• Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Congrats Rui and Clarke --NBA All Rookie team

Shams Charania
    @ShamsCharania
    · 56m
    2019-20 NBA All-Rookie teams:

First team: Ja Morant, Kendrick Nunn, Zion Williamson, Brandon Clarke, Eric Paschall

Second team: Coby White, Tyler Herro, Terence Davis II, PJ Washington, Rui Hachimura
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

And they lost to TT and coach hayseed how?

Comment

• Zagdawg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Your contributions are always appreciated.

Comment

• Zagdawg
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Brandon Clarke
        @brandonclarke23
        ·
        45m
        First team all rookie with my dawg. Thank you to everyone who supported me during this season!!! It is truly appreciated Blue heart Beginning and we headed up a long road.
        @memgrizz
        @ Memphis, Tennessee https://instagram.com/p/CFLR6orB6x2/...d=nvj5we5n1o04

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
          Your contributions are always appreciated.
          Problem?

Comment

• bigblahla
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Zebras without rule books... it was a mugging...

Go!! Zags!!
            "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

It's a long story... I'd tell it but I might start crying.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

I had the chance to see Brandon in Phoenix before the lockdown and I watched him off the ball a bunch. He had a very efficient game and scored in double digits, I think, and could have scored twice as many points. I think he has a lot of room to grow in that offense. There are some established guys on that team that got the ball more but were clearly worse.

Comment

• webspinnre
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Glad to see them both get the recognition they deserved. Rui had a very good year, Clarke had an extraordinary year. Both of them doing Gonzaga proud.
                  I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                    I had the chance to see Brandon in Phoenix before the lockdown and I watched him off the ball a bunch. He had a very efficient game and scored in double digits, I think, and could have scored twice as many points. I think he has a lot of room to grow in that offense. There are some established guys on that team that got the ball more but were clearly worse.
                    BC has enormous upside. Not sure Memphis is the place to realize it.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

BC has enormous upside. Not sure Memphis is the place to realize it.
                      It was frustrating to watch-- not nearly as bad as watching Domas get mismanaged by his previous team, but bad all the same. I do like the Morant connection and that could turn into something good; I've seen Twitter video of Morant just throwing the ball at the backboard, somewhere between a terrible shot and a terrible alley-oop, for Clark to clean up. They say it is by design and I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

• zagfan24
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2008

I’ve said it before, but the biggest recruiting factor for the Zags moving forward will be NBA success of their alum. That means a great deal to high level HS players. Congrats to Brandon and Rui. The Ringer recently had a feature on Clarke that highlighted what a great fit he is for today’s positionless NBA. It highlighted his versatility and intelligence, along with his incredible leap in development at GU.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                          It was frustrating to watch-- not nearly as bad as watching Domas get mismanaged by his previous team, but bad all the same. I do like the Morant connection and that could turn into something good; I've seen Twitter video of Morant just throwing the ball at the backboard, somewhere between a terrible shot and a terrible alley-oop, for Clark to clean up. They say it is by design and I wouldn't be surprised.
                          It’ll always be Jaj’s team and over time he may end up being a Westbrook type of ball hog to the detriment of teammates. Love to see BC at a mature contending team with an established pg.

Comment

• CDC84
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

And to think that Clarke only had one D1 scholarship coming out of high school. Hachimura was raw beyond belief and had to overcome language/cultural barriers.

Yeah, Petrusev's guy is right. The Gonzaga coaching staff doesn't develop players well.

Comment

• hockeyzag
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                              And to think that Clarke only had one D1 scholarship coming out of high school. Hachimura was raw beyond belief and had to overcome language/cultural barriers.

Yeah, Petrusev's guy is right. The Gonzaga coaching staff doesn't develop players well.
                              To be honest I don't think Petrusev or his agent believed that for a second. It was just a reason to give that they hoped would make Petrusev look less like a snake. Didn't work in my opinion.

I for one was glad to see him go. I was getting tired of his me-first mentality and his lack of effort on defense.

We're a much better team without him.
                              "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                              -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X