X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bballbeachbum
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2008

if he lands somewhere, where that is will matter seems to me. will he be playing opposite Steph Curry? believe that has helped Klay tremendously, since we're comparing Zach's game to Klay's.

agree with amaronizag in that Zach making it will depend in no small part on his ability to defend elite perimeter players, at least kind of defend them, unless he becomes Klay with his 3 point shot, too

Comment

• ZAG 4 LIFE
      Kennel Club
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by MileHigh View Post
      Those "we will take you if you are available" guarantees are pretty worthless, and any agent worth his salt knows that and communicates it to his client. A lot of players in both football and basketball have been sadly disappointed when the team that said "you are our guy" passes on them in the draft. It's a business and these kids often find out the hard way.

Zach has been given solid advice on what the worse case scenario is for him if he stays in the draft, what the best is, and what they think is most likely. Based on that info, he is staying in the draft. No guarantees involved at all.

Sometimes in life you just have to bet on yourself.
      Yes you do... well put MileHigh

Comment

• CB4
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2009

He has always bet on himself and he had good numbers this past year. I think it was the right move even though I didn't originally. Hopefully he goes to a team with a good development program and a history of promoting second round picks up from the G League. He'd be a great (and salary cap efficient) back up option off the bench for many teams.

Comment

• ZagDad84
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2014

Most of us agree that Zach should do what is best for Zach and we wish him the best of luck wherever he goes. He will always be a Zag and a member of the Zag family.

What I don't understand is the insistence by some posters that Zach "will not" or "could not" improve his draft position by staying another year. Outside of an injury, there are way to many variables involved to be making this kind of definitive statement.

Yes Zach, like all other players, is somewhat limited by his physical abilities, but to say that by spending another year at Gonzaga he definitively could not improve his on ball defense, improve his ball handling ability, show a greater tendency to take the ball to the hoop, or even improve his shooting percentages seem to be a bit shortsighted.

Not saying that he should stay another year at GU, or that it would be more beneficial (financial or otherwise) to spend another year at Gonzaga. Also not saying that he would not receive better coaching by going into the NBA, G-League or Europe than he would by staying at Gonzaga. Just saying that those who say he would not improve his draft position by staying another year, are, IMO, are providing a total disservice to the excellent coaching staff at Gonzaga and to Zach himself.

Zach most certainly would improve by staying another year at Gonzaga. Whether the amount of improvement would result in a better financial position, is up for debate.

ZagDad

Comment

• Vanzagger
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
            if he lands somewhere, where that is will matter seems to me. will he be playing opposite Steph Curry? believe that has helped Klay tremendously, since we're comparing Zach's game to Klay's.

agree with amaronizag in that Zach making it will depend in no small part on his ability to defend elite perimeter players, at least kind of defend them, unless he becomes Klay with his 3 point shot, too
            If you look at it, Steph became Steph when Draymond was added. So there is that
            Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Comment

• White lightning
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Vanzagger View Post
              I think Steph became Steph when his major ankle problems lessened. He was Steph in college well before Draymond was in his life. Norvell has the goods he just needs to put it together. He's one of my favorite players. No fear. Good luck to him and all the other Zags that move on!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Markburn1
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Vanzagger View Post
                If that wasn't Steph that torched the Zags, WHO WAS THAT MASKED MAN??!!??!

Comment

• webspinnre
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
                  If that wasn't Steph that torched the Zags, WHO WAS THAT MASKED MAN??!!??!
                  We have the somewhat dubious distinction of having been torched by both Steph and Draymond.
                  I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
                    We have the somewhat dubious distinction of having been torched by both Steph and Draymond.
                    Didn't Klay do it as well?
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• kyle dixon
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

Looney

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                      But Looney never got us I think the Zags beat his UCLA team twice that year.

Comment

• exclusivelee
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2013

Zags beat Durant in 2006, Klay 2 out of 3 times,

Comment

• bartruff1
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2010

A Gonzaga all opponent team would include many NBA greats......including some Hall of Fame Players like Elgin Baylor....

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                            I remember the game when Steven shut him down

PULLMAN – Klay Thompson floated to the right corner. Outside the 3-point line, just in front of the Gonzaga student section, the Washington State University sophomore waited patiently.

and interesting to note that Klay was told he needed to work on his handles back then. sound familiar?

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
                              I think Draymond bounced in a three that really cost us, but that memory is hazy.

Mr Gray had a really good game scoring in that Davidson game, if I recall.

Comment

• webspinnre
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                                I think Draymond bounced in a three that really cost us, but that memory is hazy.

Mr Gray had a really good game scoring in that Davidson game, if I recall.
                                He hung 34 on us:

Box score for the Michigan State Spartans vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs NCAAM game from December 10, 2011 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.
                                I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

Working...
                                X