• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SanDiegoZag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Andrew Nembhard???

Don’t think he is that great really...but I’m sure he would love to come to GU if he has to sit out a year. I assume this may be the sit out transfer at PG some have mentioned in connection with GU, but hadn’t put his name in transfer portal yet.

Goodman days he is withdrawing from draft, and transferring from Florida.
  • Markburn1
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by SanDiegoZag View Post
    Don’t think he is that great really...but I’m sure he would love to come to GU if he has to sit out a year. I assume this may be the sit out transfer at PG some have mentioned in connection with GU, but hadn’t put his name in transfer portal yet.

Goodman days he is withdrawing from draft, and transferring from Florida.
    I would take him in a heartbeat. He is that good. Look at his assist totals. The all time Zag leader in assists didn’t come close to what Andrew put on the board in that category the first two full years of their college careers.

Nembhard has work to do on his long range shooting but his free throw percentage indicates the three will come along.

Comment

• webspinnre
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

If he's interested, yes, please!
      I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• jsnider
        Kennel Club
        • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
        I would take him in a heartbeat. He is that good. Look at his assist totals. The all time Zag leader in assists didn’t come close to what Andrew put on the board in that category the first two full years of their college careers.

Nembhard has work to do on his long range shooting but his free throw percentage indicates the three will come along.
        I agree with everyone who would like to see him in a Gonzaga uniform. Look what we did with Nigel Williams-Goss when he had to sit a year and the coaching staff worked with him. For those who saw Williams - Goss or Brandon Clarke as sit out transfers probably weren't that excited either. I trust our coaching staff to develop players and make them much better after having to sit out a year. There is a lot to like about Andrew Nembhard and a lot there to work with. i am also convinced that Mike White's system at Florida did not play well to his up tempo style. I think the Gonzaga offense plays much better to his strength. I have my fingers crossed on this one. That said, he will be very highly coveted by a lot of high major schools.
        Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• SanDiegoZag
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jsnider View Post
          I agree with everyone who would like to see him in a Gonzaga uniform. Look what we did with Nigel Williams-Goss when he had to sit a year and the coaching staff worked with him. For those who saw Williams - Goss or Brandon Clarke as sit out transfers probably weren't that excited either. I trust our coaching staff to develop players and make them much better after having to sit out a year. There is a lot to like about Andrew Nembhard and a lot there to work with. i am also convinced that Mike White's system at Florida did not play well to his up tempo style. I think the Gonzaga offense plays much better to his strength. I have my fingers crossed on this one. That said, he will be very highly coveted by a lot of high major schools.
          Yeah, I agree...he could certainly be a decent GU PG after a sit out year. It may be that he was just poorly coached at Florida. He runs offense at a very slow pace though, and isn’t the most athletic guy. Maybe if he plays in a more fast paced offense he could flourish, but it seemed like he is most comfortable dominating the ball, and not creating much other than slow half-court offense.

Right now, I would say it is a next to zero chance he can be as good as Williams-Goss was for his year at GU, but obviously he can go under that bar and still be successful.

If he does get a waiver, Few is going to tell him he won’t be starting this year in Spokane...so I doubt he would consider the Zags if that was the case...but if he was willing to come off the bench, the Zags would be ranked #1 in EVERY preseason publication.

Overall,

Comment

• scrooner
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Is White the slower paced guy, or is it Nembhard? I'm reading some Florida fans comments that Nembhard is too slow for their system, but they might have it backwards.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
              Is White the slower paced guy, or is it Nembhard? I'm reading some Florida fans comments that Nembhard is too slow for their system, but they might have it backwards.
              White is easily among the top 5 most overrated coaches in the country. Five stars left and right, Mickey D’s....bupkis.

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I suspect this gives Florida a black eye but frees a kid to explore suitable options. We should have had him the first time around but he opted for Florida. I do not remember him being abnormally slow. I do remember him being a very good shooter and player.

