X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagfan08
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Another thing to keep in mind, Cook came to GU expecting more playing time than he received. Nembhard being eligible at the last minute was great for the team, but probably cut his minutes down a fair amount. He didn’t complain and did a good job for us with what was asked if him.

Comment

• vandalzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Good for him. See what is out there and take advantage of the extra year. Kid was aces as a Zag. Team player, great attitude, and put up serious numbers in the classroom. Good luck Aaron and thanks for the year.

Comment

• ZAG 4 LIFE
        Kennel Club
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
        Another thing to keep in mind, Cook came to GU expecting more playing time than he received. Nembhard being eligible at the last minute was great for the team, but probably cut his minutes down a fair amount. He didn’t complain and did a good job for us with what was asked if him.
        This is spot on... Nobody was more affected by Andrew's eligibility than Aaron Cook.
        He want to test the waters to see if he can find another good program where he can
        play the minutes he thought he was going to play at GU. Good luck to Aaron... he did
        a solid job for the Zags.

Comment

• zagzilla
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Per Jim Meehan at the S-R:

"It’s unclear if Cook will be eligible immediately as a double transfer for a rare sixth season."

Aaron Cook will turn 26 in December-that's "BYU player old". If he wasn't immediately eligible and sat out, he could be 27 for his 6th season of NCAA BBall.

Anyway, I'll always remember him for those 2 dunks vs. Pepperdine. Best of luck, AC.

ZZ

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
            Per Jim Meehan at the S-R:

"It’s unclear if Cook will be eligible immediately as a double transfer for a rare sixth season."

Aaron Cook will turn 26 in December-that's "BYU player old". If he wasn't immediately eligible and sat out, he could be 27 for his 6th season of NCAA BBall.

Anyway, I'll always remember him for those 2 dunks vs. Pepperdine. Best of luck, AC.

ZZ
            i mean good for this guy! Starred at SLU, played in a national championship and now gets to choose his program at age 26.. thats amazing. I sure wish I could have played that late!

Comment

• sittingon50
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Thank you Aaron. You were terrific. Once a Zag....

Wonder if he winds up with the Billikens? From St. Louis & Coach Giac is there.
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

- i hope in the years ahead, we do not forget aaron cook.
                - coaches and he expected more playing time, but stuff happens and he doesn't see the floor that much, but when he did he gave 100%!
                - he was an important cog on what could be argued as gonzaga's best team ever.

- kind of surprised he wants to play another year, but not that he would look to a school were playing time would increase. good luck aaron!

Comment

• Zagricultural
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Nov 2012

Really thought with Joel, Corey, and Jalen all leaving he'd have an expanded time next year. Sad because we're probably going to really need him.

Comment

• GrizZAG
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2009

This is a big loss for the Zags. Aaron was solid and I felt trust when the ball was in his hands always. A great defender and hustle was never a question. Any chance he comes back?
                    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• Sneakerhead253
                      Redshirt
                      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                      i mean good for this guy! Starred at SLU, played in a national championship and now gets to choose his program at age 26.. thats amazing. I sure wish I could have played that late!
                      Where are you guys seeing that he's that old? I see he just turned 23 this previous December so would be 24 for next basketball season ( DOB December 28, 1997). Younger than Mark Vital by a month or so

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2007

one of the sterotypes of vital is that he is 'old' for college basketball.

he would have probably seen his shares of minutes, we can hope that harris and andrew (or hunter and andrew) will be as good as jalen and andrew, and i hope that happens. i don't know if we are actively seeking a point guard in the portal. The reason i think he would get minutes are that he is an 'experiences zag' and knows the few system and if timme does not return will be a little short on leaders. Also last years truly great teams played 7 guys after the new year, he was one of those. That in itself is elite in a sense.

what surprises me is that he is not going out to make some money before he is really old; if he wants another year on a college team are we sure he would get more development with another team. Maybe so. Maybe he does not plan to go pro at all. If he does, when i put myself in his place (which is fantasy) but as I see it why not go to Europe or somewhere and start making money. Well he was a terrific, selfless zag, and I am sorry he is leaving.

only he knows all the facts, and I hope his career follows or exceeds what he is planning for himself in basketball futureland.

Comment

• zagamatic
                          Zag for Life
                          • Aug 2009

I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of the academic side of college hoops, but could this simply be a case of Gonzaga not being able to offer additional classes that meet requirements for a 6th year senior and therefore he has to transfer to a school that does offer classes that fit the bill?

Comment

• zagdontzig
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by zagamatic View Post
                            I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of the academic side of college hoops, but could this simply be a case of Gonzaga not being able to offer additional classes that meet requirements for a 6th year senior and therefore he has to transfer to a school that does offer classes that fit the bill?
                            maybe, but last year did not count against eligibility. In theory, he has two years of eligibility left.
                            Originally posted by Reborn
                            Go Zags!!!
                            Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• zagfan08
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
                              This is a big loss for the Zags. Aaron was solid and I felt trust when the ball was in his hands always. A great defender and hustle was never a question. Any chance he comes back?
                              Originally posted by zagamatic View Post
                              Case of playing time. Nothing more nothing less.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                                Case of playing time. Nothing more nothing less.
                                Love AC-- he is not Rasir Bolton though. Maybe a better defender-- i didnt pay enough attention to boltons D but his offense is top notch.

Comment

Working...
                                X