X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SWZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

HOF for certain. This story resonates with so many and is a shining example of what can happen through hard work, dedication and commitment. Sometimes you need to put the past behind you and focus on the future and that's what GU, the coaching staff and ultimately what eMac did. Great story.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• Jstock12
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
      It's been a special place for me for nearly 44 years. The experiences, the education, the friends that have stuck with me over the years.

When I'm out and about in North Texas, I'm often wearing a Zag shirt. When someone asks me about Gonzaga, I'll dust off a couple of quick anecdotes (even at my advanced age I can recall at least a dozen). Usually, I'm speaking with someone who went to a large state university, say UT, A&M, UNT, all with student bodies in excess of 30,000.

A response I often hear is "damn, my college experience was nothing like that."

I bumped into GoZags in Tulsa about ten years ago, when we played them in the Bracket Buster game. After our brief conversation, I was approached by several Zag fans from Missouri and Arkansas. They drove for hours to see a team they loved, without having any affiliation to the school. They had no idea where Spokane was, only that it was somewhere in Washington.

My wife accompanied me to my 25th reunion 15 years ago, and it wasn't easy getting her to join me. I persisted, as she needed to know why GU is such a big part of me. After two days of seeing the campus, meeting friends, and hearing one of Fr. Bob Spitzer's speeches, she was sold. Unfortunately, my daughter had no desire to go to GU, because she had been told stories of the rigors of attending a Jesuit university. She had a partial scholarship offer from University of Dallas, which she also turned down. She matriculated at UNT in Denton, and graduated with a business degree.

I'm now working on my 14 YO son, who loves football, and has his sights set on LSU (???). If that fails, then my next best shot is my 5 YO grandson, whose favorite player is Sabonis. Looks like I'm going to have to stay healthy to see that come to fruition.
      Nice!

Comment

• Dogtownkid
        Kennel Club Material
        • Mar 2007

Just a great post and a great tribute to Gonzaga and to Coach Few. A pretty great tribute to Eric as well.

Comment

• soccerdud
          Zag for Life
          • Jul 2009

not everyone with emac's past would have succeeded (let alone flourished) at gonzaga. but anyone with his spirit and character will, regardless of the path that brought them there. clearly coach few and co saw that.

as with any healthy relationship, both sides have much to be thankful for. much appreciation, respect, and zag love to e-mac. we're proud of the man you are both on and off the court.

but this is no wrap-up post, because "IT'S NOT OV-ER" (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap).

Comment

• ZAG'em
            Bulldog Fan
            • Mar 2015

Eric became my wifes favorite when he was redshirting because of the interaction with the coaches kids. They would move his chair, give a high five then pull back leaving him hanging, just always giving him a hard time. You could tell he is one of their favorites.
            Great to see things have worked out so well.

Comment

• zagbeliever
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Jan 2013

I love eMac! He has heart and it shows in his play. We are so lucky to have had him for the time we have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• CdAZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by ZAG'em View Post
                Eric became my wifes favorite when he was redshirting because of the interaction with the coaches kids. They would move his chair, give a high five then pull back leaving him hanging, just always giving him a hard time. You could tell he is one of their favorites.
                Great to see things have worked out so well.
                Being close to the floor for a few GU games this year during warmups, Emac was always the most lively personality on the floor - teasing all the guys, high-fiving, chest-bumping. Great personality and I'm so happy this has played out the way it did for him - after missing that free throw at SMC to promising to bring back the Championship to the Kennel fans left after Senior night, to calling for the ball and wanting to finish that game last night. Just amazing. (Also cool to see on ESPN today they did a little Trending Now video clip titled "McClellans Promise" that showed him making the promise, then his clutch shots last night and finally with him after the game with tears in his eyes.) It was moving...

Comment

• Final4Zag
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Jan 2008

Eric is a class act, wish we could keep him for a few more years.

Comment

• ZagNative
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

The photo with that Instagram post is a keeper as well:

Comment

• DZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                      This post should be pinned for the forseeable future. Its what makes Gonzaga a special place.
                      This is why all those mid-majors who say they want to be or plan to be "the next Gonzaga" never will be. You can't be "the next Gonzaga" without a bunch of Zags, and you can't be a Zag without Gonzaga..
                      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

• Zags11
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                        The photo with that Instagram post is a keeper as well:

Legit. He is a awesome!

Comment

• demian
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Feb 2007

I actually do not know the story behind McClellan but that's ok I must say that post by him had my eyes watering. So very cool for him to experience the last 4 days from this past Saturday till last night

Comment

• Zagarific
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • May 2014

Awesome post. Gonzaga, building an everlasting family and changing one life at a time. I am sure E, has touched and changed many lives with his perseverance too.

Comment

• adoptedzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Saw this post on the Vandy scout boards, and the posters seemed genuinely happy for EMac.

Comment

• sittingon50
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Nice find, adopted.
                                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

Working...
                                X