• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagger
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Rui News :)

On draft night, there is a decent possibility that the Bulls front office looks at their draft board and collectively decide that they can get a player with No. 7 pick value later in the first round. They could be inclined to feel this way more than in most years due to the 2019 draft class being such a toss up…

But Boylen did have a much heavier focus on generating points inside first, with the team ranking third in the league in points in the paint per game during his tenure. Rui Hachimura fits in extremely well with the idea of the Bulls punishing teams inside with low-post scoring depth, resulting in open looks on the perimeter.
    More at the link

Methinks Rui is going to be a sensational player for whatever team gets him. Hope Rui will soak up all the media attention with his awesome smile
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagger View Post
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bu...-rui-hachimura

More at the link

Methinks Rui is going to be a sensational player for whatever team gets him. Hope Rui will soak up all the media attention with his awesome smile
    Will no doubt have best smile on draft night. Electric.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
      Exhibit A:

Comment

• zagbeliever
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
        Exhibit A:

Rui is so great! My grandson met him and spoke Japanese to him at Blaze pizza (Ethan just got his degree in Japanese and in ESL and will be teaching in Japan this fall) Rui was shocked but so very nice and E said he is rather shy. He will be a star in many ways. ( He asked Ethan if he is from Japan so his Japanese must be pretty darned good.

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          True.

And we already have 100% evidence that Rui will be patient in learning the league.

I suspect he'll need it, as he's more raw than most our players - still - getting by still on elite athleticism more than anything. BUT, he's also a very fast learner, very capable of evolving and probably the highest upside of anyone we've had since Morrison/Sabonis.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagbeliever View Post
            Rui is so great! My grandson met him and spoke Japanese to him at Blaze pizza (Ethan just got his degree in Japanese and in ESL and will be teaching in Japan this fall) Rui was shocked but so very nice and E said he is rather shy. He will be a star in many ways. ( He asked Ethan if he is from Japan so his Japanese must be pretty darned good.
            I love hearing stories like that!

I met Elias Harris after the OK State game on NY Eve. We had a brief, but nice conversation in German. He was surprised as well. Getting pictures with many of the Zags is a favorite memory of mine. The pictures are in an album in my profile.

ETA: that young man next to Elias is now 6'1", and will be a senior in HS next year.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by zagbeliever View Post
              That is one impressive grandson you have.

Eastern languages are so hard to learn for us, characters totally different.

He will never have trouble finding great career.

You should be very proud.

At least as proud as Tex of his grandkids, which is wonderful.

Off season threads are just better IMO.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• zagbeliever
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                I love hearing stories like that!

I met Elias Harris after the OK State game on NY Eve. We had a brief, but nice conversation in German. He was surprised as well. Getting pictures with many of the Zags is a favorite memory of mine. The pictures are in an album in my profile.

ETA: that young man next to Elias is now 6'1", and will be a senior in HS next year.
                The players are so gracious about having their pictures taken and they REALLY are sincere when they say thank you to US. Love the Zag boys.

Comment

• zagbeliever
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Jan 2013

Thank you! I remember when he started foreign language in middle school trying to sway him to take Spanish but he was so determined to learn Japanese. Spokane has a “sister” school for Japanese students and he got involved the students there and soon was a T/A and very immersed with the students. He continued at Eastern. Long story short he was right and I was wrong. �� He spent time last summer there and was hired first interview! I have schooled him on our former Zags to watch for who play there ����
                  Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                  That is one impressive grandson you have.

Eastern languages are so hard to learn for us, characters totally different.

He will never have trouble finding great career.

You should be very proud.

At least as proud as Tex of his grandkids, which is wonderful.

Off season threads are just better IMO.

Comment

• Mantua
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2007

And for you all awaiting a fashion update, Rui posted a picture on his Instagram page of the August GQ Japan cover featuring Rui in Dolce Gabbana.

Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• sittingon50
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Rui Hachimura is an intriguing prospect, but there are reasons for the Indiana Pacers to be wary about taking him with the 18th pick in the NBA draft.
                      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• MDABE80
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

50 nothing like holding back how the author really feels! Lol

Comment

• kdaleb
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                          I think a lot of the authors critiques of Rui are pretty spot on. I think the piece he's missing in all of his critiques is Rui's amazing growth to date. He's really only played two years at an elite level, and as we can attest, his growth in all areas of his game has been phenomenal. I agree that his defense as is won't be good enough for the NBA. And he definitely missed passing opportunities. But I think he has more growth and development potential even than most one-and-done players - he just hasn't spent that much time learning basketball yet.

Comment

• willandi
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by kdaleb View Post
                            I think a lot of the authors critiques of Rui are pretty spot on. I think the piece he's missing in all of his critiques is Rui's amazing growth to date. He's really only played two years at an elite level, and as we can attest, his growth in all areas of his game has been phenomenal. I agree that his defense as is won't be good enough for the NBA. And he definitely missed passing opportunities. But I think he has more growth and development potential even than most one-and-done players - he just hasn't spent that much time learning basketball yet.
                            I agree.

I wonder if the writer has only been writing for 2-3 years? Just to judge fairly. I think not.
                            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                              Those commenting certainly didn't hold back either!
                              They were unanimous in expressing their disdain for the analysis.

Comment

Working...
                              X