I also enjoyed pictures of her log cabin remodel and her road trip posts. She will be missed.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eroop22 View Post
                  This makes me really sad. Years ago I posted that I was going to be at a game. She sent me a pm to meet her at her seat. I didn't see it until after the game. I missed my chance to meet her in person. She was often a voice of reason on the board. I also enjoyed pictures of her log cabin remodel and her road trip posts. She will be missed.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                  Met up with her twice. Sweetest lady on the planet. Sad to hear and will definitely be missed. She was a calming presence on the board.
                  "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• RenoZag
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                    Met up with her twice. Sweetest lady on the planet. Sad to hear and will definitely be missed. She was a calming presence on the board.
                    Shared one of those meet-ups with you at the WCC tourney. We met for breakfast. Wonderful person. Full of optimism. May she RIP.
                    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• mee755
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Ugh. I’m at a loss for words. I always hope that if someone is missing they will return or be found again. It’s a true loss for GUBoards. May she Rest In Peace and giggle at all our Foo-ness for eternity.
                      ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

Comment

• gu03alum
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I saw her at a pregame event for a battle in seattle. I thought about going up and saying hi to her, but felt weird saying hi this is gu03alum from the boards. I regretted not saying hi at the time and I really regret it now.
                        Bring back the OCC

Comment

• JLGutrocks
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Hello Everyone. It's been a while.
                          “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Comment

• IMADEYOUREADTHIS
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Apr 2017

Terribly sad news about ZagGranny.

She was definitely the grandmother of the board, especially at its height of fun and engagement.

Those that know Nate better than I, please keep this thread updated with any info you have. I’m very concerned and am praying for him fervently.

Welcome back JL!

Comment

• kitzbuel
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JLGutrocks View Post
                              Hello Everyone. It's been a while.
                              Hey! It’s been a minute. Welcome back.
                              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• caduceus
                                Zag for Life
                                • Mar 2007

Add me to the list. My posts are thanked and allowed by one mod, and then deleted by another. There's no sense in continuing. Not wasting my time at the keyboard any longer when all factual exposition is summarily deleted without any explanation. I said I was done if this continues. My covid posts have been only to inform, to keep my friends here safe, and to hopefully save a life or two. I've done that for nearly two years now. Apparently that's too much for some. The heroes of the pandemic are now the shunned because so many can't handle reality. I'm done. I know of multiple board members who are now dead, recovering, or slowly dying in intensive care due to this pandemic. It's tragic, but apparently this is not the place to talk about our own members' suffering. Good luck everybody, here's my exit.

This is my last post. I feel sorry for those that are a casualty of their beliefs. To my detractors, please continue advocating against the vaccines, masking, or other interventions, and please do practice what you preach. And lick a few doorknobs while you're at it. It's all a hoax, so you'll be fiiiiiine! The armchair analysts will be undoubtedly happy I'm not around anymore.

This will probably get deleted too.

Thanks for all the memories, and thanks to all the good friends I've encountered over the years here.

=cad=

Comment

Working...
                                X