Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Jalen Suggs

Congrats on earning another award!

Allen Iverson Roundball Classic
    @iversonclassic
    ·
    5h
    The 2020 #IversonClassicAwards winner for The People’s Choice Award is Jalen Suggs! Trophy Earned without a doubt!
  • gonstu
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Congrats Jalen - how about wCC newcomer of the year next year? And maybe some on the bigger stage?

Comment

• zagfan08
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Nice to have a thread about him.

Comment

• Malastein
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gonstu View Post
        Congrats Jalen - how about wCC newcomer of the year next year? And maybe some on the bigger stage?
        I’m hoping he gets WCC Player of the Year!!!
        The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.

Comment

• jsnider
          Kennel Club
          • Apr 2020

I can't wait to see Suggs play next year. He looks really great from what I have seen. I am saying the 3 guys in question will all come back. Fingers crossed. With Suggs at PG, Ayayi at SG, Kispert on the wing, Watson at the SF, and Petrusev at PF/C along with Timme, Cook, Harris, Strawther, Ballo, Arlo, and pavel all in the rotation - this team can be promised land special. We have some unfinished from 2017 and this just might be the team to do it. Suggs and the rest of the team are that good. I just hope they can do it in front of their fan base. The Kennel should rock 'n' roll under normal circumstances. Go Zags!!!
          Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• jsnider
            Kennel Club
            • Apr 2020

One more thing. Sean Farnham from ESPN said that the BYU fans, when they played and beat us during our last game with them, was the LOUDEST he has ever heard any fan base in all of the games he has covered. With Jalen Suggs and the rest of the team leading the way in 2020 - 2021, let's return the favor to Mark Pope and the BYU team. Go Zags!!!!
            Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jsnider View Post
              I can't wait to see Suggs play next year. He looks really great from what I have seen. I am saying the 3 guys in question will all come back. Fingers crossed. With Suggs at PG, Ayayi at SG, Kispert on the wing, Watson at the SF, and Petrusev at PF/C along with Timme, Cook, Harris, Strawther, Ballo, Arlo, and pavel all in the rotation - this team can be promised land special. We have some unfinished from 2017 and this just might be the team to do it. Suggs and the rest of the team are that good. I just hope they can do it in front of their fan base. The Kennel should rock 'n' roll under normal circumstances. Go Zags!!!
              So true. Team scrimmages would be more competitive than 80% of WCC schedule.

PG: Suggs / Cook
              SG: Ayayi / Harris
              SF: Kispert / Strawther / Arlauskas
              PF: Watson / Timme
              C: Petrusev / Ballo / Zakharov
              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• zagfan08
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Meanwhile, Daishen Nix is off to the G league. Guess we recruited the right guy.

Comment

• jsnider
                  Kennel Club
                  • Apr 2020

How concerned should we be that Suggs does the same thing? His father has been pushing hard for him to go pro. Holding my breath. What do you guys think? Nix never indicated the pro option was something he was looking at but Suggs had.
                  Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

How concerned should we be that Suggs does the same thing? His father has been pushing hard for him to go pro. Holding my breath. What do you guys think? Nix never indicated the pro option was something he was looking at but Suggs had.
                    So $300,000+ and a possibility of becoming a two way player, or playing for the Zags with the potential of becoming a lottery pick, if he is as good as he thinks he is.

Makes sense to...someone.
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• 23dpg
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Not sure if or how it affects Suggs. But I will not criticize a kid for taking 300K plus for one year.
                      If that’s not life changing money for you, your life is very good.
                      Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• JAGzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                        Not sure if or how it affects Suggs. But I will not criticize a kid for taking 300K plus for one year.
                        $300K after taxes, paying his agent, buying his new $100K care, and cost of living in cities like LA, is hardly life changing. Good for a kid with nothing? Sure.

Comment

• jsnider
                          Kennel Club
                          • Apr 2020

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                          So $300,000+ and a possibility of becoming a two way player, or playing for the Zags with the potential of becoming a lottery pick, if he is as good as he thinks he is.

Makes sense to...someone.
                          Isn't his father, Larry, holding firm not at $300,000 but more like $1 million? I think the G League has said that is not doable. I think some guys got as much as $500,000, not sure what Nix got, but nobody that I know of received what his father is asking for. It would seem for now that Suggs remains a Zag unless they decide to lower their demand by 50-70% which is still a nice number for an 18 year old.
                          Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• GuZag2012
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Jul 2012

Isn't his father, Larry, holding firm not at $300,000 but more like $1 million? I think the G League has said that is not doable. I think some guys got as much as $500,000, not sure what Nix got, but nobody that I know of received what his father is asking for. It would seem for now that Suggs remains a Zag unless they decide to lower their demand by 50-70% which is still a nice number for an 18 year old.
                            Yes most reports are they were looking for in the range of 1 million dollars to go pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gonzagit
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Nov 2017

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                              This is literally the dumbest financial decision these kids could make. If this kid drops a single slot in the draft by doing this, he will lose millions of dollar over just 2 years. Not to mention that he now has no marketability, and is giving the NBA a whole year to completely dissect him.

Comment

Working...
                              X