Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "Much Love to PMAC" thread...

Default PMAC only played 7 mins

He took three shots in that time, so he's not being gun-shy. Guess he doesn't really have a role in the current rotation. Is that because there's no Josh to anchor a 4-guard lineup or because Few just doesn't think PMAC can help out there? Sorry to see him become the odd-man out. Though, I suppose he's had his chances....
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Default Pmac

I was at the game and was very surprised to see PMac take a few shots early in the game. I was encouraged. But there were two specific times where he seemed giddy and turned the ball over traveling. After the first time Few immediately said, "Pierre, calm down."

W/ PMAC being the last one off the bench before Saturday's game, I just don't see his minutes going up when GU needs as much height on the floor as possible*. He can sub out DR or Pargo, but if he comes in for anyone else the team loses too much height, IMHO. And since DR & Pargo need to be on the floor as much as possible for the team to do well...

For better or worse it all adds up to PMAC not getting very many minutes.

*not Burgess or Foster - I think it has become obvious that unless there's extreme foul trouble these two won't see meaningful minutes this season.
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Default The "Much Love to PMAC" thread...

[This threads for you, You Reach I Teach]

Solid contribution which deserves some recognition in the form of his own thread.

didn't see the game but i'm glad to hear he played well. i might not think he should be getting a ton of minutes, but i'm thrilled he contributed to a huge win last night!

good job pmac, hope this helps your confidence and you continue contributing.

Default p-mac

Someone should dig up the link to the canadian hs dunk comp that p-mac was in. I always enjoy watching that one.

Sidetrack: What ever happened to Bekkering (sp?)?

Default Bekkering

Things didn't work out for Henry at EWU; he's now playing for the University of Calgary Dinos.

Little sister Janelle, who turned down a scholly from Stanford, is redshirting at GU after tearing an ACL in pre-season practice. She'll be a huge contributor on the women's team next year.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Few's willingness to allow GU to be more aggressive on defense allowed PMAC to excel in last night's game. I'd sure like to see that continue into the tourney.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Quote Originally Posted by Asotin View Post
    Someone should dig up the link to the canadian hs dunk comp that p-mac was in. I always enjoy watching that one.

Sidetrack: What ever happened to Bekkering (sp?)?
    Here you go. Only a little bit of P-Mac though, mostly Bekkering
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=SHALbUSnYB0

i thought pmac came up huge when we really needed him...personally i was surprised that he was so sharp because, let's face it, he never plays...none of us really know what the reason is, but in any event he helped his case for more pt with gamer performances like last night...but one night's performance doesnt warrant him his starting spot back or anything close...if he can come off the bench like last night and be a disruptive defender he can be very valuable to us in the postseason....but ill believe it when i see it...he's shown little to no confidence and consistency thus far this year

I think it's mostly that he went out there and was aggressive in putting up a shot immediatly (from what I recall of the game over the radio)

Few doesn't care if you miss shots, he cares if you don't take the shots you do have.

As long as PMAC does that - he's going to get his PT.

One thing that I wanted to add on the PMAC discussion. During the game, one of the announcers made the comparison to Erroll. He said something to the effect that PMAC's contribution to the team can come from his defensive abilities and that he didn't need to be a scorer. Wonder if Few heard that? Does anyone ever recall EK being pulled for passing up an open look? Just curious.

I suppose the difference is that Few knows in his heart that PMAC can be a scorer and just wants PMAC to know the same.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Default Magnificent Eight

Here's to a eight man rotation! Just in the nick of time!

He was agressive, confident, and seemed to know exactly where to be on the court. Everyone sitting around us at the game seemed to comment at one point or another about how well he seemed to be playing. He looked better than he has all year. Way to go PMAC!

DeRogatis didn't go off in the first half until PMAC was pulled. In the 2nd half when he came in I specifically watched him shadow DeRogatis off the ball. He got hit, shoved and still kept enough in his face that DeRogatis never got a good look. The offense was gravy, his defense was awesome. PMAC deserves more pt from this performance.

Go!! Zags!!!

Had to settle for the KGA internet radio broadcast (by the way, why isn't Richard Fox on the air anymore.....just the play-by-play guy by his lonesome. Hope Richard hasn't been out and about in Cheney lately :-).
    Sounds like PMac came into the game confident and as is apt to happen, his feeling confident translated into playing confident. I'd love to know to what we might attribute this re-discovered confidence (at least for last night's game), but seeing PMac playing to his ability and having fun doing it is enough for me! I too think an eight man rotation w a confident PMac is essential for tourney success.
    Can't help but daydream about the proverbial three point shooting team capable of knocking any team out....we have a Few proven 3 ball threats: DRav, Downs, Bouldin....w the three P's - Pargo, Pendo, PMac - also capable of getting hot from three-land. IMAGINE.....a 10-13 seeding pitting us against a heavy favorite in the 2nd round only to have the Zags shoot the lights out from long range and slide safely into the Sweet 16!
    Last edited by GonzagasaurusFlex; 02-27-2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Dangling participle

I'm pretty sure Fox only does radio for the home games.
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Some coaches beleive in Offense, some others beleive in Defense. The smart one's beleive in a combination of both.

Default right on blahla

Derogatis became a nonfactor when P-Mac was on him. I was screaming at the TV when we were in the 2-3 without him... lead to a 13-0 San Diego run to end the half.

He was much more aggressive last night but he did pass up on one wide open three in the second half. Few seemed to have a longer leash with P-Mac, I wonder if that had to do with the fact that Raivio was under the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by You Reach I Teach View Post
    Some coaches beleive in Offense, some others beleive in Defense. The smart one's beleive in a combination of both.
    And this relates to the Much Love to PMac thread because.......

Default Pmac!!!

We arrived early and watched the shoot around, PMac was looking so good that my son said, "Dad, why isn't PMac playing more". This lead to several high 5s for us as he came in and injected his much needed energy on the D and O-Fence-ive (majerus) end.

Previous posts were dead on regarding his guarding of DeRogatis (sp?). I really liked the 1-3-1 press where he was the point disrupting USD's ability to get into their half court prior to 10-15 seconds left on the shot clock before it was broken.

Way to go!

RebornZag Guest

Default Pmac love

Right on guys....I think everyone is celebrating the victory last night, AND celebrating PMAC finally playing like PMAC...I agree with everything you guys said. The team needed him tonight for sure, and man did he step up and deliver. He came right in and hit that 3, and I'm like..."All right. PMAC may do it tonight." Raivio must have been sicker then a dog. PMAC had the energy tonight. He was brilliant. If he returns to that kind of a game, he will help the Zags so much. I think he will too. I could see how happy he was last night. I think the Zags are peaking at the right time, and that, afterall, means a lot in this game

Baby steps, baby steps...

PMAC is building back his game and rising like the PHOENIX...on Monday...

Default PMac Love

Bump Bump Bump

I hope Few thinks the same way...