X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hooter73
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2008

Huh, didn’t realize we do have one open scholarship left.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CB4 View Post
      I hope this doesn't mean another grad transfer...
      What else could it mean?

Comment

• zagssuperfan
        Kennel Club Material
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
        Huh, didn’t realize we do have one open scholarship left.
        Assuming Larson is gone, we have one.

Comment

• cjm720
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          What else could it mean?
          Euro!
          Go Zags!!!

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

I reviewed a tap of the All-Star game between Washington and Oregon yesterday and observed how Ravet may play at Gonzaga. I've said this a couple times before that Ravet is an excellent passer and outside shooter. And that's pretty much how he played in the All-Star game. HE hit 4 three pointers and was mostly passing the ball to open shooters. This is where I feel he may have it over Woolridge. Woolridge is not known to be a good outside shooter. Very good outside shooting by Perkins is going to be something that will be missed, and something that Coach Few may want as a weapon next season. If he does, Ravet would be the guy that could provide that kind of shooting.

Woolridge, on the other hand, is a very good passer also and it's said he's a very good defensive player. He also has real good size for a guard at 6' 3". He also has really good speed. In some ways these descriptions of Woolridge remind me of Goodson who was a really fast guard but could not shoot from the outside. Because of this they players who guarded him were instructed to play off of Goodson and be in a help position to double up on post players. When I think of all of the Gonzaga point guards most of them were very good 3 point shooters.
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Therunner
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2007

Fun to see the kids working out together.

Tillie leading the way..

Along with Watson, Gilder, Timme, Arklauskas, Petrusev, & Ravet.

Comment

• Reborn
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

It's good to see that there are GU players who are on campus working out together. There hasn't been very much reporting outside of this one, about the guys working out together. I'm also wondering if anyone who posts here has seen the Zags playing ball together? There are usually reports here about some of those games.

Comment

• CPkZagFan
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Mar 2019

Anton Watson

Even though I live in Texas, I got on the Gonzaga train back when they made their first elite 8 run and have been a rabid fan ever since. This is the first time on the forum.
                  I agree with Vulture's assessment and starting five. However, having watched all the state Washington High School playoffs, I think Watson has some definite weaknesses that will need to be addressed. Talent wise he definitely has all the offensive tools but I was a little shocked at the lack of defensive intensity he showed when his team played Federal Way. If it had not been for the rest of his team, especially Liam Lloyd, they never would have advanced to the state championship game. He seemed way too laid back on defense, especially giving the player he was guarding a huge amount of space and not even raising his arms that much. I think Brock Ravet will have some challenges but I think he definitely brings something to the table and I think he will be a starter before he graduates.

Comment

• sheps001
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Dec 2011

Where in Texas? My son lives in Austin and is a big big big Zag fan. Yes Im a big Zag fan too. Law '75.

Comment

• Reborn
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by CPkZagFan View Post
                      Even though I live in Texas, I got on the Gonzaga train back when they made their first elite 8 run and have been a rabid fan ever since. This is the first time on the forum.
                      I agree with Vulture's assessment and starting five. However, having watched all the state Washington High School playoffs, I think Watson has some definite weaknesses that will need to be addressed. Talent wise he definitely has all the offensive tools but I was a little shocked at the lack of defensive intensity he showed when his team played Federal Way. If it had not been for the rest of his team, especially Liam Lloyd, they never would have advanced to the state championship game. He seemed way too laid back on defense, especially giving the player he was guarding a huge amount of space and not even raising his arms that much. I think Brock Ravet will have some challenges but I think he definitely brings something to the table and I think he will be a starter before he graduates.
                      Congrats, CPKZagFan. It's really great to see someone bran new here on GUBoards. Your post is well written and it shows that you put some good thinking into it. A darn good post for your first attempt at it. I look forward to seeing many more. Have fun here, and don't be shy. We need all the help we can get here, especially from people who seem to know a little about basketball. I'll keep an eye open for your posts. I have never seen Watson play, but I've seen Brock many times beginning when he was probably a 7th grader. He's just a year younger then one of my grandkids who played against Brock when they were in Middle School AAU ball. I've also watch Ravet a few times when he was in high school. If you have followed this forum for awhile you must know how much I like Brock Ravet. My son did see Watson play and felt he would be a very good D-1 player. That's all it took for me to become a Watson fan. My son has great knowledge and insight into what makes an athlete great. Those of us who rave about the Washington athletes (fans like me) who play for Gonzaga are really blessed right now. These two new guys plus Kispert are going to be soooo much fun to watch.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                        Congrats, CPKZagFan. It's really great to see someone bran new here on GUBoards. Your post is well written and it shows that you put some good thinking into it. A darn good post for your first attempt at it. I look forward to seeing many more. Have fun here, and don't be shy. We need all the help we can get here, especially from people who seem to know a little about basketball. I'll keep an eye open for your posts. I have never seen Watson play, but I've seen Brock many times beginning when he was probably a 7th grader. He's just a year younger then one of my grandkids who played against Brock when they were in Middle School AAU ball. I've also watch Ravet a few times when he was in high school. If you have followed this forum for awhile you must know how much I like Brock Ravet. My son did see Watson play and felt he would be a very good D-1 player. That's all it took for me to become a Watson fan. My son has great knowledge and insight into what makes an athlete great. Those of us who rave about the Washington athletes (fans like me) who play for Gonzaga are really blessed right now. These two new guys plus Kispert are going to be soooo much fun to watch.

+1 Welcome CP
                        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• GoZags
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
                          Euro!
                          I can think of some guys that Tommy has gotten to the US that weren’t exactly “Euro’s”. Rui Hachimura and Greivis Vazquez come to mind. And J.P. Batista worked out okay.
                          sigpic
                          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                          ——-
                          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                            I can think of some guys that Tommy has gotten to the US that weren’t exactly “Euro’s”. Rui Hachimura and Greivis Vazquez come to mind. And J.P. Batista worked out okay.
                            International!
                            It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Oct 2008

How soon do you think we will know who this guy is?
                              It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• GoZags
                                Super Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
                                How soon do you think we will know who this guy is?
                                Nothing is ever in the bag until it is in the bag. We learned about Ronny coming in the 4th week of August.
                                sigpic
                                “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                                ——-
                                List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                                Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Working...
                                X