Thread: Recruit at USD Game

Default Recruit at USD Game

I sat a few seats away from a kid with a "BHS Raiders" sweatshirt who was getting quite a bit of attention from Coach Rice, et. al. Pretty sure it was this kid:

http://gonzaga.scout.com/a.z?s=130&p=8&c=1&nid=3280300

Can anyone confirm?

Well, was he a 6-2 white kid? I doubt we're recruiting that many 6-2 white kids who also wear BHS hoodies.
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

That link says we offered, don't know if it's true. That's HUGE news if it is, didn't you guys notice that?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    That link says we offered, don't know if it's true. That's HUGE news if it is, didn't you guys notice that?
    I didn't see that when the link was first posted. It looks like it has since been added. There is an insider story date today that says he got an offer on the visit. Interesting.

Plenty of good things for a young recruit to see out of the Zags in the 1st half... let's hope that's what sticks in his head. I know that the enthusiasm from the fans in the stands at the USD game couldn't have made a lasting impression on him

I'd like to think that we could provide a better impression (as fans) for Jeff Reid at the Portland game in a week

He's a scorer deluxe. I didn't know what our level of interest was in him but it's obviously high. The staff will likely offer Jeff Reid as well, then take the first one to commit. Rivals has a lot on him.

Not sure when Marshall left but it's wintery around here last night and today.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Hope he likes a winter wonderland.

He has had GU listed for a while, without any chatter on this board. Interesting he isn't getting accolades for the pundits but he certainlt racking up offers from many notable programs including; Stanford, Arizona State, Marquette, Notre Dame and others.

"I didn't know what our level of interest was in him [Marshall Henderson] but it's obviously high. The staff will likely offer Jeff Reid as well, then take the first one to commit."

There was also a lot of enthusiasm for 2009 shooting guard Anthony Marshall, who was offered by Gonzaga. Anyone know whether he is still interested in us?
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
    - Stephen Wright

Don't know. I've always been partial to scorers, though. Santangelo, Dickau, Stepp... Either Henderson or Reid would make me very happy.

Default Question about Rivals recruit photos

How come they almost never have photos showing kids playing? Is it a rights issue? Do they reserve those for subscribers? Kinda funny how they have three headshots of a guy that give you no idea what he looks like on a court, playing the game.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Default Avery Bradley

Staying on the subject of talented SG's, does anyone know if there is still interest in Avery Bradley from Bellarmine Prep? Last thing I heard on this board was that he was looking hard at UW but that was a while back now and still not committed. He has been putting up huge numbers, both points and rebounds, all year. Anyone in the know have an idea of interest on either side?

Rivals and Scout together list potential '09 guards as Avery Bradley, Peyton Siva(offer), Tyler Haws, Marshall Henderson (offer), Anthony Marshall (offer), Chris Perez and Jeff Reid (offer coming during visit for Portland game). Talk is first to commit gets the scholarship. The board being in the dark isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Henderson = coach's son = high basketball IQ = probably can't go wrong (especially with his shooting)