• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caldwellzag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    We’ve reached out. So have 25+ other schools.
    I think it's important to understand reaching out may be a simple call to see what his plan may be.

Comment

• guniverse
      Bulldog Fan
      • Feb 2007

I saw that Matt Haarms from Purdue entered the transfer portal. Id there any chance it could be him? Seems unlikely we were recruiting him before, but would be a nice addition to next years team.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Haarms is not a set out transfer. The grad transfer is supposed to be a guard. Haarms could play as soon as he got here, and his deffinately not a guard. He is an excellent player though. He if very mobile, and probably runs the floor better than any 7'er in the country, is extremly mobile and an excellent shot blocker. Purdue never ran their offense through him, but he was still productive. He also plays with that fire that not many 7'ers have. I love his game and would love to see him in a Zag uniform. He would be a big help to the team if he never scored a point, just by blocking and alternating shots alone. Not only is he 7'3'' he has long arms to boot, oh and guess what, he can shoot from the perimeter, but I dought Coach Few would want him shooting 3 poiners very often. There is probably not enough room for him in the front court next year, but someone will get a player that will help their program.

Comment

• zagfan08
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Was it always Aaron Cook? Seems like a sneaky contributor next year. Productive in the MVC as a junior, broke his hand as a senior but was averaging 15ppg in November. Seems like he was likely the top target all along in the backup PG spot.

Comment

• caldwellzag
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
            Was it always Aaron Cook? Seems like a sneaky contributor next year. Productive in the MVC as a junior, broke his hand as a senior but was averaging 15ppg in November. Seems like he was likely the top target all along in the backup PG spot.
            He was the guy. I have mentioned it to many people via PM and I think he is going to be a big time contributor, especially on defense.

Comment

• zagfan08
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I am very excited about him. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in some closing lineups given how well he should fit next to Suggs and not just backing him up.

Comment

• IowaSERE
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Oct 2008

I am very excited about him. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in some closing lineups given how well he should fit next to Suggs and not just backing him up.
                If he shoots ft's like he did as a freshman!

Comment

• caldwellzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                  His experience is going to be a huge factor as well!

Comment

• White lightning
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                    I think his numbers will be better at GU. With better talent and playing less minutes he won't have the pressure to run the offense for thirty minutes. It seemed as his minutes climbed his % dropped. I'm guessing fatigue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2007

His finishes are crafty as hell..

Comment

• 23dpg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I don’t think that name has popped up in this thread. Is he coming? I’m a tad confused

Edit to add:

Haha, and I found it. Great news
                        Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Jul 2019

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                          I don’t think that name has popped up in this thread. Is he coming? I’m a tad confused

Edit to add:

Haha, and I found it. Great news
                          Yes. But he is not the one Caldwell was referring to in his tweet hint about a top 25 commit will impact his decision

Comment

• 23dpg
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
                            Yes. But he is not the one Caldwell was referring to in his tweet hint about a top 25 commit will impact his decision
                            I know. He's left enough bread crumbs now for many to figure out who it is.
                            If he does come he'll likely be ineligible next year, which would be good for both the player and the team.
                            Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Bogozags
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                              I know. He's left enough bread crumbs now for many to figure out who it is.
                              If he does come he'll likely be ineligible next year, which would be good for both the player and the team.
                              Yes, a KO Clinic year will benefit both himself and the team...if Filip doesn't come back then we still have 4 bigs and Kispert has been known to play the PF when we go small ball...

BTW I'm not one that is good at puzzles so guess I'll have to wait until he gets on the Transfer Portal...if it is that young man from UT we need to work on his Free Throw shooting the moment he steps on campus...

Comment

• RenoZag
                                Super Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                                His experience is going to be a huge factor as well!
                                This.
                                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
                                X