Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ----GUnit of The Game---- (Portland)

Pendo with a second to Micah. I agree, every time he comes in the game we seem to play better, and often Micah is sent in to cover whoever is hot on the other team. Think we should start calling him "the cooler"...
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Then, maybe 5 minutes with

Heytvelt
    Foster
    Brown
    Bouldin
    Gray

Actually, I'd love to see a practice game with those two lineups in opposition. Oh, to be a coach.

I have to take Kuso tonight. Not to take anything away from Daye or Pendo, who had great games in their own right. I thought Kuso played one of his best games. He had tons of energy and brought a great presence to the post. He was quick to the ball, with a few tip ins and even a steal or two. KUUUUSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO!!

When it counted the most, the senior was there.
    Gotta go with Pendo!

I'll go with Pendo, but Daye almost had my vote.

Interesting to see some of the comments. Guess that's what makes the world go 'round.

Pendo "when the game was in doubt." The game was never in doubt.

Daye got his in garbage time? UP didn't sub in the deep subs 'til Few subbed in Sacre. 19 & 13? That's a really big game.

Daye.

Why does Woohoo do it like this instead of just making a poll? More people would respond that way...
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    I

My GUnit--- Austin Daye. 19 pts, 13 boards with a ridiculous array of shots.
    You are right on with this vote. 8 of 12 shots and two steal and two blocks. IMO he should be required to call his dad before every game. (from Meechan ) "I actually called my dad for the first time in a while before the game." Daye said. I kind of let some things affect my game, just in my head things were getting to me, and he just told me to go out there and play."
    “Great plays wins games, but teamwork and hard work wins championships.”

Pendo -- awesome first half - game on the line
    then...
    Daye -- outstanding second half, but game was history and Pilots were in deep foul trouble with no hope.

Default Big Red

Pendo gets my vote. Daye is an offensive force..but a few of those points were in the 'I am shooting this time down the court no matter what' class of shots. He is one of the few players who, because he is so skilled, can get away with it....reminds me of Adam. Daye will get his GU Unit in droves in the future.

Rub-- I don't want WooHoo to change a thing...the comments and opinions always make this thread a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by 3XaZag View Post
    Pendo gets my vote. Daye is an offensive force..but a few of those points were in the 'I am shooting this time down the court no matter what' class of shots. He is one of the few players who, because he is so skilled, can get away with it....reminds me of Adam. Daye will get his GU Unit in droves in the future.

Rub-- I don't want WooHoo to change a thing...the comments and opinions always make this thread a fun read.
    You don't think people would post in the thread if there was a poll so he didn't have to manually tally votes?

Default Daye

I vote for Daye. I think his "return to form" is its own big boost to this team.

Big Red the Rattlesnake Assassin.

As for the ongoing discussion of polls rather than counting posts... judging from the fact that you get about 50 or so posts without a poll indicates to me that having to post your vote ain't hurting the process and occasionally pulls a lurker out of the woodwork.

For all of you lurkers... if you post nothing else at all on the board, post a vote... make woohoo's tallying that much more difficult.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Smile Another for

Pendo

Default Gotta Go With Pendo

Big Red was the spark we needed at the beginning of the game.
    Colorado Zag Fan

Bump for the late voters...I'll tally in the morn.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

late voter, Daye is smooooooth and gets my vote
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbadub View Post
    You don't think people would post in the thread if there was a poll so he didn't have to manually tally votes?
    Well the problem with a poll is you only get 10 options and last night 13 players played so that would force Woohoo to choose who gets on the ballot, and with that in mind, Uber's vote goes to....

...A. Sorenson because he's the only one who apparently can get the KC going!

[Woohoo: you may now tally the votes!]
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Rub, if I would have just thought of the GUnit idea, you're right, I would probably be better off with a poll. But its almost traditionary now...I fear change...so for now I don't mind tallying them all myself, I actually kinda enjoy it.

But it will definitley be a thought down the road.

I may start a poll on what people prefer though. A list style like this...or doing it as a poll. I will say though, I have a fear that not as many people will write descriptions and thoughts if we did it in the form of a poll...and I kinda like reading the reasons in which people voted...

I fear change...
    Hiss and boo...

You know the movie I am quoting Rub? "We fear change..." haha, cracks me up everytime I think about it...

And I bet it will get answered in the other thread, but do you know for sure whether its 5 options or 10 for the polls?

only one way to find out...

Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    Sacre's hair.
    Yep, definately!!

Reminds me of when Ronny would come out with rows one game and full on fro another...

Go Robert! You Dirty Hair Guy

...........But its almost traditionary now....
    is that even a WORD woohoo??????

"I have a fear that not as many people will write descriptions and thoughts if we did it in the form of a poll...and I kinda like reading the reasons in which people voted"

I agree with you on this comment. I really enjoy reading peoples rationale for who they voted for & from what I've seen of the polls, not nearly as many people leave comments....
    ZAGS RULE!!!

I going with Downs. He had the hustle, Daye had the #'s.