• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

NBC/MSN Bracketology: No not have a seizure!!! lol

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...BBYX46RNBC/MSN Bracket.
    These so called experts are still trying to move Baylor to the top line and ahead of us in the rankings. It's worth arguing this,.... Is it the Power 5 that attracts these people or is it too that the WCC isn't thought highly of. Both likely. Never seen a no 1 team get treated this way when it keeps winning.
    We need to begin crushing opponents. Over all though, we do need to win and win big. These Power 5 teams will lose come February and surely in their own tournaments. It's a campaign I tell ya.!! One we can overcome.
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
    These so called experts are still trying to move Baylor to the top line and ahead of us in the rankings. It's worth arguing this,.... Is it the Power 5 that attracts these people or is it too that the WCC isn't thought highly of. Both likely. Never seen a no 1 team get treated this way when it keeps winning.
    We need to begin crushing opponents. Over all though, we do need to win and win big. These Power 5 teams will lose come February and surely in their own tournaments. It's a campaign I tell ya.!! One we can overcome.
    Agree totally. It’s a p.r. campaign and it matters. Zags could slip slide to a 2 seed w/o even losing a game if the in their back pocket media have their way. Just listen to the likes of Doovich, Bile-as, Chopper Jay and Three Faced Greenberg. Few’s comment that it doesn’t matter is just spin.

Comment

• Bogozags
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2008

Guys I am probably one of the few if not the only one that believes that Baylor SHOULD be ranked ahead of us...they have more Q1 wins and only loss came in the first game of the season to a RANKED UW team...we lost at the time to an unranked UM team.

I also don’t believe that these rankings will have any bearing on the seed we get...be it a #1 or #2 seed it is still in Spokane...

However, I agree with you two and Hoop that there is tremendous East Coast BIAS but when the committee meets IMO, IF we don’t lose any more games, we will be on the top line of the brackets...

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

My link worked when i posted. Jazz or Bogo. Did it work for you?

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Nope. I just take your word as gospel on everything......

Comment

• Zagger
            Banned
            • Mar 2008

Zags play a higher ranked team this week, BYU, than Baylor plays. For the Dookies ..... Clemson currently leads Dook 31-26.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

It’s probably a bit like the stock market, where it’s not a measure of objective value per se but as a measure of the perceived value (these two should be very close at any given time). While the “consumer confidence” of poll rankings doesn’t affect the end result, I think it likely has a big influence on the popularity contest that is college basketball recruiting.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                It’s probably a bit like the stock market, where it’s not a measure of objective value per se but as a measure of the perceived value (these two should be very close at any given time). While the “consumer confidence” of poll rankings doesn’t affect the end result, I think it likely has a big influence on the popularity contest that is college basketball recruiting.
                You nailed it.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                  • Feb 2007

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• MDABE80
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Good job LIZ. It such disrespect to our Zags! At least ESPN Joey keeps us as a 1 seed in Spokane.

Comment

• MDABE80
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Duke goes down tonight. What will the writers say!! And when Baylor goes down! What then?? Bound to happen.

Comment

• Bogozags
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2008

No...

Comment

• gonstu
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Duke goes down tonight. What will the writers say!! And when Baylor goes down! What then?? Bound to happen.
                          Then the narrative can switch to Auburn should leapfrog the zags. No shortage of power-league teams.

Comment

• GeorgiaZagFan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2007

At this point the Zags best wins have become somewhat diminished....what looked like very good wins against UNC, Washington, Arizona, Oregon are losing their value as those teams struggle. And outside of SMC and BYU there are no other opponents to raise the Zags resume....
                            It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GeorgiaZagFan View Post
                              At this point the Zags best wins have become somewhat diminished....what looked like very good wins against UNC, Washington, Arizona, Oregon are losing their value as those teams struggle. And outside of SMC and BYU there are no other opponents to raise the Zags resume....
                              Somewhat diminished? Heck, of the 4 marquee games we won, 3 have dropped like flies. At least last year, our mantra was "we beat Duke." There is no overriding theme to contest the naysayers east of the Mississippi River.

Comment

Working...
                              X