Thread: OJ Mayo violated NCAA Rules?

Default OJ Mayo violated NCAA Rules?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3210946

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California freshman standout O.J. Mayo might have violated an NCAA rule by accepting free tickets to Monday night's NBA game between Denver and the Los Angeles Lakers from Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony.
    Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
    f∞

OJ Mayo violated NCAA Rules
    just once?
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Quote Originally Posted by lothar98zag View Post
    just once?

Also from the article:
    "Mayo, averaging a team-leading 19.7 points and 4.6 rebounds, said Anthony made the offer of tickets at a party he hosted Sunday night."

What do you think was on the beve list for Under 21 party attendees?
    Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
    f∞

Quote Originally Posted by zagzealot View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3210946

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California freshman standout O.J. Mayo might have violated an NCAA rule by accepting free tickets to Monday night's NBA game between Denver and the Los Angeles Lakers from Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony.
    I don't really think that should be a violation, but i don't really doubt that it is.
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Yeah that is a dumb violation, but if it hurts USC I'm all for it! I also I wish I went to Melo parties and then got crazy tickets to games!

I recall a similar incident about half a dozen years ago when Bill Walton gave his son Luke (who was at Arizona at the time) tickets to an NBA finals game. Luke gave them to teammate Richard Jefferson and Jefferson attended the game. Jefferson had to sit out one game and had to pay the face value of the tickets. There may have been plane tickets in addition to game tickets...the memory's a little fuzzy.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...5BC0A960958260

It is no secret, for example, that Woods was livid last October when the National Collegiate Athletic Association made an issue of a dinner that Woods shared with Arnold Palmer at a Senior PGA Tour event in Northern California. Woods, threatened with suspension, had to write a check for $25 to Palmer to cover his share of the dinner to avoid an N.C.A.A. violation.
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

So if he sits out a game, those USC turkeys have to hold the Mayo. . .

Default Floyd says he gave the OK......

How is that any different from this. http://www.guboards.com/showthread.php?t=8670 See the end of the first post.
    " 'Damn! I made a lot of stupid – and you can quote me on this – stupid-ass plays. Man, that's gross. But at least we got the win.' " -Jeremy Pargo