• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marcus
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2013

Nembhard accepts Team Canada invite.

Andrew accepts invite and is the only amateur amongst the group. Would be very cool to make the team and play in the qualifying tournament in Victoria at the end of June, beginning of July.

Olynyk and Clarke also accepted invites but curious as to what happened with Pangos. Did he turn down the invite or was he not invited?
  • webspinnre
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I wouldn't be surprised if he turned it down given his current contract situation, heading into free agency with a possible shot at either returning to the NBA, or picking up a big contract there in Europe.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• Therunner
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
      I wouldn't be surprised if he turned it down given his current contract situation, heading into free agency with a possible shot at either returning to the NBA, or picking up a big contract there in Europe.
      Pangos is a terrific story. Earning nearly 2 million per year in Euro play these days. Thats considerably more than he'd earn stuck deep on an NBA bench with a 1 or maybe 2 yr contract.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Therunner View Post
        Pangos is a terrific story. Earning nearly 2 million per year in Euro play these days. Thats considerably more than he'd earn stuck deep on an NBA bench with a 1 or maybe 2 yr contract.
        The future Prime Minister....

Comment

• Kong-Kool-Aid
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2009

As a Canadian, I'm happy Nembhard was invited, but also sad it looks like we will be missing Gilgeous-Alexander, Murray and Brooks.

Comment

• ZagaZags
            Banned
            • May 2010

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Pangos would be a huge upgrade.

Comment

• ZagNative
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
                As a Canadian, I'm happy Nembhard was invited, but also sad it looks like we will be missing Gilgeous-Alexander, Murray and Brooks.
                Brooks has accepted, per duckterritory/247.

Comment

• tinfoilzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
                  Pangos would be a huge upgrade.
                  So would a basketball.
                  The quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language.

Comment

• NovaScotiaZagFan
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
                    Fellow Canadian here. Looks like Brooks did accept an invite, I assume Murray didn't accept due to his injury. Not sure about Gilgeous-Alexander though.

Comment

• Marcus
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2013

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander put out a post on Twitter saying he declined due to injury.

Maybe Pangos can reconsider now that he signed a big contract? Unlikely but I can dream.

It is so cool that 3 Zags will be in camp. Lets get Pangos and Wiltjer there so we can have a five Zag lineup,

Comment

• Grand Valley Zag
                        Kennel Club
                        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                        Good for Kevin I guess. If I had a choice, I'd go to Spain instead of working for the Russian government.

Comment

• bigblahla
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
                          Good for Kevin I guess. If I had a choice, I'd go to Spain instead of working for the Russian government.
                          OT... St. Petersburg is one of the great cities of the world... it is as at the mouth of the Neva river on the gulf of Finland... the home of Peter The Great and Catherine The Great, rich in culture and architecture, it was a favorite destination for many visitors from all over the world pre-pandemic. It's White Nights Festival, running from August, into late October is world famous... My avatar lived there when we met... there are many worse places in the world to live than St. Petersburg... I think the Pangos will enjoy their time there...

Just my opinion

Go!! Zags!!!
                          "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• Grand Valley Zag
                            Kennel Club
                            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by bigblahla View Post
                            OT... St. Petersburg is one of the great cities of the world... it is as at the mouth of the Neva river on the gulf of Finland... the home of Peter The Great and Catherine The Great, rich in culture and architecture, it was a favorite destination for many visitors from all over the world pre-pandemic. It's White Nights Festival, running from August, into late October is world famous... My avatar lived there when we met... there are many worse places in the world to live than St. Petersburg... I think the Pangos will enjoy their time there...

Just my opinion

Go!! Zags!!!
                            I'm sure St. Petersburg is rich in culture and amenities. That wasn't my point. My point was that the Russian government is bad and that A Man For Others shouldn't support it with his work if he has a choice.
                            eta context: the Russian government owns Zenit through Gazprom
                            and also

Easy for me to criticize someone else's decision.
                            Last edited by Grand Valley Zag; 06-01-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• bartruff1
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                              He has a brilliant future after basketball......and it may be in politics...." Can't Miss "......

Comment

Working...
                              X