Thread: Hall of Fame Shame

Default Hall of Fame Shame

Congrats to the Goose. . . for making it to Cooperstown.

Shame on whoever voted for Brady Anderson, Shawon Dunston, Chuck Finley, Robb Nenn. . .

Sorry, but Andre Dawson, Jim Rice, and Dale Murphy ought to be in, IMO.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Sorry, but Andre Dawson, Jim Rice, and Dale Murphy ought to be in, IMO.
    Bert Blyleven too?

Quote Originally Posted by zag69 View Post
    Bert Blyleven too?
    I'm not sure 'bout Bert.

Wasn't he in the same rotation ( for the Angels ) at the same time as Ryan & Tananna(sp). . .I vaguely remember Monte Moore calling A's games on the radio and those 3 guys were hella on back-to-back-to-back nights. . .

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

Goose should've gotten in years ago. The voters have turned this HOF into a joke. Jim Rice wasn't nice to reporters so now those pouty ####ies will teach him a lesson, boy.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

I agree - Goose should have been voted in sooner. He didn't need any lead in songs to generate crowd excitement - all it took was for him to start warming up in the bullpen.

I ran into him in a Mission Valley bar one time, just after a Padre game was over - it was just after then owner Joan Kroc had banned beer in the clubhouse. He spoke his mind to the press - "She won't let us have beer in the clubhouse, but she is poisoning the world with her cheeseburgers".
    "You can observe a lot just by watching"
    Yogi Berra

I love it when an old Padre gets into the hall! Even if he only played in SD for 4 seasons. This guy had one of the greatest facial hair looks ever! I don't even care if Gossage never threw a pitch, the stache is stuff of legend!

Quote Originally Posted by sdzag View Post
    I love it when an old Padre gets into the hall! Even if he only played in SD for 4 seasons. This guy had one of the greatest facial hair looks ever! I don't even care if Gossage never threw a pitch, the stache is stuff of legend!
    He still has that same legendary stache.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching"
    Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I'm not sure 'bout Bert.

Wasn't he in the same rotation ( for the Angels ) at the same time as Ryan & Tananna(sp). . .I vaguely remember Monte Moore calling A's games on the radio and those 3 guys were hella on back-to-back-to-back nights. . .
    A 287-250 record does not cut it. He won 20 games once.