Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ----GUnit of The Game--- (USD)

steven gray. his defense on johnson was key.

i was extremely impressed with KUSO and his consistency! he has made a huge leap in ability since last year, WOW! last year I would grit my teeth everytime he was in, worrying about him not holding onto the ball, not catching a pass, missing a free throw. he has improved TREMENDOUSLY and is peaking at the perfect time!! Way to go KUSO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuso for me, he led the defensive attack and gave our team a physical presence that won this game.

Quote Originally Posted by john montana View Post
    I'm with John, and I woulda posted last night had I not been mysteriously locked out of the board for some reason. Gray was really impressive with his 'd' on Johnson.

Default vinny/john

everybody filled a role and it was a joy to watch gray do his thing, too. good signs all around.

I want a pound of flesh outta St. Mary's and I think we'll get it.

I liked the post earlier in this thread about toughness. As I watched the game even though it was close I didn't feel that we ever lost control of the game. The Toreros broke on the rocks of a tough Zag team.

Loved Josh, saw some old fire and a hint of athleticism coming back. C'mon legs get stronger.

Pendo & Pargo the captains were great.

My Unit though is Kuso. That last block on Pomare was a punctuation to USD that now is not their time and that the WCC title chase still goes through Spokane.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

Pendo...with Kuso a close second. (the swattmaster) I'm liking Kuso's freethrow stroke also...much improved.

Quote Originally Posted by john montana View Post

Especially early in the game. Steven really made BJ's game uncomfortable. I know others contributed to D on BJ, but it was the tone that Steven set.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

No plus/minus for last night as I wasn't able to start watching until about 5 minutes in. If anyone else took the time (and if you are as crazy as me to keep track), I'd love to hear it.

In any case, Pendo was terrific, and he gets my vote. Downs' defense on Johnson was superb. Brandon Johnson is having nightmares about a tall, skinny white kid wearing #22.

On a side note, our lack of perimeter shooting was well scouted by Grier (I wonder how he knew). They packed it in the paint and when Pargo went in there, he was met by a group. We've got to get some more threats to spread it out or every team will follow USD's lead defensively.

I'm going to go with Pendo. David showed us again what a good player he is in crunch time.
    " 'Damn! I made a lot of stupid – and you can quote me on this – stupid-ass plays. Man, that's gross. But at least we got the win.' " -Jeremy Pargo

It'd be nice if Uber showed up so I could tally the votes sometime this week...
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

IMO the GUnit is for outstanding play the whole game...and that would be The Roster with the biggest heart. Pendo we will miss you next year
    “Great plays wins games, but teamwork and hard work wins championships.”

I vote for Pendo

Kuso gets honorable mention.

Ditto the Kuso -- strong energy on D, but icy calm at the free throw line serves warning to our future opponents. Will leave them wondering who to foul at the end of a game. Lots of intangibles that having a non-stop motor does for a player. The team buys fully into the team D concept because of the hustle of its leaders, even the quiet ones.

One of my friends went to the game and picked Bouldin, but watching on TV it seemed like Kuso to me.

I want to give an Hon. Mention to LG.

Zags got 7 Offensive boards, LG got 3; in 3 minutes playing time. Sure wish that he could get some more minutes somewhere.

Kuso
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    It'd be nice if Uber showed up so I could tally the votes sometime this week...
    Happy now woohoo?

Btw, Uber was off on the mountain skiing yesterday and did not see this thread before retiring for the evening on Monday. Uber voted when he returned. Thanks for waiting.

Oh and the Foo team needs more water.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Jeeeeesh, Woo Hoo gets his wife pregnant and forgets about the little people on the internet?

Where's the tally bro?