Kennel Club not full - are these tickets for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheBunnieRancher
    Kennel Club Material
    • Oct 2007

I can count the number of games in the kennel I've been to on one hand. Sittingon50, you would have a much better handle on these things than me. I'm just reading tea leaves between twitter and email.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

You could just as well be right, Bunnie. Only a guess on my part.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• UberZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
        Disagree Bunnie. Saturday night + no election (which I know was a pretty big deal to some kids concerned about their future).

The exhibition game vs CWU (on a Thursday) was jammed.

Guess we'll know in about 29 hrs.
        Speaking to a sophomore who is a rabid bball fan and did attend the game---she said she went alone because all of her close friends/roommates stayed home to watch the election results. Anecdotal, but certainly one legit reason for low turnout. Agree, tomorrow will be a different tell. No excuses not to pack the house for a Sat 7:00 p.m. game.
        If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• Zagdawg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

My understanding is there was a change this year with the way the Kennel club issues the tickets -- from single games in the past to groups of games now-- maybe someone from the kennel club can explain the new distribution process.

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Kennel Club was out in force Sat. Nite & did a fine job.
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• zagmantis2001
              Kennel Club
              • Feb 2007

Kennel club

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
              Kennel Club was out in force Sat. Nite & did a fine job.
              Kennel club has not been full this year yet-first game was terrible. Last game more students but still not full.

Comment

• jbslicer
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagmantis2001 View Post
                Kennel club has not been full this year yet-first game was terrible. Last game more students but still not full.
                It was about 98% full.

Comment

• Rangerzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I have read here previously that the KClub at times looks to have empty seats at the top of the section because members are packed together tighter than normal in the lower more desirable spaces. If it looks like 98% I can easily see uneven distribution to be the reason.
                  "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
                  "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
                  I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• Zagger
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2008

Getting to go to Zags games is fun and we always eagerly look forward to each game - whether we go or not. When at the games we generally stand/cheer for everything the student section does - even if those around us may not. I don't find that all that disconcerting since everyone seems to be both enjoying the game and those who they came with or get to see there. For many season ticket holders they don't get to see the others near them until they go to games. Hence they tend to chat with them a lot and may not look very engaged with the game. Even when we go I record the game at home so I can watch what I've missed. Fans in seats often have sodas, assorted food, jackets/coats, etc. where getting up/down to cheer isn't as easy to do. I hate seeing empty seats at Zags games but sometimes they just happen. We actually got mixed up with those who we share tickets with and did not show up at the November 1 game for which we had tickets. I'm still kicking myself in the arse for that mistake! We had just gotten back a couple days before having been gone for most of October. I feel mainly bummed about it as we could have given the tickets to pals who would have gone if we didn't go. Being somewhat rabid fans on this forum it can also be hard to fathom why there are empty seats at home Zags games. However, I'm always surprised when I watch any college basketball games on TV at just how low attendance is for many teams. GU is fortunate that attendance is pretty darn high at home games. It would be cool if there was an easy and effective way to get seats filled for people who miss games they have tickets for. I suspect that is mostly pretty hard to do and especially on short notice. Besides sharing some season tickets with a season ticket holder we also do the Bulldog Club membership. Getting online 1-3 days before a game to try for tickets at 0900 can be tricky depending on where someone is (access to a computer or smartphone). As yet, I've not gotten an email from GU about any tickets available for the A&M game. I suspect that email will come on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm retired now but when I worked it wasn't all that easy to get online right at 0900 to get tickets. Only when the students are gone does ticket availability go up enough that one can get some online throughout the day that they are available. In rare circumstances a follow up email from GU comes the very next day that some tickets are still available.

Comment

• jpn17
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Dec 2011

When you are ranked the #3 team in the nation and you're playing Idaho State it is hard to generate excitement. I'm sorry but it is. If that means Gonzaga fans are "fair weathered" or "entitled" then so be it. But it's human nature. There's a reason that if Gonzaga plays down at Pacific before playing Saint Mary's people call it a trap game. The same principle applies here. I think people are way too hard on Gonzaga's fans honestly. I was at the game against Texas Southern and the atmosphere was great. Go watch Pacific play Pepperdine in front of 600 people and then see what you think.

Comment

• Robzagnut
                        Zag for Life
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by jpn17 View Post
                        When you are ranked the #3 team in the nation and you're playing Idaho State it is hard to generate excitement. I'm sorry but it is. If that means Gonzaga fans are "fair weathered" or "entitled" then so be it. But it's human nature. There's a reason that if Gonzaga plays down at Pacific before playing Saint Mary's people call it a trap game. The same principle applies here. I think people are way too hard on Gonzaga's fans honestly. I was at the game against Texas Southern and the atmosphere was great. Go watch Pacific play Pepperdine in front of 600 people and then see what you think.

This is about making the extra tickets available for those who don't ever get a chance to go to a game. Students and season ticket holders may not get excited for every game, but those who can't go surely will.

Comment

• zagbeliever
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Jan 2013

We were able to take our little grand daughter to the Idaho game and our seats were next to the KC. She cheered the whole game but at one point in the game while standing cheering she turned around and then said to me "Why aren't these people cheering?" The guy behind us said "You're cheering enough for all of us. " It was really funny but true. (I cheer, stand up, whatever regardless of where we are lucky enough to get seats. Love every minute of the games) BTW the cheer leaders all high fived our grand daughter on their way out at half time (we were in row 3 section 108) and invited her for pictures after the game. So cool. (section 107 next to us was completely empty)
                          Last edited by zagbeliever; 11-13-2018, 05:30 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

• zagmantis2001
                            Kennel Club
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jbslicer View Post
                            It was about 98% full.
                            Sorry I disagree. The band was moved from its usual place to the front of the box seats. That section was part of the student section. The section where the band used to sit was 100 percent non students. So either the administration downsized the student section or students didn’t bother to get tickets. Either way, bad sign.

Comment

Working...
                            X