• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hooter73
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Corey Evans at Rivals:

I'd say there's an 85-percent chance that Suggs will be running the show for the Zags next season."
    lol

Just gonna go find my popcorn again...

Comment

• ZagBlue
      Kennel Club Material
      • Apr 2019

Corey Evans at Rivals:

"He is college-bound unless something unforeseen happens. Yes, Jalen Suggs has continued to investigate the professional path, but Gonzaga should still expect to have him on campus in the fall.

For one reason or another, Suggs never had the options or college interest that many others like him usually do. Whether it was because of his exploits on the football field or that some believed that he would skip college and play professionally, the end result is Mark Few’s biggest recruiting win to date.

I'd say there's an 85-percent chance that Suggs will be running the show for the Zags next season."
      There is not one sentence in the above quote that I have not felt comfortable saying/thinking for months. Caldwell has been all over this. We still need to keep our fingers crossed but all looks good.

Comment

• zagfan08
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagBlue View Post
        There is not one sentence in the above quote that I have not felt comfortable saying/thinking for months. Caldwell has been all over this. We still need to keep our fingers crossed but all looks good.
        Indeed, this is exactly what you and Caldwell have been saying for months. Haven’t seen this at all from the national guys.

Comment

• ZagBlue
          Kennel Club Material
          • Apr 2019

Indeed, this is exactly what you and Caldwell have been saying for months. Haven’t seen this at all from the national guys.
          I can’t stress this enough: The good National guys know a lot about a lot of players BUT they don’t know the details and every in and outs of most recruitments as they follow way too many players. As such, for me, when it becomes apparent that somebody on a board or in the media knows true intricate details, that is the only guy I really pay much attention to. In this case, I know for a fact that Caldwell and I have had a better source on this than most anyone could possibly have. I’m not saying Suggs is assuredly a Zag (and I have never said that before) but nothing has changed my stance thus far. Things still look very good for the Zags right now.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2008

Thanks for the updates. All the drama aside, I would would be happy every time with an 85% chance on getting a player of Suggs' caliber. (And having Dom Harris, who seems to be fantastic player, in the wings helps ease some of the anxiety)

Comment

• ZagBlue
              Kennel Club Material
              • Apr 2019

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
              Thanks for the updates. All the drama aside, I would would be happy every time with an 85% chance on getting a player of Suggs' caliber. (And having Dom Harris, who seems to be fantastic player, in the wings helps ease some of the anxiety)
              For sure! I will always chime in with insight when I have it and/or when I feel it ok to go public with info. Yep 85% chance on a top 10 player is something I would also take in every circumstance. Dom and a grad transfer is certainly a terrific plan b if need be. Heck, we are having another dream season and this team was essentially patchworked together in July.

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Naismith HS Player of the Year Finalists Named

Article Link: http://naismithtrophy.com/finalists-...ophy-revealed/

Mr. Suggs is one of 5 finalists for the award which will be announced on March 10th.

ATLANTA (February 20, 2020) – The Atlanta Tipoff Club today announced the five finalists competing for the Jersey Mike’s Naismith High School Boys and Girls Player of the Year Trophy honors. The candidates represent 10 high schools nationwide, and the winners of the Jersey Mike’s Naismith High School Boys and Girls Player of the Year awards will be announced on March 10. Nine of the finalists have already committed to college basketball programs.

“Each of these finalists has what it takes to win the Jersey Mike’s Naismith High School Trophy, and our voters had a tremendous challenge whittling down the lists to five finalists,” said Eric Oberman, executive director of the Atlanta Tipoff Club. “We look forward to watching them finish out their high school careers strongly as they make a push to claim this national honor.”
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• zagdontzig
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2016

What are the signing dates for the NLI? I guess he could still sign, and go over seas as an NLI wouldn't govern international agreements.
                  Originally posted by Reborn
                  Go Zags!!!
                  Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• RenoZag
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
                    What are the signing dates for the NLI? I guess he could still sign, and go over seas as an NLI wouldn't govern international agreements.
                    Division 1 Basketball Regular Period: Opens 4/15/20 and closes 5/20/20 for hoopsters enrolling in the 2020-21 academic year.

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• scrooner
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Every time someone posts to this thread, I cringe when I open it. "What's in the box?!?!"

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
                        Kennel Club Alum
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                        Every time someone posts to this thread, I cringe when I open it. "What's in the box?!?!"
                        Hahaha +1

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Just saying, maybe the terrible virus outbreak is a help. Would certainly think Asia is off the table.

Comment

• YankMyZAG
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Sep 2019

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                            Just saying, maybe the terrible virus outbreak is a help. Would certainly think Asia is off the table.
                            Silver lining. It's all coming together

Comment

• scrooner
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Does that make Gonzaga the antivirus?

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                                Does that make Gonzaga the antivirus?