• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
    I missed Perk the moment he took to the bench last night.
    Geno got his bad game out of the way last night. He'll bounce back, important for him to be productive, to keep Josh fresh.

Comment

• former1dog
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CdAZagFan View Post
      I still think he is going to have one game where he is the offensive hero - maybe against Texas Tech? I thought it may be last night but he didn't take too many shots in the 2nd half. He's going to need to step up and start drilling some a bunch of outside shots at some point. That would be a great way for him to go out...
      You may be right. I think Perkins is certainly capable. The issue with that though is that I believe Perkins when he says he's all about the success of the team. I believe him 100%. It shows in the win - loss record he has accumulated.

Comment

• ZagOD7540
        Kennel Club
        • Jan 2016

That lob pass he threw to Clarke with around 1:20 left was ridiculous. It was like a QB hitting his WR where only he could catch it. I thought that pass was fantastic.

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
          That lob pass he threw to Clarke with around 1:20 left was ridiculous. It was like a QB hitting his WR where only he could catch it. I thought that pass was fantastic.
          Plus, having the head to recognize they weren't going to foul and milking away 25 precious seconds.

We had not been hitting FTs, that possession was huge. For him to realize they were going to let us have 25 seconds, take all of them and be in position to lob it in, was perfect match of head with play-making.

That play and Norvelle's 3, the two game changers IMO.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• demian
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
            So?

That added a great deal.

Perk was extremely mentally tough last night, which makes up for the mistakes that are inevitable when hounded like that by great athletes.

He also made the play that sealed the game, having the smarts to recognize that FSU was going to let a full precious 25 seconds get milked off the clock, then setting up the perfect lob pass to score at the rim to take it up 9 off all that time coming off.

He limited turnovers, and led with his cool attitude. We desperately felt his loss whenever any of the other guards had to do a lot of dribbling.

He also hit a clutch 3, and some clutch FTs to ice it.

Playing great basketball.
            I love that u point out “mistakes that are inevitable against great athletes.” I think that is a great point. We haven’t seen that kind of animal in many months, and yes those athletes are gonna cause a guy to make SOME mistakes for sure. He more than made up for it. As others stated his FT shooting down stretch showed his mental toughness. Plus one of those finishes by him on left side of rim over 7’4” was really a tough bucket late in crunch time

Comment

• former1dog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

One of the best, if not THE best, individual play I ever saw Perkins make was the steal and lay up at the end of the first half. First, to poke that ball hard and get it out to where he could get a running dribble towards the basket. Then to realize he was being chased and caught by a much bigger, shot blocking player. Then to adjust to that reality by driving into the defender chests, putting the shot blocker under the rim and then to extend out his right hand and make a scoop layup, having the strength to finish that play while getting fouled was a all a master class in how to do all the things I just described. So impressive!

Comment

• Zags11
                Banned
                • Mar 2008

Comment

• demian
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                  One of the best, if not THE best, individual play I ever saw Perkins make was the steal and lay up at the end of the first half. First, to poke that ball hard and get it out to where he could get a running dribble towards the basket. Then to realize he was being chased and caught by a much bigger, shot blocking player. Then to adjust to that reality by driving into the defender chests, putting the shot blocker under the rim and then to extend out his right hand and make a scoop layup, having the strength to finish that play while getting fouled was a all a master class in how to do all the things I just described. So impressive!
                  Very well said

Comment

Working...
                  X