• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caldwellzag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    What is it about Tennessee? Other than being in the SEC, what do they have that separates them from others?
    Tennessee is on the rise, Rick Barnes is a great coach.

Not saying that separates them, but should put them in the conversation.

Comment

• caldwellzag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by ZagPiper View Post
      As an O'Dea Alum, my contacts from the school believe Tennessee is the strongest contender to GU.
      I would agree. I think Kentucky has a shot as well.

Comment

• scrooner
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

That one made all the highlight reels, scrooner.
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
            That one made all the highlight reels, scrooner.
            yves pons, though not a household name, is considered an elite freak athlete...that tells you all you need to know about bc...if it wasn't for zion...

Comment

• ZagBlue
              Kennel Club Material
              • Apr 2019

Originally posted by zagssuperfan View Post
              What is it about Tennessee? Other than being in the SEC, what do they have that separates them from others?
              This one seems pretty simple. There is a top 2021 pg from Tennessee (I believe) that is considering Tennessee. Paolo and said pg have mentioned playing together. If the pg goes to a tennesse, then they have a chance with Paolo, otherwise their chances are nominal. We do hear about the “package” type deal often and usually they do not come to fruition. Kentucky is the bigger concern here as of now.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ZagBlue View Post
                This one seems pretty simple. There is a top 2021 pg from Tennessee (I believe) that is considering Tennessee. Paolo and said pg have mentioned playing together. If the pg goes to a tennesse, then they have a chance with Paolo, otherwise their chances are nominal. We do hear about the “package” type deal often and usually they do not come to fruition. Kentucky is the bigger concern here as of now.
                Thanks for the info. The devil is in the details.

Comment

• zagssuperfan
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by ZagBlue View Post
                  That makes perfect sense about the package deal, thanks. So fingers crossed that pg picks a school Paolo isn't considering!

Comment

• TerpZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Gonzaga's Mark Few was in Seattle this evening to see Paolo Banchero's O'Dea team take on West Seattle in a
                    Metro League tournament game. O'Dea defeated West Seattle 77-55. Paolo Banchero did not disappoint
                    scoring 33 points in the victory.

Comment

• sittingon50
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Thanks Terp.

Baseball just around the corner.
                      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TerpZag View Post
                        Gonzaga's Mark Few was in Seattle this evening to see Paolo Banchero's O'Dea team take on West Seattle in a
                        Metro League tournament game. O'Dea defeated West Seattle 77-55. Paolo Banchero did not disappoint
                        scoring 33 points in the victory.
                        Coach Few putting in work!
                        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• caldwellzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                          Coach Few putting in work!
                          Few and Mich were there and on one of the dunks Paolo had Few's reaction was priceless, as you could see him saw WOW. Paolo went off in front of them as he had a double double and showed why he a top 5 recruit in 2021. The kid could step on the court and play for this team, he is a flat out stud. Last night was impressive.

Comment

• LTownZag
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                            Few and Mich were there and on one of the dunks Paolo had Few's reaction was priceless, as you could see him saw WOW. Paolo went off in front of them as he had a double double and showed why he a top 5 recruit in 2021. The kid could step on the court and play for this team, he is a flat out stud. Last night was impressive.
                            The ball handling and passingh is so smooth and impressive for a guy that big.

I know this will come across as an old man shouting "back in my day..." but were 17yr old kids ever this big and mature 20 or 30 or 40 years ago? I don't mean this tall, I mean this much grown into their built and super strong frame and with coordination levels above those of a floppy footed puppy? Paolo looks like mature adult.

Comment

• webspinnre
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LTownZag View Post
                              The ball handling and passingh is so smooth and impressive for a guy that big.

I know this will come across as an old man shouting "back in my day..." but were 17yr old kids ever this big and mature 20 or 30 or 40 years ago? I don't mean this tall, I mean this much grown into their built and super strong frame and with coordination levels above those of a floppy footed puppy? Paolo looks like mature adult.

https://twitter.com/SLAM_HS/status/1227077606169882626
                              I think the answer is pretty clearly "no". The amount of focus that we have on nutrition and age-appropriate weight-training and conditioning has made a huge difference in the kind of bodies some of these young men come into college with.
                              I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• TerpZag
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                                Thanks Terp.

Baseball just around the corner.
                                Here you go, 50, a link to King 5 Sports with highlights of the O'Dea - West Seattle game includes a nice no look pass and a
                                quick glimpse of Coach Few at the game...Enjoy your day...

Next Game: Looks like O'Dea will play Eastside Catholic on Wednesday, February 12th at Seattle Pacific University @ 5pm...
                                Last edited by TerpZag; 02-11-2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X