Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ----GUnit of the Game---- (Pepperdine)

Default ----GUnit of the Game---- (Pepperdine)

Holy crap...I haven't seen the zags trounce someone like that in a while. They brought it hard and never looked back. We are starting to click on all cylinders. Lets keep this level of play up. Oh and by the way....that yammo by Ira! has officially earned him the right to keep his "!" for good...

My GUnit- I was really having trouble deciding, but the ridiculous wrap around pass sealed the deal. AUSTIN DAYE I watched that replay...I STILL don't see him ever look in the general direction before he passed it! Freakin nuts!

Honorable mention- To many players to begin...excellent all around. This is how a team of this caliber should be beating teams....keep it up fellas.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Mine goes to the whole team, I cant pick just one
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

Quote Originally Posted by primal23 View Post
    Mine goes to the whole team, I cant pick just one
    sorry primal, but that's breaking rule #2 of the GUnit thread. (Although if there was ever a game to break that rule, itd be this one!)
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Okay okay, fair enough Then mine goes to Daye as well.
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

Pendo, I think he had 4 or 6 of first 8 pts. Played good defense as well.

Bouldin...again. He just makes everyone better.

Default Austin

Daye. 7 of 8 from the floor, 3 for 3 from the line and the amazing pass.

Pargo

I'm betting high assist man(not in the box score ) and he set the tone on defense to start the game.

Daye. Great game in front of his hometown crowd!

Austin is the Gropp Electric Player of the game chosen by Fox and Hudson.

Compare the stats. There's no choice at all for me.

Daye

Matt the offence flowed beautifully when he was in and slowed noticeably when out. That pass by Austin was unreal!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Daye. Great game in front of his hometown crowd!
    Yup. Several guys played very well, but I'm going with Daye because of where it was.

This is very, very hard - hard as it's been all year. But for my money (and there's not much of it), I give the honor to Bouldin. He's playing complete games every night and it's making this team much, much better. Honorable mentions go to no-look Daye and gutsy Pargo.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Cool

Pendo. With HM to Bouldin and Daye. David is always there. Who's gotcher back? big daddy red. need say no more.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Austin Daye

Daye

I'm gonna vote for BobZag, because every time he talks some s*** about this team, it goes out and kicks someone's arse. I'm not saying that's not a coincidence, but ...

Well, if forced to pick someone who actually PLAYED in the game, I'll go with Pargo: 8 assists, 6 steals, 5 boards, 3-for-3 shooting, one charge taken, all with a sore back.

Default Blinded By The Light Of....

..Daye. Of Course. Honorable mention to the Team-Unit. Way to go ZAGS!!!
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Tough call. Wow. I'm tempted to go with Pendo for the aforementioned starting the game off right or Pargo for a crazy stat line while keeping the engine humming and dishing like a line-cook at lunch-hour or even Bouldin for being an absolute all-around rock (and that rediculous falling-out-of-bounds wrap-around left-handed pass in the post) BUT I'm being boring and going with Daye. That kid brought it and how. Let me count the ways - unreal no-look pass (and other fantastic passes), unstoppable with the shot, some nice blocks and boards, perfect from the line, and even brought the ball up a bit toward the end and got the offense running a couple of times. Unstoppable tonight.

Daye, but Pargo gets HM for gutting it out and really finding people. The 8 assists were impressive and most occurred from his dribble-penetrates
    It's F4 or bust.

Default Unit of the game

I hate to single out anyone, they all played well. But in the end I have to go with Senior leadership and 14 pts in 15 minutes. The Captain, Pendo.
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Default Humm.

Man this is another tough one. The whole team really deserves one. But in the end it came down to Matt and Austin. I'm going to have to give the nod to Austin. He did everything last night. Blocks, Three's, Rebounds, and that nasty no look pass sealed the deal. Also, Matt has gotten the last several from me, so I'll spread the wealth and give one to Austin.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Daye. The sweet pass clinched it. Otherwise I would have gone with the team. Pargo was a warrior out there considering the state that he is in.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Matt 'Crazy Horse' Bouldin led the ambush. Hooray for Chief Mark 'Sitting Bull' Few finally getting his team to unleash some fury. Pep had to feel like they were stuck in The Little Bighorn. I only really watched the first half (very late here) and it was a complete bloodletting. I hope the Zags got a good taste of that and relished it.

Kudos to Pargo for showing Corey Butler how you are SUPPOSED to defend the long inbounds pass - steal it and then throw it down.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by FuManShoes View Post
    This is very, very hard - hard as it's been all year. But for my money (and there's not much of it), I give the honor to Bouldin. He's playing complete games every night and it's making this team much, much better. Honorable mentions go to no-look Daye and gutsy Pargo.

Exactly how I feel including the honorable mentions.....and vote likewise.
    I miss Mike Hart