• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Vulture
    Zag for Life
    • May 2008

Originally posted by zagzilla View Post
    G League or another NCAA program in that order. He has been in the wind for a long time. If he was truly locked in on GU, he could have said so by now. Ask me again in a week. I will be happy to eat some crow in this if/when he signs

ZZ
    Let us know how you like your crow, just saying.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

This thread is done and done, like Pearl's integrity.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2008

There has been a lot of digital ink spilled over a guy who averaged 4 pts and 3 rebounds, and turned the Zags down once already. He's supposedly only an average athlete with lots of scoring moves (I never watched him play, so if he's an amazing player that was completely misused at UNC I apologize for my ignorance). I'd prefer to have a less highly rated athletic rim defender who can switch screens and clean things up around the basket.

Comment

• strikenowhere
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
          There has been a lot of digital ink spilled over a guy who averaged 4 pts and 3 rebounds, and turned the Zags down once already. He's supposedly only an average athlete with lots of scoring moves (I never watched him play, so if he's an amazing player that was completely misused at UNC I apologize for my ignorance). I'd prefer to have a less highly rated athletic rim defender who can switch screens and clean things up around the basket.
          Not only that, I have to say I'm a bit amazed at some of the thinking around here - it borders on being greedy talent-wise. It seems like Timme is sticking around & that Holmgren, the 7' 1" 3-4-5 unicorn, is going to be a Zag. We have a 4-star big that came in this year (Gregg) combined with another 4-star big who will be coming in the fall (Perry). Those guys, combined with Timme & Watson, should be more than enough to keep the frontcourt humming along. Now throw in a primed Strawther at 3-4 as well and the team is sitting pretty.

The cupboard is overflowing talent already.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
            Not only that, I have to say I'm a bit amazed at some of the thinking around here - it borders on being greedy talent-wise. It seems like Timme is sticking around & that Holmgren, the 7' 1" 3-4-5 unicorn, is going to be a Zag. We have a 4-star big that came in this year (Gregg) combined with another 4-star big who will be coming in the fall (Perry). Those guys, combined with Timme & Watson, should be more than enough to keep the frontcourt humming along. Now throw in a primed Strawther at 3-4 as well and the team is sitting pretty.

The cupboard is overflowing talent already.
            For want of a better word, greed is good......

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post

I didn't know GG was a fan of the Zags...

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                The love of mammon is the root of all kinds of evil.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                  The love of mammon is the root of all kinds of evil.
                  Some good stuff, tho....

Comment

• zagdontzig
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2016

Hell hath no fury like that of a scorned Zag fan.

Age old reminder - these are kids, and they are entitled to make their choice for any reasons, including most which we have no insight into.

Damned y'all. With no more bigs, we're an Elite 8 team with Timme and Watson starting, and Gregg backing up. Relax.
                    Originally posted by Reborn
                    Go Zags!!!
                    Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Notice "y'all" is growing in popularity on the board? Did GU secede to the SEC?

Comment

• zagfan1
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                        Its not truth to say Gonzaga has a much better chance to win it all next year than Auburn? Oddsmakers would disagree.
                        Odds to win the title next year: Gonzaga 9:1; UCLA 10:1; Auburn 40:1. Auburn has a chance but Lower down the list from a number of other schools.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
                          Hell hath no fury like that of a scorned Zag fan.

Age old reminder - these are kids, and they are entitled to make their choice for any reasons, including most which we have no insight into.

Damned y'all. With no more bigs, we're an Elite 8 team with Timme and Watson starting, and Gregg backing up. Relax.
                          I’m high on Kaden Perry.
                          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                            I’m high on Kaden Perry.
                            Me too. He’s no walker kessler right now but he’s no chopped liver.

Something tells me we aren’t done yet though. Doubt that ballo and zac are both leaving because of one more year of timme and Chet.. neither perry or Gregg are centers. Is the scholarship chart updated? I am guessing a grad transfer guard and a mobile big.

Comment

• strikenowhere
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                              Me too. He’s no walker kessler right now but he’s no chopped liver.

Something tells me we aren’t done yet though. Doubt that ballo and zac are both leaving because of one more year of timme and Chet.. neither perry or Gregg are centers. Is the scholarship chart updated? I am guessing a grad transfer guard and a mobile big.
                              Aren't the days of having a traditional center pretty much gone? Two forwards does the job just fine. And if you are looking for rim protection, that is what Chet is for on defense. On offense he's a more a wing-forward.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
                                Aren't the days of having a traditional center pretty much gone? Two forwards does the job just fine. And if you are looking for rim protection, that is what Chet is for on defense. On offense he's a more a wing-forward.
                                Yes I was referring to rebounding and rim protecting. Gregg isn’t that player. Chet has been in high school. Is his twig frame going to be able to rebound against vital types? Perry is athletic and big enough to help. Young though. Hope we have enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X