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

From GatorCountry: https://www.gatorcountry.com/florida...-from-florida/

A team to watch for Nembhard to go to is Gonzaga. They were a school that recruited him heavily out of high school and every year they are trying to land a veteran point guard in the transfer portal. Additionally, their continuity ball screen offense is well suited for Nembhard’s game. When Florida was playing their best offense this year it was using ball screens with Nembhard running off a Kerry Blackshear screen while Omar Payne was in the paint sealing the help defender—an action straight out of the Gonzaga playbook.

Nembhard was a divisive player at times among fans but he will definitely be remembered for his surgical passing and his game winning shot against LSU as a freshman that sealed Florida’s NCAA Tournament bid. Once a Gator, always a Gator.

Comment

• Kiddwell
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Rated 8th Best PG in 2018/ESPN

6'4" 190 lbs (back then)

:]
                    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
                      Spurned Zags, the Tree and Tony B for that flim flammer?

"The talent assembled by Mike White and his staff was simply too tempting to ignore. Florida’s roster includes 3 sophomore starters from last season’s 2nd-round NCAA Tournament team and another highly-regarded recruiting class that included 3 of the nation’s top 50 players, including McDonald’s All-Americans Scottie Lewis and Tre Mann. Florida then went out and landed the nation’s most coveted grad transfer in center Kerry Blackshear Jr. and on paper, you have a team that should play deep into March. Florida projected to have scoring balance, a savvy point guard and depth and like every White team, you could expect them to defend at a high level."

Comment

• Jedster
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                        Spurned Zags, the Tree and Tony B for that flim flammer?

"The talent assembled by Mike White and his staff was simply too tempting to ignore. Florida’s roster includes 3 sophomore starters from last season’s 2nd-round NCAA Tournament team and another highly-regarded recruiting class that included 3 of the nation’s top 50 players, including McDonald’s All-Americans Scottie Lewis and Tre Mann. Florida then went out and landed the nation’s most coveted grad transfer in center Kerry Blackshear Jr. and on paper, you have a team that should play deep into March. Florida projected to have scoring balance, a savvy point guard and depth and like every White team, you could expect them to defend at a high level."
                        More flaming of Mike White on the thread than much about Nembhard, besides he's slow. Favorite comment was from a poster that asked "what would it cost to get(Bruce) Pearl?" and the response was "our self respect". Awesome!

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jun 2007

An underrated part of a potential Nembhard signing would be the development he could have on jalen suggs. Imagine Suggs facing nembhard in practice daily? Not many point guards he would go up against all year as good as Andrew.

Also, the team as a hole playing defense against AN would serve valuable to the team all year.

Let’s get him!

AN
                          HARRIS
                          WATSON
                          BANCHERO
                          TIMME
                          BALLO
                          STRAWTHER
                          PERRY
                          In 2021...

Am I too ahead of myself?

Comment

• jsnider
                            Kennel Club
                            • Apr 2020

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                            An underrated part of a potential Nembhard signing would be the development he could have on jalen suggs. Imagine Suggs facing nembhard in practice daily? Not many point guards he would go up against all year as good as Andrew.

Also, the team as a hole playing defense against AN would serve valuable to the team all year.

Let’s get him!

AN
                            HARRIS
                            WATSON
                            BANCHERO
                            TIMME
                            BALLO
                            STRAWTHER
                            PERRY
                            In 2021...

Don’t forget about Hunter Sallis. That sounds about right now.
                            Love the Zags!!!

Comment

• hooter73
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post

Let’s get him!

AN
                              HARRIS
                              WATSON
                              BANCHERO
                              TIMME
                              BALLO
                              STRAWTHER
                              PERRY
                              In 2021...

Half the people on your list are going to be in the nba by then according to everyone but me...

I watched AN play a handful of times. High quality, high level, and if he’s adaptable the. He would be a great addition. I always liked pieces of Florida, but never liked them as a team.

Comment

Working...
                              X