Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Refs won the game for Gonzaga?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Roslyn, Washington
    Posts
    222

    Default Refs won the game for Gonzaga?

    I was over on the USF forum and read where many are blaming the refs for their loss. The call in question was the one that sent Bouldin to the free throw line to tie or win the game towards the end of regulation. He missed the 2nd one and that led to USF's chance to win the game in the last 6 seconds.

    The way I saw that play was if the ref didn't call a foul, Bouldin would have won the game in regulation as despite the push/over the back Bouldin got the offensive rebound and was in position to make the game winning lay-up when the foul was called.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default Libby was bad

    I sat behind the USF bench. The USF alumni were giving Libby an ear-full all game long. Every call that favored the Zags were followed by fans yelling at Libby. I think Libby got a cop to talk to one of the fans.

    Refs were pretty bad, but I think the Dons lost the game in the end of regulation with their offensive woes. Their bigs really looked clueless out there and theire guards were jacking up some terrible shots.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    I was over on the USF forum and read where many are blaming the refs for their loss. The call in question was the one that sent Bouldin to the free throw line to tie or win the game towards the end of regulation. He missed the 2nd one and that led to USF's chance to win the game in the last 6 seconds.

    The way I saw that play was if the ref didn't call a foul, Bouldin would have won the game in regulation as despite the push/over the back Bouldin got the offensive rebound and was in position to make the game winning lay-up when the foul was called.
    USF has a forum? What's the link?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    16,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagster318 View Post
    USF has a forum? What's the link?
    Post w/ link to all other WCC fan boards
    .
    youtube - "The Runner"



    Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

    Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

    Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lothar98zag View Post
    Thanks lothar.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,563

    Default

    Yes, thanks.

    :]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Oh gawd, that place is a nightmare. I'm glad we have a real board.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,593

    Default

    Now I remember why I haven't been over to the USF site for awhile. That format is an absolute nightmare!!

  9. #9

    Default That sounds like sour grapes to me.


  10. #10

    Default

    Yeah, those Spokane refs did it to them again.

    I'm also curious about a poster named "DON-in-spokane," fka bulldogshawn...

    What gives? Going over to the dark side?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Bouldin was clearly fouled at the end of regulation. The goaltending call in O.T. was questionable, but the calls even out over the course of a game, which was true for this game, IMO

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Gonzaga "always waiting till next-year" Bulldogs
    Posts
    162

    Default

    The number of times the GU guys were getting totally mugged in the last 5 minutes of regulation with, or without, the ball and not a blown whistle heard in the furthest reaches of Spokane has me questioning the Dons' fans.

    Bouldin and Pendo could have filed assault charges for the number of times they got intentionally slapped about the head.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    128

    Default Yes, it's BDS

    Quote Originally Posted by batistafan View Post
    Yeah, those Spokane refs did it to them again.

    I'm also curious about a poster named "DON-in-spokane," fka bulldogshawn...

    What gives? Going over to the dark side?
    He's made good friends with the head Los Locos. He also went to 2 Dons' games during last weekend.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The other Dublin
    Posts
    889

    Default

    I just remember every call at the beginning of the game going against GU and thinking, "At least they won't be able to blame this one on the refs."

    Things tend to balance out when teams go to the other basket, the one official who makes all the calls keeps making them but with a different team to whistle.

    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    40

    Question

    Did I just loose the ability to read/comprehend the English language or are they really fighting about hot dogs over there?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Yeah, I can be a neutral party. Got beef with that? Not a chance in hell that was a goaltend, the ball we BELOW the rim. Bouldin wasn't touched, not even a little bit. I've watched the replay several times discussing the game with my friends at USF, and this is what I saw.

    but you can ship me a red lightsaber if you'd like, those things are effing sweet!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Gonzaga "always waiting till next-year" Bulldogs
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogshawn View Post
    Yeah, I can be a neutral party. Got beef with that? Not a chance in hell that was a goaltend, the ball we BELOW the rim. Bouldin wasn't touched, not even a little bit. I've watched the replay several times discussing the game with my friends at USF, and this is what I saw.

    but you can ship me a red lightsaber if you'd like, those things are effing sweet!
    Are we talking about the end shot where Bouldin drove the baseline and the USF player stood with his hands straight up, then pressed in on Bouldin during the shot... creating contact, and then moved both his arms down over his left shoulder to crowd Bouldin, and caught Bouldin on the left arm while doing it?

    Anyone have the replay of that handy?

    I'm not saying it happened just like that... only that I only saw the replay once, and that's how it looked when I did.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Jessie Byrd and Bouldin both go up for the rebound, Bouldin tries to tip it in and Byrd tries to grab the ball. Foul called on Byrd, I have looked at it at LEAST 10 times (including 5 in the last 2 minutes) and can't find a foul. Oh, and the clock operator sucks, foul was called with 8.2 seconds, clock didn't stop until 6.3 was on the clock. Not sure how the refs didn't add more time...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Gonzaga "always waiting till next-year" Bulldogs
    Posts
    162

    Default

    We're evidently talking about two different plays.

    Agreed on the clock operator. I noticed continuously trough the game that 2-3 seconds were bled from the clock after many game stopping whistles. A couple times it stutter-stopped. Where they'd properly stopped the clock at the whistle and then it'd pop back on for a moment.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maple Valley, WA
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Too bad about the clock - more time would have given Raivio another buzzer-beater to end the game.

  21. #21

    Default

    No problem with you being a neutral party - just seems like the USF finger pointing is rubbing off a bit. And yes, lightsabers are sweet.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Beat, you have any idea of the time left on the Bouldin drive you're talking about? I'll try to go find it and let you know what I see

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    I'll try to go find it and let you know what I see
    I hesitate to say this, but does anyone really care? The game is over.

    Birddog

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Apparently people care, as the issue keeps coming up...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Gonzaga "always waiting till next-year" Bulldogs
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogshawn View Post
    Beat, you have any idea of the time left on the Bouldin drive you're talking about? I'll try to go find it and let you know what I see
    Honestly I don't remember. Too much excitement and swearing at the TV got it the way of committing the time to memory

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •