Thread: Dallas: Now Known as "Choke City"

Default Dallas: Now Known as "Choke City"

I will admit that living in the Metroplex for 12 years has turned me into a fan of the local sports teams, especially since I live 1/2 mile from the Cowboys complex in Valley Ranch.

Well, let me tell you, the stuff has only started to hit the fan, and it's going to get worse, especially since it was the Cowboys that choked.

Local sportswriters jumped off the Wade Phillips bandwagon ("give him one more year") after Wade's press conference yesterday. I heard it, and even I was PO'ed over it. My wife was ready to jog over to Valley Ranch and rip his eyeballs out.

I figure this loss cost Jerry Jones a minimum of $100 million. They've already announced that PSL's for season tickets at the new stadium will cost in the range of $8,000 to $15,000 per seat, with ticket prices in the neighborhood of $350 per game!

Ummmm.... that was about a month ago, when they were 12-1. Good luck, Jerry!

This choke ranked far higher than that of the Mavericks over the past two years, because the Cowboys are the undisputed Kings of the Metroplex.

poor cowboys.

all they have left now is all those championships they won.

You know TZF, it could not be happening to a more deserving team. I do not really have a favorite NFL team but I very very very much dislike the Cowboys. TO is a perfect fit for that team. But that owner is trying his best to be the George S. of the NFL.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

All I know is that there is a postive glow of pleasure emanating from the Redskin Nation over this.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Oh Boo effin' Hoo !!

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    All I know is that there is a postive glow of pleasure emanating from the Redskin Nation over this.
    WTF is a "postive glow"?

Who's the most obnoxious owner in the NFL: Snyder or Jerry?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    WTF is a "postive glow"?

Jerry, the cosmetic surgeon's poster boy

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by a13coach View Post
    You know TZF, it could not be happening to a more deserving team. I do not really have a favorite NFL team but I very very very much dislike the Cowboys. TO is a perfect fit for that team. But that owner is trying his best to be the George S. of the NFL.
    "Getcha popcorn ready!"

Thousands of shirts were sold with that inscription recently.

The disappointment, and anger, is going to linger in this town for months. Cowboy fans are coming to grips with the fact that they'll never see a better path to a Super Bowl than this: home field advantage, and had they won last week, Brett Favre would be rolling into town with an 0-9 record at Texas Stadium.

Though I do love Jerry's Papa John's commercials. That man can dance!
    "Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees."- David Letterman

This choke ranked far higher than that of the Mavericks over the past two years, because the Cowboys are the undisputed Kings of the Metroplex.
    Idk. That choke against Miami two years ago was awful. Unfortunately, the biggest choke I have ever seen was Zaga/UCLA two years ago...I needed therapy after that one.
    "Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees."- David Letterman

Default 1 billion big ones

http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/Da...s/newindex.htm

That is supposed to be the cost of this new football stadium.

It cost $31 million to build Texas Stadium back in 1971. Times have changed.

There is some book that's out, and I forget the author and the title, that argues that all these new stadiums that teams are building are not all that profitable in the long term....that teams are better off sticking with what they have and renovating here and there.

You need to watch this. Some profanity in the subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8

Birddog

WTF is a "postive glow"?

IMO, Snyder without a doubt as the 'Skins now launch into their 5th offense in the last 8 years.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time