Thread: Castro and Siva at 4A state tournament

RebornZag Guest

Default Castro and Siva at 4A state tournament

An update on DeAngelo Castro whose Ferris team gets their first win at state 61-38 over Kentwood. He got 19 pts and 8 rebounds in a victory in his first game at the 4A state tournament. A kid on his team named Shawn Stockton scored 14. Is he related to John? Here's a quote from DeAngelo. "All these teams are new to me," said Castro, a junior who transferred from Freeman after his freshman year. "So I don't know anything about any team. I just bring it strong every time."

Yeah!!!

Peyton Siva, another recruit, who's playing for Frankllin scored 28 pts in a victory over Mariner 78-50. These two guys are on GU's '08 list of recruits and look very, very good for Juniors. Both guys are leading their teams. Here's a quote, "Franklin (23-2) dominated from the opening tip, using it's stellar backcourt of Peyton Siva (28 pts) and Venoy Overton (seven pts, six assists).

I believe Shawn Stocton is Steve Stoctons son and also a Junior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikancagin View Post
    I believe Shawn Stocton is Steve Stoctons son and also a Junior.
    Which means he is John Stockton's nephew. The big guy's name is Casto with no affiliation to Cuba that I know of. The whole Ferris team are juniors and just may take two state titles in a row.

FYI Peyton Siva is only a Sophomore. Watched one of his games and he is lightning quick and drives well, gets to the line a lot and shoots well there but needs to work on his outside game.
    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."-Teddy Roosevelt

peyton siva actually has a good outside game, a very smooth jumper from three that he displayed last night (4 of 5 from 3pt).

also an insane leaper...amazing athletic ability.

imo he is the best underclassman in the state right now, even if he is just a sophomore

Default Siva

Peyton is in UW's backyard.....it would be really nice to steal another recruit from them. It is going to be tough with this one though.
    TM

Default Pics from the tourney

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/sports...tos/gtitle.css

Sick pic of Casto throwing it down on #11
    You're Scotch man! Time to get pissed.
    http://twitter.com/smmclean/zags

Zagfan08, I'm glad to hear he played well the other night. The game I watched him play against Bainbridge he was probably 1 of 8 behind the arc and on the season he is shooting 32% from 3. I guess he just needs to develop some consistency from deep....he is only a sophomore so he has plently of time to develop a deadly shot...just think of how much Pargo has improved from last year to now. Siva is going to be really good I hope we can land him.
    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."-Teddy Roosevelt