• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caldwellzag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2018

Timme's Decision is Coming...

Here is the article.

Four-star big man Drew Timme is ready to make his college choice. The talented big man is set to decide on Signing Day.
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

Hope he chooses the Zags... but not getting my hopes too high.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• caldwellzag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
      Right with you. He visited Alabama this last weekend and Illinios this coming weekend, so when you look at school size of the rest of his visits we are the major outlier.

Comment

• strikenowhere
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2009

He'll be at 2nd fiddle programs to football with Alabama and Texas A&M.

Who knows what is going to happen to Arizona after the Adidas case is over?

The Illinois program is at least respectable.

Comment

• Bouldin4Prez
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Nov 2009

I'm not sure why, but I think he's picking Texas A&M. Hope it's the Zags though, obviously.

Comment

• cggonzaga
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
            I'm not sure why, but I think he's picking Texas A&M. Hope it's the Zags thought, obviously.
            Probably because 247 crystal ball has 5 of their 9 experts picking A&M.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
              Right with you. He visited Alabama this last weekend and Illinios this coming weekend, so when you look at school size of the rest of his visits we are the major outlier.
              Flipside to that is he'd be BMOC at GU, heck he'd be the talk of the entire city of Spokane.

Size of the school isn't what worries me as much as the draw of a local team.
              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

• Bouldin4Prez
                Kennel Club Alum
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
                Probably because 247 crystal ball has 5 of their 9 experts picking A&M.
                I didn't even look at that, my apologies.

Comment

• Zagnificent
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Nov 2010

Flipside to that is he'd be BMOC at GU, heck he'd be the talk of the entire city of Spokane.

Size of the school isn't what worries me as much as the draw of a local team.
                  Would he though? Next to Anton Watson and Arlauskas? Aren't they also Top-50 recruits?
                  GU Class of '10, MUSC Class of '14

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                    I've read the Illinois board several times and they think they have zero chance.

Comment

• bartruff1
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

I find it unseemly for some self absorbed high school kid to have a news conference to announce his choice of what college will be so fortunate as to have him play there ....

Comment

• caldwellzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                        I've read the Illinois board several times and they think they have zero chance.
                        From what I have been reading I think it's a 3 team race between A&M, Alabama, and GU. I personally believe that GU is probably a slight favorite simply because of his fit and getting him to the pros. I have no other reason to believe this and I am trying not to get my hopes up, so I tend to look at reasons why he would go elsewhere. I think this recruiting class will end up with Brock, Anton, Martynas, Drew, and Pavel, maybe the best recruiting class in school history.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                          I find it unseemly for some self absorbed high school kid to have a news conference to announce his choice of what college will be so fortunate as to have him play there ....
                          They literally all do this nowadays. Even lower level commits.

Comment

• Bouldin4Prez
                            Kennel Club Alum
                            • Nov 2009

Flip side: this kid has worked extremely hard throughout his life and now has the opportunity to play at the next level and is coveted by many top colleges. Now he wants to share this moment with family and friends as well as show his pride. I don't find anything wrong with it. He seemed to be a class act throughout the entire recruiting process.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                              • Feb 2007

I can see your point... but even my kid's HS had a signing days where athletes committed to schools ranging from D3 to D1 and local press has been invited in the past. JMHO... it promotes seeking higher education to others. In terms of kids like Timme and others, let us be honest here. People are waiting to hear their choice, sometimes a LOT of people are waiting to hear. Why not answer people's questions in a public setting? I don't think it is self absorbed but rather a means to an end to let people know your choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X