• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    If both leave which I think happens we are still top 25.. just don't think a legit title contender. A lot can happen in an offseason though
    Agreed. I wouldnt be surprised to learn of three new additions to our roster within the next month or two.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
      Selfishly, I want him to stay but I think Zack played himself into the lottery during this tournament. There's a four page thread on realgm about him and virtually every poster says that he's going to be a stud in the NBA and will be a lottery pick this year.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...10663&start=60
      Full transparency I haven't watched an NBA game in years

He needs few more pounds in shoulders and needs to learn to play smarter imo which translate to another year for bball IQ
      Like sabonis one more year and certainly lotto imo

But he and family have decisions to make
      The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• 23dpg
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

They gone.
        Thanks for the great season.
        Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
          Banned
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
          Full transparency I haven't watched an NBA game in years

He needs few more pounds in shoulders and needs to learn to play smarter imo which translate to another year for bball IQ
          Like sabonis one more year and certainly lotto imo

But he and family have decisions to make
          The NBA drafts almost solely on potential nowadays, many argue that that has watered down the product but that's another discussion for another time. Zach is twice as gifted as Sabonis ever will be and Domas is a stud. In my opinion, he's gone. But, on the positive, he's our first one and done so that's a new accomplishment for us.

Comment

• ZagDaddy
            Kennel Club Material
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
            They gone.
            Thanks for the great season.
            Zach is not NBA ready, IMO. If he can't stay out of foul trouble in college what chance does he have in NBA? He has work to do to be a great NBA player. If he leaves now I'm afraid he'll have a career similar to Austin Daye's. He needs to come back.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2007

Man Nigel's post game interview w Katz was tough to watch. What a stud. Love that kid. But ya I took he's gone from that.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                The NBA drafts almost solely on potential nowadays, many argue that that has watered down the product but that's another discussion for another time. Zach is twice as gifted as Sabonis ever will be and Domas is a stud. In my opinion, he's gone. But, on the positive, he's our first one and done so that's a new accomplishment for us.
                Good people can agree to disagree that one and done is an accomplishment for college basketball
                The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                  Good people can agree to disagree that one and done is an accomplishment for college basketball
                  By "accomplishment", I mean that it's one more mid major hurdle that we have overcome. It puts us on par with the other elite programs in college basketball. And whether or not we like it is irelevant, coaches can use it as a recruiting tool.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                    Man Nigel's post game interview w Katz was tough to watch. What a stud. Love that kid. But ya I took he's gone from that.
                    Yes, I just watched it and it was very emotional. The guy left his heart as well as his ankles on the floor. He will be missed.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagDaddy View Post
                      Zach is not NBA ready, IMO. If he can't stay out of foul trouble in college what chance does he have in NBA? He has work to do to be a great NBA player. If he leaves now I'm afraid he'll have a career similar to Austin Daye's. He needs to come back.
                      I don't think Austin ever truly had passion for the game of basketball he was just tall and very gifted. Zach has that fire in him and is tremendously gifted. If he's a lottery pick he's got to go.

Comment

• CDC84
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Fran's view

Until I see Nigel and/or Zach on the 2017 mock list at draftexpress.com, it's not something I will even take seriously. I expect guys to test the waters. Why wouldn't you if invited?

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                          Fran's view

Until I see Nigel and/or Zach on the 2017 mock list at draftexpress.com, it's not something I will even take seriously. I expect guys to test the waters. Why wouldn't you if invited?
                          Some of the responses to his tweet were pretty funny. But if Zach is a lottery pick than Fran is right he won't be in the playoffs because his team will be so bad. LOL

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

I would love to see Nigel and Zach C come back. The downside of that is obvious, a couple of our elite players.
                            On the other side, however, if they leave it opens two scholarships we cannot otherwise offer. The way our recruiting has been lately, and the run this season, it is not unreasonable to think we might get some quality replacements for them.

Comment

• Zags11
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2008

I believe we saw the last of nwg. And he gave his heart. Damn.

Comment

• Mantua
                                Zag for Life
                                • Mar 2007

i wish they'd come back to take Zach Norvell and Jacob Larson to the 2018 Final Four.
                                Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

Working...
                                X