• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JAGzag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme
    Agree 100% but since there is no audio or video tape of Miller it is all hearsay. So the NCAA will get Miller under “lack of institutional control” and probably slap him with a 3 to 5 game suspension like they did with urban Meyer.
    Don’t known the facts here, but it’s not just hearsay if he has first hand knowledge. That and not hearsay if Miller himself made incriminating statements.

Comment

• JosephZags
      Kennel Club Material
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by JAGzag View Post
      Don’t known the facts here, but it’s not just hearsay if he has first hand knowledge. That and not hearsay if Miller himself made incriminating statements.
      Yeah, a lot of people don't understand what hearsay is. Anyone can testify about something they witnessed or have first hand knowledge of. And the vast majority of the time someone commits a crime, an infraction, or a tort, it is not proven via a direct admission or communication by the Defendant. It is based on the testimony of others who witnessed it or have knowledge of it in some other manner.

Comment

• Bogozags
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by basketballzag View Post
        Book testified that Miller paid players and he will tell the NCAA the same thing. The NCAA has no subpoena power so that's in Miller's favor however Miller is responsible for his assistants and this is where the NCAA is going to hammer Arizona.
        I am willing to bet that UA will not be penalized by the NCAA even "IF" they found wrong doing...UA would just penalize themselves...no Dance next year and cut back one or two scholarships for one or two years...the NCAA will see this action as enough penalty and will not put UA on probation of any type.

If these charges are correct, then if Pacific had committed the violation, the Tigers would be put on two-three years probation, loss of scholarships, no WCC Tournament participation and loss of TV Revenue.

"Blue Bloods" are treated differently and the NCAA doesn't care if the public knows there is a double standard.

Yes, this is all my opinion!

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

That actually is the very definition of hearsay. There is no corroborating evidence of Sean Miller on video or audio tape bribing , or talking about bribing a player or “handler“. It is literally one guy saying that another guy said something, without any corroborating evidence. Hearsay. But as I said they may get Miller with “lack of institutional control“. Do I think he’s guilty? I do. But a crook saying that he did it without any corroborating evidence does not make it so.
          I'm not a lawyer, and don't even watch law shows, but it seems that you might be confusing your definition of hearsay with the legal definition. I think your definition would make all witness testimony inadmissible in court.

Comment

• Zag_Dad
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2013

Hearsay is an out of court statement used to prove the matter asserted. There ared MANY exception to the "hearsay" rule, including:
            ER 801(d) - admission by a party opponent,

or

ER 804(b)- statement against interest.

Either of these exceptions might apply to statements made BY Miller in which he admits a crime to the declarant who comes to court to offer testimony about what MILLER said.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
              Zag for Life
              • May 2008

What does all of this most recent posting have to do with 2019 Recruits??

Comment

• willandi
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                What does all of this most recent posting have to do with 2019 Recruits??
                My guess would be speculation on whether or not any of the UA recruits demand to be released and reopen up their search.
                Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                  I am willing to bet that UA will not be penalized by the NCAA even "IF" they found wrong doing...UA would just penalize themselves...no Dance next year and cut back one or two scholarships for one or two years...the NCAA will see this action as enough penalty and will not put UA on probation of any type.

If these charges are correct, then if Pacific had committed the violation, the Tigers would be put on two-three years probation, loss of scholarships, no WCC Tournament participation and loss of TV Revenue.

"Blue Bloods" are treated differently and the NCAA doesn't care if the public knows there is a double standard.

Yes, this is all my opinion!
                  This is my opinion also. The ncaa banned the Tennessee coach for changing the grades of 2 players while he coached at Southern Mississippi, yet they did nothing to North Carolina for running the biggest academic scandle in the history of college sports. They made BYU forfeit a bunch of games because some booster gave a player what $222 dollars worth of gifts, yet they did nothing to UCLA over the Sam Gilbert incident. They should have had all except the first 2 nationals taken away, you don't believe it read Bill Walton's book. To me it is sickening for them to ignore the big boys yet burn non eliete programs like BYU and Pacific. This should be against the law, it is called discrimination.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2018

Guys I am missing how this is related to the 2019 recruits. Please stay on topic. There are other forums to talk about this stuff.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Sorry I just got carried away, I won't do it again

Comment

• Zagdawg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Evan Daniels

Verified account

@EvanDaniels
                        3m3 minutes ago
                        More
                        Four-star guard Boogie Ellis just verbally committed to Memphis, he tells @247Sports | Story: https://247sports.com/college/basket...uke-132008757/

Comment

• Zagdawg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Hardaway selling the "prepare you for the NBA guard position" -- and all the recruits buying in.

“I’m going to Memphis,” Ellis said. “Just the opportunity to learn from Penny at the point guard spot and be able to show me first hand on how to be a point guard and the opportunity to come and play right away with some great pieces around James Wiseman, DJ Jeffries and Lester [Quinones].”

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                            Zag for Life
                            • May 2008

And Tucker? What’s going on in Memphis?
                            No doubt that Penny is getting talent back to Memphis. If he can coach them as well as he is recruiting, they could be a real tough program movign forward.

Comment

• amaronizag
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Jul 2013

Evan Daniels sounds like the name of a Kentucky Whiskey.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                                Evan Daniels

Verified account

@EvanDaniels
                                3m3 minutes ago
                                More
                                Four-star guard Boogie Ellis just verbally committed to Memphis, he tells @247Sports | Story: https://247sports.com/college/basket...uke-132008757/
                                Bye bye Boogie and all the best to you
                                Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

Working...
                                X