X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

Floor for WCC tourney

Was watching the SCU/Portland game last night on BYU station. Couple of observations... 1) Commericals on that station are really lame. 2) When watching... the light grey/dark grey/black floor has a really cool look to it. Although, I gotta say, it is somewhat uncomfortable to watch as it seems like the floor is on a B&W TV while everthing else is in color. But it still is a pretty cool look.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death
  • bdmiller7
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2017

I did not like it. I find it distracting and hard to watch. Looks like an elementary playground.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
      I did not like it. I find it distracting and hard to watch. Looks like an elementary playground.
      I can see that too. It definitely can be distracting.
      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• TexasZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
        I can see that too. It definitely can be distracting.
        I don't like distracting floors, takes away the enjoyment from just watching the game. Then again, I yell at kids to stay off my lawn.

ETA: Allow to revise and extend my remarks...the floor's not that bad, except at half court. I just hope the logo has a non-slip surface.

Comment

• Birddog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I didn’t hate it but it wasn’t exactly my thing either. It reminded me of the color of old time sweats.

Watching in SD was terrible too.
          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• kitzbuel
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
            Was watching the SCU/Portland game last night on BYU station. Couple of observations... 1) Commericals on that station are really lame. 2) When watching... the light grey/dark grey/black floor has a really cool look to it. Although, I gotta say, it is somewhat uncomfortable to watch as it seems like the floor is on a B&W TV while everthing else is in color. But it still is a pretty cool look.
            I’m not sure if I’m watching basketball or Tron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• tummydoc
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2013

Not a fan...at least on television. Maybe better in person, I'll know tomorrow.

Comment

• CB4
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2009

No one will look at that floor in 10-20 years and think it was a good idea. It will look dated and part of a trend that is rarely pulled off well.

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

I haven't watched a game on this floor yet, but I know that I can't stand the Oregon one, and if it is as busy as the Oregon one, it will make it really hard to watch.

I love the NCAA ones. You know you're playing in the tournament.
                  Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

• CB4
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                    I haven't watched a game on this floor yet, but I know that I can't stand the Oregon one, and if it is as busy as the Oregon one, it will make it really hard to watch.

I love the NCAA ones. You know you're playing in the tournament.
                    The MWC has a wonderful take on the Oregon floor style. The WCC is a poor man's version of the Memphis floor with a giant logo in the middle.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                      I’m not sure if I’m watching basketball or Tron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      This explains the new BYU uniforms (I think that this guy is Seljaas. It’s hard to tell because of the helmet):

Comment

• tummydoc
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2013

Kafusi, but he hasn't aged well.

Comment

• RenoZag
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
                          Not a fan...at least on television. Maybe better in person, I'll know tomorrow.
                          Didn't seem crazy like SCU's or Oregon's. After while, I didn't really pay much attention to it.
                          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• sullyzag66
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                            I don't like distracting floors, takes away the enjoyment from just watching the game. Then again, I yell at kids to stay off my lawn.

ETA: Allow to revise and extend my remarks...the floor's not that bad, except at half court. I just hope the logo has a non-slip surface.
                            One of the announcers said the floor was owned by the WCC and there are no slippery decals on it. The logo is embedded in the floor.

Comment

• kdaleb
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

I'm betting this is the court we'll have for the next several seasons... hopefully we grow accustomed to it.

It did get easier for me to watch through the evening today... I found myself not even thinking about the court by halfway through the second game. Of course, the fact that I even needed to type the previous sentence says plenty.

Comment

Working...
                              X