March Madness Media Thread (please post links here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    ·
    1h
    BREAKING: 6 top referees - including Ted Valentine, John Higgins and Roger Ayers - have been sent home from Indy due to one positive test and contact tracing, sources told
    @stadium
    . They went to dinner after hotel rooms not ready.

Comment

• gonstu
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Pepperdine is in the CBI. Based on the field, I'll be disappointed if they don't win the thing.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
        Jeff Goodman
        @GoodmanHoops
        ·
        1h
        BREAKING: 6 top referees - including Ted Valentine, John Higgins and Roger Ayers - have been sent home from Indy due to one positive test and contact tracing, sources told
        @stadium
        . They went to dinner after hotel rooms not ready.

https://watchstadium.com/six-ncaa-to...ls-03-15-2021/
        not sorry to see three of the more pompous ref's departing see ya sorry you could not comply with basic guidelines and rules...................
        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
          not sorry to see three of the more pompous ref's departing see ya sorry you could not comply with basic guidelines and rules...................
          Yeah, seriously. After these 18-22 year old college students spend the past 6+ months refraining from being college kids for the sake of having a season and a chance to play in this tournament these refs can’t follow the same basic protocols within a few hours of arriving so they could eat together? That’s piss poor. Hope the NCAA gets the message across to all the refs to not become the reason this whole thing could still be derailed. All it takes is some refs testing positive after games are underway. Infuriating
          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Hoopaholic
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
            Yeah, seriously. After these 18-22 year old college students spend the past 6+ months refraining from being college kids for the sake of having a season and a chance to play in this tournament these refs can’t follow the same basic protocols within a few hours of arriving so they could eat together? That’s piss poor. Hope the NCAA gets the message across to all the refs to not become the reason this whole thing could still be derailed. All it takes is some refs testing positive after games are underway. Infuriating
            All for a good steak. Shshhhhh
            The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Zagdawg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Hoping they are all ok--it mentions they have less Refs available than normal -- seems like they would have extra on hand (just in case).

Comment

• HenneZag
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gonstu View Post
                Pepperdine is in the CBI. Based on the field, I'll be disappointed if they don't win the thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_C...l_Invitational
                Pepperdine deserved an NIT invite over the Gaels imo. Much better team.
                America's Team!

Comment

• Zagdawg
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Getting to Indy: What Gonzaga, Eastern Washington fans should know about traveling to the Big Dance

Comment

• Unbiased
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                    They didn't get Covid that quickly. Someone got it long before going to dinner. From all reports, the incubation period is a minimum of two days after exposure.
                    Someone brought it to Indianapolis.

Comment

• ZagaZags
                      Banned
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
                      They didn't get Covid that quickly. Someone got it long before going to dinner. From all reports, the incubation period is a minimum of two days after exposure.
                      Someone brought it to Indianapolis.
                      Just a friendly reminder: The rules on the board here, tell us NOT to use the "C" word. Things go bad after that. Just a heads up.

Comment

• ZagaZags
                        Banned
                        • May 2010

I love this photo, makes me miss doing the "Zags Photo Thread"

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Agree w you 100% ZagaZags. This photo as a poster with one word under it would be fantastic: TEAM

Only thing that would make it more perfect is if Ayayi’s face was visible. Then again, Joel is the quintessential team first guy content to play his trade with quiet confidence and humility and no need to demand the spotlight, so maybe it’s perfect as is. .

I love this photo!!! Pure joy and togetherness. Actually my all time favorite Zags pic. Someone needs to find the photographer and see how to order customized print.

Edited to add: Ethan Miller/Getty Images
                          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• ZagaZags
                            Banned
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                            Agree w you 100% ZagaZags. This photo as a poster with one word under it would be fantastic: TEAM

Only thing that would make it more perfect is if Ayayi’s face was visible. Then again, Joel is the quintessential team first guy content to play his trade with quiet confidence and humility and no need to demand the spotlight, so maybe it’s perfect as is. .

I love this photo!!! Pure joy and togetherness. Actually my all time favorite Zags pic. Someone needs to find the photographer and see how to order customized print.

Edited to add: Ethan Miller/Getty Images
                            Yeah, only thing missing is Joel. I wonder where he was?

Comment

• tummydoc
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2013

Directly behind Drew with his arm up I think. Zoom in and you see his head and ear.

Comment

• Zag_Dad
                                Zag for Life
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
                                Directly behind Drew with his arm up I think. Zoom in and you see his head and ear.
                                A little off topic, but ... does anyone know what Ayayi has written on the wristband he wears during games? It looks like "OD" or something like that? Have been curious what the significance is.. I've noticed it a few times during games.

Comment

Working...
                                X