X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiddwell
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

According to ESPN's article on Chet's commitment...

...Fanbo has reclassified to 2021 and is expected to join the team this summer. The Fanbo info is about two-thirds down the article. Obviously I don't know the writer's source(s) or how fresh this info is, just passing this hopeful good news along. Here's the link:

Chet Holmgren, the No. 1-ranked senior in the Class of 2021 rankings, committed to Gonzaga on Monday during an appearance on SportsCenter.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• ET2021
      Kennel Club Material
      • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
      ...Fanbo has reclassified to 2021 and is expected to join the team this summer. The Fanbo info is about two-thirds down the article. Obviously I don't know the writer's source(s) or how fresh this info is, just passing this hopeful good news along. Here's the link:

Chet Holmgren, the No. 1-ranked senior in the Class of 2021 rankings, committed to Gonzaga on Monday during an appearance on SportsCenter.

That would be very nice indeed...

Comment

• bigblahla
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post

I don't think this is accurate, more like hearsay... I've read all I can find and nowhere does it say he's reclassified, only that it is an option.

Go!! Zags!!!
        "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• StatZag
          Banned
          • Dec 2020

Zeng is the age of a typical current US senior in high school. But it seems like he left the US (and school) 13 months ago due to covid, and he has been playing with a national team and hen professional team in China.

I have no clue what procedure the NCAA would use (probably some nonsense) to determine if he is now college eligible given that unusual history. But in terms of actually age and experience, Zeng would fit right in with incoming college freshmen this summer fall. His years at school in Florida means he probably speaks much better English and will have less culture shock than Rui or Joel too.

Comment

• bdmiller7
            Zag for Life
            • Jun 2017

Originally posted by StatZag View Post
            Zeng is the age of a typical current US senior in high school. But it seems like he left the US (and school) 13 months ago due to covid, and he has been playing with a national team and hen professional team in China.

I have no clue what procedure the NCAA would use (probably some nonsense) to determine if he is now college eligible given that unusual history. But in terms of actually age and experience, Zeng would fit right in with incoming college freshmen this summer fall. His years at school in Florida means he probably speaks much better English and will have less culture shock than Rui or Joel too.
            Yep, it seems that at least 3/4 of reclassifications are just kids returning to the class they should be in age wise anyway.

Comment

• ET2021
              Kennel Club Material
              • Apr 2021

I do wonder about his amateur status but it seems like everything is in order if he wants to enroll this summer.

Comment

• CDC84
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                What about the affect of the NCAA tournament on endorsement deals? Think Suggs made himself a few extra dollars with his play in the tourny? Maybe a casual fan who became a Suggs fan after seeing him on every highlight reel, espn article, major newspapers telling his story?
                Not only that, but Zach Collins is a back end first rounder at best if he wasn't the best player on the floor at the F4 in 2017. The NCAA tourney made him into a lottery pick. He was no longer a name on a recruiting chart. He was a known commodity who kept getting better and better with more and more high level coaching while participating in games whose outcome really mattered to fans. More people watch the F4 than the NBA finals.

Comment

• jsnider
                  Kennel Club
                  • Apr 2020

Does anybody really think Fanbo will ever play a game for Gonzaga? There are experts on other known Gonzaga sites who feel that Fanbo either goes to Arizona to follow Tommy or goes back to China. Whatever the outcome is - there are at least two well respected people who moderate on other sites that believe strongly that FZ and Gonzaga will not happen.
                  Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by jsnider View Post
                    Does anybody really think Fanbo will ever play a game for Gonzaga? There are experts on other known Gonzaga sites who feel that Fanbo either goes to Arizona to follow Tommy or goes back to China. Whatever the outcome is - there are at least two well respected people who moderate on other sites that believe strongly that FZ and Gonzaga will not happen.
                    1. he has not left china since returning so dont think he can "go back to china"
                    2. Dont know any inside trader information but to date have seen nothing that indicates he wants to or will go back on his verbal agreement to come play for Gonzaga but time will tell
                    The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• ET2021
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Apr 2021

Biancardi and Borzello seem to think he's enrolling this summer, so we'll see.

Comment

• jsnider
                        Kennel Club
                        • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                        1. he has not left china since returning so dont think he can "go back to china"
                        2. Dont know any inside trader information but to date have seen nothing that indicates he wants to or will go back on his verbal agreement to come play for Gonzaga but time will tell
                        Hoop - great point on China. Should have said will stay in China. Nonetheless I’m not making it up. Look I hope the other experts and moderators are incorrect in their opinion and thinking. I would love Fanbo to be a Zag. I think he could be a very good player who will help Gonzaga win games.
                        Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                          • Mar 2008

Hoop - great point on China. Should have said will stay in China. Nonetheless I’m not making it up. Look I hope the other experts and moderators are incorrect in their opinion and thinking. I would love Fanbo to be a Zag. I think he could be a very good player who will help Gonzaga win games.
                          guess we will find out come early summer ............everything I have read and heard says he is coming early summer enrolling at gonzaga
                          The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Kiddwell
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

ESPN is now listing Fanbo...

...as a 2021 recruit.

(They're also listing the Zags' class as 2nd best in the nation after Michigan. Wowzer.)
                            Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• tummydoc
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2013

But listed as committed, not signed.

Comment

• Zaglaw
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Arizona forum on 247 has a topic titled "Fanbo." Its a pay site, so I can't get in. Does anyone here have access?

Comment

Working...
                                X