• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SLOZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Potential Non-Grad Transfer Post

I haven't been able to find a potential non-grad transfer thread in the Whelping Box, and so I thought I would start one. Mods are requested to change the title of this post from "Post" to "Thread," and are encouraged to move other potential non-grad transfer posts here to consolidate them.

RayQuan Evans
    Evans is a sophomore at North Idaho College, where (this past year?) he "averaged 18.2 points per game and was second in the league with 79 steals and 162 assists. He also averaged 7.4 rebounds per game, and was named the East Region MVP in helping the Cardinals (31-2) to a region title and their second straight NWAC championship." He has just been "named the Northwest Athletic Conference male basketball athlete of the year."

"Evans is considering several options for next season, including offers from Florida State, Gonzaga and Washington State."

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by SLOZag; 04-11-2019, 09:46 PM. Reason: Old brain cells work slowly.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by SLOZag View Post
    I haven't been able to find a potential non-grad transfer post in the Whelping Box, and so I though I would start one. Mods are encouraged to move other potential non-grad transfer posts here to consolidate them.

RayQuan Evans
    Evans is a sophomore at North Idaho College, where (this past year?) he "averaged 18.2 points per game and was second in the league with 79 steals and 162 assists. He also averaged 7.4 rebounds per game, and was named the East Region MVP in helping the Cardinals (31-2) to a region title and their second straight NWAC championship." He has just been "named the Northwest Athletic Conference male basketball athlete of the year."

"Evans is considering several options for next season, including offers from Florida State, Gonzaga and Washington State."

Any thoughts?
    Thanks for starting this thread. People were throwing all potential transfers into the grad transfer thread, and they are different.

Definitely under the radar, but at 6'4" big enough to do some work. The 162 assists from the SG position is really good too. I don't think they played 30 games, so it would be more than 5/game.

Before we bash a JUCO, wasn't Batista a JUCO? and McClellan? just from memory.
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• soccerdud
      Zag for Life
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by willandi View Post
      Thanks for starting this thread. People were throwing all potential transfers into the grad transfer thread, and they are different.

Definitely under the radar, but at 6'4" big enough to do some work. The 162 assists from the SG position is really good too. I don't think they played 30 games, so it would be more than 5/game.

they played 33 games. their record is in the post you quoted.

Comment

• willandi
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by soccerdud View Post
        they played 33 games. their record is in the post you quoted.
        Didn't read it close enough then. Sorry.

So 4.9 assist/game for a SG. Good number.

Comment

• ZagNation
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Feb 2014

Quentin Hall came to GU from NIC. Damn good player.

Comment

• Bogozags
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Batista was McClellan not so sure think he was a transfer from a 4yr school...might you be thinking of Carter?

Comment

• GuZag2012
              Kennel Club Material
              • Jul 2012

McClellan was at Vanderbilt briefly before coming to GU. I believe he was dismissed midway through the year there. Prior to that I believe he had played at Tulsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• willandi
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                Batista was McClellan not so sure think he was a transfer from a 4yr school...might you be thinking of Carter?
                Could be right. There was at least one other...and Quentin as well.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jun 2017

Could be right. There was at least one other...and Quentin as well.
                  Marquise Carter was a JUCO I believe.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                    Jordan Brown/Nevada has entered the portal. Zags were after him while he was in HS IIRC.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Wv9Zw1SbaVKR4K
                    Spokane would be a great place with the right environment for Jordan to recapture his mojo. His dad sounds like a pretty solid guy, and I'm sure he's aware of the Zags' success in developing big men for the next level.

Comment

• JAGzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                      Spokane would be a great place with the right environment for Jordan to recapture his mojo. His dad sounds like a pretty solid guy, and I'm sure he's aware of the Zags' success in developing big men for the next level.
                      Don’t think we need another big.

Comment

• OntZags
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                        I don't see how we can spare a scholarship for a season when a PG next year is the most pressing need.

Plus with the stable of bigs we have moving forward, he would have no assurance of playing time.

I doubt we're on him this go around.

Comment

• PCZ_Frites
                          Bulldog Fan
                          • Nov 2017

The JUCO recruit used to be more common with the program, but perhaps the combo of new grad transfer rules, and the growth of the program we've seen less over the last few years. Off the top of my head:

Batista
                          Q Hall
                          Anthony Reason
                          Carter
                          Alex Hernandez
                          Wintson Brooks
                          Tony Skinner

Comment

• Birddog
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

I think Germayne Forbes, Anthony Reason, Alex Hernandez, Abdulahai Kuso and Tony Skinner were all JUCO's too.
                            Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                            All mimsy were the borogoves,
                            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Working...
                            X